1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Connecting the Trump-Russia Dots

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Mar 8, 2017.

1. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The same 30-35% that threw around the word "commie" like an epithet less than 10 years ago now can't get enough of an ex-KGB official helping their "champion" get elected.

Deckard and JeffB like this.
  2. mtbrays

Supporting Member

LOL MY ****ING SIDES ARE IN ORBIT

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He is a complete moron, but he put it out because the Times broke the story and was going to publish it anyway - but I assume his lawyer told him if he tweets it first, it might help defuse slightly (or at his sentencing hearing).

4. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

I also remember Comey the Leaker's visit to the NY Times a few weeks ago. I guess we now know what that was about.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

stupid Watergate gets stupider. Releasing these emails is so moronic, everyone thinks it's another distraction.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Perhaps trying to create the feeling that it is not a big deal "look here are the emails" thereby winning the media battle. Along with the hearts and minds of the people in the US. Lol

7. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

This is heavy. Who is Rhona?

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

[​IMG]

9. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

In Shakespearian fashion, this is Donalr Jr's attempt to eliminate his father from and take total control of the Trump Organization.

May the strongest son reign.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

11. mtbrays

Supporting Member

You have literally no idea who the source. You are projecting about who you want it to be, but you do not know.

12. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

The show is getting really good now.

[​IMG]

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Times said they were going to publish to his lawyers as a courtesy after they broke the story an hour ago

Trump Jr lawyers asked for more time to respond on the record

But instead, Donny Jr tried to preempt them by tweetstorm & deny them their scoop.

Not sure if it matters, only a pardon will keep him out of prison at this point - in a noncorrupt functioning democracy and not an illegitimate gangster-ocracy.

14. mtbrays

Supporting Member

15. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Don't be surprised of the spin on this. Somehow, if I had to guess, this is going to be "we did this out of concern for the country.... potential illegal activity by Clinton... thought Clinton was 'colluding' with the Russians... we did it to Protect America!"

People need to be careful about jumping to conclusions- there are all kinds of legal loopholes that no doubt the Trump team is exploring.

Don't get me wrong... this is sleazebucket and most likely criminal behavior - but I do not doubt the lengths at which the Trumps will go to.

And we'll have the obligatory:

"The Democrats did it, too!"
    "President Trump didn't know what his son was doing!"
    "They're still mad they lost!"

Never mind that they would be throwing an uber hissy fit if these activities happened on the Dem side (oh wait, they already did).

But I will not be surprised one iota if they figure out a way out.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

[​IMG]

17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Mental capacity permitting, Trump supporters are going to feel like idiots when this is all over.

On the bright side, these guys all get to move up a notch in the most corrupt list:
    [​IMG]

18. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Of course! I'm sure there are plenty of legitimate reasons why a recently fired FBI director, someone who is legally barred by signed agreement from revealing any FBI information to any non-government entity, would visit The NY Times.

He was probably just there for a tour of the printing presses.

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The Trump WH advisers are building their story right now:

Kellyanne Conway: "Donald Trump Junior was acting on a secret mission to uncover Russia email leakers. He did this at the direction of the President, er, I mean Attorney General. It was a very dangerous mission that Donald acted heroically. We all owe him our thanks and admiration."
    Sarah Huckabee Sanders: "As we have stated on numerous times, no one in the Trump campaign had direct physical contact with Russians. Direct physical. Next question."
    Sean Spicer: "No comment. "
    Katrina Pierson: "President Trump was wonderful in Germany. See, this wouldn't have happened if they kept me instead of that scraggy-old looking blonde bimbo. Look at my t***!"

20. mtbrays

Supporting Member

Again, you don't know this.

When you voted for the wall you didn't think it would close in so fast, did you?

pirc1 likes this.