1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Worst Contracts: Ryan Anderson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jul 17, 2017.

1. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Especially when you have two elite play makers in your starting lineup now. I would love Carmelo on this team but I'm definitely not losing any sleep if Anderson is our starting power forward.

Mazulis likes this.
  2. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Why? Because its talking about a precious white guy? Gtfoh.

3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Morey was definitely on point when he commented that it wasn't the team that signs Parsons.

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I don't think so either. But still... I'm not sure he was ever worth more than prime Trevor Ariza? JJ Redick? Or any swingman that was dwarfed by his salary.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Honestly . .. . If we could get Melo without moving him . .. I'd be all for it.
    At this point a strong defensive PF that rebounds and defends would be nice

Anderson is a + on offense
    but
    a - on defense
    a - rebounder -(Decent does not cut it for a PF)

Honestly . .. he really needs to be working on his back and lower body strength in the off season
    the ability to get and hold position for rebounding purposes

Here is my thing . . . .HE NEEDS TO COME BACK MUCH IMPROVED
    for his contract I am not accepting . .. well he is what he is . .. . NO SIR
    You should be working on your game as I am typing this, Mr Anderson!!!1

Rocket River

6. JD88

JD88 Member

Pretty sure there was a discussion on this in another thread.

I should make another thread on it.

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

8. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Parsons had more talent though. People might not remember, but he pretty darn good running the PnR and passing.

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I feel like SVG and the Pistons desperately need Ryan, but there's no rumors of it happening.
    I know they'd like to move Reggie. Not sure NYK would be about that.
    But they've also got Boban and Jon Leur.

Pistons trade: Boban, Leur
    Pistons receive: Anderson, Houston 1st 2020

Knicks trade: Melo
    Knicks receive: Boba, Leur, Quarterman, Long, HOU 2nd round picks

Rockets trade: Anderson, Quarterman, Long, 1st 2020, 2nd round picks
    Rockets receive: Melo

Who says no?? lol

10. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

Biggest word is "HAD". He wasn't durable. Ariza has been very durable and a better defender.

11. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I wonder what Ryno's mental state is right now. He didn't have a terrible season yet he's being portrayed as a player no one wants. To make matters worse there is a chance he may be back with the team that has spent a good part of the off season trying to trade him. He had to hear about the guys working out together in Vegas and I'm guessing he wasn't invited. All of this has to play in his mind and will either motivate the hell out of him or kill his confidence. I hope he is able to put this behind him because we may be leaning on him more than we all think next season.

12. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Oh I agree, just saying that he got better contracts because he had higher potential. Durability can be tricky. Take Nene, Ryno, and Ego for example. All three have had questionable durability going into last season and all of them played more games than they have for a long time in their careers. If Parsons managed to stay healthy, his contract could have become an entirely different story of value. Sometimes, even if you do your best maintaining your body, **** just goes sideways.

NJRockFan likes this.
  13. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Ryno is a professional, have always been in his career. I am sure he realizes parts of last year and the playoffs didn't quite go as planned and is going to be working his ass off.

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

True. But not many players get the benefit of the doubt that Parsons got. Eric Gordon has been undervalued his entire career. Parsons hadn't proved anything and Mark Cuban tried to outsmart everyone with his poison contract. I love that it was Cuban.

The Grizzlies contract, though, is really absurd.

15. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Yeah, the Grizzlies contract was bad. Cuban's was a gamble that didn't pay off.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this is part of a larger article on bad contracts. It so happens our dude is #1 for worst contracts for PF.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He took the money and never improved his game, he's busy dating kardasians.

roslolian likes this.
  18. JD88

JD88 Member

So I read.

I then proceeded to post about 15 contracts given out JUST LAST SUMMER that were as bad, if not worse.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, though.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Semi stars don't shoot 28% FG while providing zero def and boards.

With that said, his contract isn't so bad if you make him the 4rth option behind Harden, Cp3 and Ego. Considering we also added defensive guys like Tucker and Black in addition to Ariza I say Melo can rot in NYC we don't need him.

1 year playing next to Cp3 and Harden should do wonders for Anderson's stock. By this time next year maybe we can even get an asset while shedding Anderson's salary if he rebounds from his disastrous playoff performance.

20. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

I think he would have still got a similar deal to 3/60 at his age.

The difference is trading a valuable asset for his contract and signing him for that amount for nothing. One is clearly better than the other.

His current contract is fine if you signed him, but would you give up capela or gordon for him, both on excellent deals?

The other part of it is jealousy and teams not wanting to help the rockets get three stars for so little.