1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2017.

1. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Yeah I can easily see this happening.

2. HTM

HTM Member

Eh, this might have become public today but it must have been known within the Cavs organization. If they wanted to do Kyrie for Carmelo they would have done it by now I think.

Raisin, Fullcourt, dje243 and 3 others like this.
  3. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Of course they would! But Cleveland can get a much better deal than that lmao

4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

They'd be the only team in nba history to start 4 guys who should be power forwards ;)

I dunno though, of the teams listed, dragic and stuff is probably the best for a chance at winning. He gives you the same percentages, and actual attempts at defense (Kyrie doesn't carry the offensive load and gives no defense...), but this supposedly happened a week ago, either Gilbert said no, or he said wait til a GM (which is supposedly imminent per woj).

I can see why Melo wouldn't want it though, at least with a Love trade, he could slot in, but with Thompson, Love and Lebron in the front court, he'd probably end up coming off the bench (lol)

bigred77 likes this.
  5. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

A.) Fairly certain another team will.
    B.) Even if they don't, Melo was already prioritizing HOU over CLE, and that was with a full-strength CLE team. This only further worsens Cleveland's appeal.

Raisin and DonKnock like this.
  6. Vivi

Vivi Member

For those wondering, Bledsoe is not has good as you think, he also had plenty of bad injuries in the past years and the Suns already tried to trade him in different occasions, they're obviously not high on him at this point...Ntilikina is a very intriguing pg, 6'5 with very long arms, very good potential (18 years old), at this point he fits better with the Suns core.

7. 9baller

9baller Member

Maybe Melo will change his mind and say, "No Cleveland, only Houston." Lol, that would make things even crazier

Kendrick Lamar likes this.
  8. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

2 yard line my ass. Melo is gone.

Wasted weeks on that. Jeez.

9. HTM

HTM Member

Yea, Lebron wants Melo to help improve his team. Trading Kyrie for Melo doesn't do that. Who says he wanted Melo at any cost? I don't think Cleveland is a better team after trading Kyrie for Melo.

10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Jeez, did y'all just see that Scott Perry interview on ESPN? Is that guy r****ded?

11. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Question on Carmelo's NTC, has this been signed off (document) as Cavs and Rockets as his choices or did he just give them permission to negotiate with those two teams? Reason is he could just come back and let them know he just wants to go to Houston or just Cleveland.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Scott Perry:

Reaction upon hearing Kyrie asked for a trade?

Nothing I can comment on & can't share an emotion/opinion on that right now. We'll have to see what plays out going forward.

Carmelo willing to waive his trade kicker for Houston or maybe Cleveland. Where do things stand in your relationship with Carmelo?

Continue to have dialogue with him & his people & will continue to do so. Like we've said, if there's something that makes sense for both sides, we'll look at it. If not, we won't.

Last time you talked to Melo?

Don't want to get into the intimacies. We're in communication with he & his group.

Talks on pause? Active now? Where are things?

Again, there's a lot of time in front of us right now. We'll do our due diligence & keep lines of communication open. It will take it's natural course.

DonKnock and Vivi like this.
  13. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Jordan Schultz might be the least credible "reporter" out there. Don't believe anything he says.

Cavs would never trade Kyrie for just Melo. Come on, be smarter.

14. bigred77

bigred77 Member

2 teams that are basically dumpster fires
    Total GM experience between them: 13 days or so
    2 All stars demanding trades
    2 Franchise players watching everything go t*** up

Knicks and Cavs are so F'd... I'm so glad we have Morey steering the ship. I also still think we get Melo.

Fullcourt and J.R. like this.
  15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I wouldn't be too worried.

You send Kyrie to NY with Porzingis and their lineup in the weak east, there would be a good chance they make the playoffs.

Great first rounder with the rental.

Boston could beat that right now.

16. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Is Scott Perry r****ded? That was uncomfortable to watch...

17. The Cat

Windhorst reported on today's SC that both the Cavs and LeBron have known about this for several days.

DonKnock likes this.
  18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Maybe most just think more highly of Bledsoe than I do. He can't stay healthy or shoot. Meh. He ain't bad but he's not taking Phoenix anywhere and I don't know that he'll ever fetch much in a trade.

19. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Just because in your opinion, trading Kyrie for Melo doesn't equate in value for the Cavs doesn't mean they won't do it... With this Kyrie thing coming to light & the ongoing Carmelo struggle with NY, both of these players need a change in scenery, & of course Melo would still probably prefer to come here but that doesn't mean he won't waive his NTC for CLE.

With this Kyrie news, things have changed, I think if you want Melo on this team, you're going to have give up Capela. Being completely honest, I wouldn't be opposed to that.

BTW it's not that Cleveland is dumb, it's that they'll do anything they can to keep Lebron there next year, that was unlikely before this Kyrie thing, what do the Cavs have to lose?

20. The Cat

He's already effectively done that.

Cash Cam and DonKnock like this.