1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Troy Williams is back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Madano, Jul 20, 2017.

1. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Unlike Bobby Brown, Troy might be a player so this signing is fine. But I wouldn't get too excited as we have three small forwards ahead of him in the depth chart (Ariza, Tucker, and LMM). Having a fourth SF is just luxury. I would've preferred another PG prospect like Taylor as we're rather thin at the guard spots if someone gets injured. Maybe we should have signed Taylor over Brown, but it appears Brown is our head recruiter somehow.

amaru likes this.
  2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

We could always move Ego over to PG in bunches.

3. AXG

AXG Member

Is the German kid a Euro stash?

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep.

AXG and AB83Rules like this.
  5. AB83Rules

AB83Rules Member

I like this re-signing.

C- Capela/Nene/Black/Onuaku
    PF- Anderson/Mbah a Moute/Qi
    SF- Ariza/Tucker/Williams
    SG- Harden/Gordon
    PG- Paul/Brown

Leaves 1 spot, hopefully we can swing the Melo deal without giving up either Gordon or Ariza, I hope neither are apart of any deal.

Why not? likes this.
  6. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

I believe this is how it plays out completely.......

7. ECHKG

ECHKG Member

Isn't the new season/CBA allows teams to have 17 contracts?! Please correct me if I am wrong.

8. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Yes but we don't have anyone signed to our two 2-way spots

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

This is such a monstrous roster. With MDA designing the offense, Bzdelik designing the defense and Morey feeding data into the system, just wow.

T for 3 and RudyTBag like this.
  11. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

if he has a shot to crack the rotation this year i wonder if williams or dekker would be a better next contract

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

This is wrong, we have more depth at the guard spots than SF since our 3 best players can play pg or sg (Harden, Cp3, Ego) so regardless of injuries we are covered there. OTH we don't have a scoring SF, Ariza is the only real 3nD on the roster Tucker is really more of a smallball PF while LMM is all defense little offense. I feel like WIlliams feels that niche because while having defenders like Tucker and LMM are pretty good, sometimes you just need another scorer who can benefit from the passes that Cp3 and Harden give out.

The roster we have coming into the season is the best I have seen in YEARs, really excited with or without Meelo.

13. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

Hell Yes. Now, that puts us at like, 20 guys signed? 21? Morey needs to get on that Melo trade and unload the others.

14. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i have a strong feeling that gordon is going to be packaged with anderson, and we'll get another quality rotation guard with a lesser contract back in a mult-way...i feel with all the cheap talent we've added...gordon is now expendable, considering the rockets still have to resign paul, and pay capela next year.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

No space for Taylor I believe since we signed Cameron Oliver. Anyway there is no PT for pg since we have Gordon, Harden and Cp3 who can all play PG.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

If you add Melo but lose both Gordon and Anderson then I start to wonder why you do that trade in the first place, you just end up paying more money for a guy who may or may not disrupt your team.

MorningZippo likes this.
  17. jcmoon

because in order to win a championship, we're gonna need someone who can get fed the ball in the low or high post. its a little redundant have three great perimeters players, none of which have length. so with paul, it makes gordon expendable. gordon won't have the ball as much as before anyways.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Eric Gordon is critical to pace and space. No way he gets traded for freaking Melo.

Daryl Morey is going to give the Knicks a used condom for Melo and THAT IS IT.

He is not going to do his coach in like that. A team that shoots record threes is going to keep its best three point shooter. No way we give up TWO of the best shooters in the NBA for gawdamn Melo.

MorningZippo, DonKnock and AB83Rules like this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

and the last several teams that have won championships had who exactly doing all this. perimeter play>>>anything else. it's not redundant bc not only do you need great perimeter players but you need to be deep on the roster and versatile.

20. jcmoon

i posted in another thread also, that it wouldn't just be for carmelo, obviously since it would be 40 million going out, with melo coming in waiving his trade kicker, which means another significant player would be coming in. we can get another 3 point shooter around his caliber with just as good defense who can guard long armed players like the warriors. the warriors have length at the guards....we do not. we don't really need eric gordon's point guard skills.