1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Connecting the Trump-Russia Dots

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Mar 8, 2017.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'll preface by saying I feel pretty confident that the Trump team is a bunch of crooks. But, I'm also uncomfortable with this particular drip though not for the same reasons as you. Journalists and editors at reputable papers take pains to make sure their anonymous sources are legit. And Jr has confirmed the news anyway. But, I don't like the vague "... has ties with the Kremlin" language we see all the time. When you put it that way, the reaction is obviously going to be, "why would Jr agree to meet with an agent of the Kremlin about dirt on Clinton?" But, if he (quite reasonably) didn't know she had any ties with the Kremlin (whatever they are), he may have merely thought she was a lawyer that happens to be Russian and didn't have the moral imagination (something all the Trumps seem to be very short on) to recognize the political liability a meeting would create. In other words, he might be an ignorant sap who fell victim to a KGB influence operation. It could be, without crossing any ethical lines of cooperation with foreign powers, the Trump team recognized once the Russia news blew up that these meetings were embarrassing and they tried (again foolishly) to hide them. The cover-up is still wrong.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Jesus, this is incredible - looks like the Times got his emails. Donny Jr. probably looking at jail time now, unless there's some pardon from his dad.

Trump Jr on Russian Government Offer: I love it

This is impeachment and jail time for everyone involved in a semi-normal environment with a functional GOP. With a bankrupt band of clowns, it's probably not.

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

If only he had typed "I'm lovin' it!" he could have buried this as a McDonald's order misunderstanding.
    But Jesus H. This is what I was saying: the Times has these lined up like cannonballs and the Trump team is adding to their miseries by tweeting unwisely in between the stories. They need to shut up, and I think the story has to shift to "we're outsiders, we were ignorant of some subtleties of the law. We just wanted to beat Hillary and MAGA."

But they'll keep denying, moving to new lies, and attacking the messengers.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

If the NY Times has this imagine what type of dirt Mueller has

krnxsnoopy likes this.
  5. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Would it be better for Democrats to have a bunch people associated with Trump found guilty but not himself, so he can run GOP into the grounds for four years?

6. B-Bob

More interested in what's good for the country. A big dose of truth would be good, no matter the fallout.

I mean, the whole Trump phenomenon is just a symptom of our enormous illness, the broken system. Him screwing up for four years and shifting a few seats in Congress is not going to fix things, IMHO.

7. pirc1

He will get less done than someone like Pence, so in a way having Trump in office is better than Pence.

8. B-Bob

You mean until Trump fires him this coming Friday?

TheFreak likes this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

Considering that she was explicitly described as a "Russian government attorney" in the email correspondence leading up to the meeting, your comfort level should be embiggened.

JuanValdez likes this.
  10. JuanValdez

Nevermind what I said, in light of:

“This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump.”

Ban him.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  11. JuanValdez

It's hard to keep up with the pace of the news!

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL... now Donald TRUMP Jr is tweeting the emails (to stay ahead of NYT releasing them I guess).

13. B-Bob

"Re: Russia - Clinton- private and confidential"

I thought the meeting was about adopting children.

Just exactly how stupid is this going to get? Am awaiting the new goalposts from our usually array of didn't-vote-for-Trump-but friends. And I guess they are awaiting their talking points newsletter, which is somehow slow to arrive today.

JeffB likes this.
  14. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

The top spot for worst job in the world has been taken from assistant crack w****. Now the worst job in the world is Trump lawyer.

15. Buck Turgidson

Somewhere in Manhattan, Eric Trump says "Hold my white wine spritzer and watch this..."

B-Bob and peleincubus like this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The defense is always "They didn't know, they aren't politicians".

nothing ever sticks.

17. pirc1

30-35% of the people in this country would vote for Trump in 2020 again.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The email arranging the meeting:

"This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump.”

Yeah, how was he supposed to know it was related to the Russian Government?

JeffB likes this.
  19. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

And how did the NY Times obtain these emails? Some highly illegal leaking going on by Mueller's team.

20. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I can't tell if Trump Jr is putting this out to cover up even more damning collusion with Russia or if he's just a complete moron.