1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

High percentage landing Paul Milsap to the Rockets according to ESPN

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KALIKULI, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Perki-Perk

Perki-Perk Member

Zou qui?

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

I guess so, even though i still love our 2008/09 rotation...

Yao Mutombo Hayes
    Scola Landry
    Artest
    Battier Barry
    Brooks Lowry

Not as good talent wise but damn i loved that team soo much...

joshuaao, HakeemOnlyFan, Kim and 2 others like this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Secret weapon to unleash in the finals :D

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Left Gordon and Capela out because I'm starting to believe we can acquire absolutely no one unless one of them is included, and it's too risky to trade our 2020 pick. But year if any of those two are still on the roster, wow.

It's a team no less capable than we were last season offensively, but in a whole new category defensively. And that's exactly what we needed. No one is going to outscore the Warriors, but the team you posted could easily be a better defensive team than the Warriors. Just the thought of there being 3-4 players on the squad who are incredible defenders who would be willing to confront Harden about it - that's one of my favorite things about that team.

Need this. I know chances are slim to none, but maybe. If Millsap, like most players, has an inflated sense of his own value then maybe he looks at that and says: that's the only team that can beat the Warriors. Maybe.

DreamShook likes this.
  5. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Morlees sLEEVES ARETHEARMS RACE :D

DonKnock, DreamShook and PatBev like this.
  6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Imagine if TMAC stayed healthy for that team .

On paper , that was one of the most talented teams of the decade .

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Eh, i get what you're saying, let's hope we can make the splash in the best way.

#287 Vivi, Jul 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  8. Mathloom

Supporting Member

I also don't like the silence from the Thunder. Presti better not swoop in for Millsap.

9. Coach E

Coach E Member

They can't do it unless he gives them a big discount.

10. Houston_Rockets

Why is everyone on this board so OK with locking 30M+ per on Milsap? He is great, always liked him, to me, he is one of those talented guys that never get the credit they deserve, but paying him that much, would mean that we lose flexibility going forward. And yes, I know flexibility doesn't win you games nor championships, but to me, you need 3 superstars to compete, and to me Millsap is not one, and going forward 30M on a non superstar, means he is untradable, meaning we cap out on talent.

Once again, great player, star in this league, no one out there right now in FA better then him (outside of Hayward), but 30M locked to him is too much IMO. Am I missing something?

J.R., snowconeman22 and Little Bit like this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Now i'm really scared -__-

The good thing here...maybe...is that Millsap can pick his destination so, all things consdiered (Houston > OKC...George and Westbrook expiring) he should prefer Houston...i hope so at least.

And btw it's not happening :(

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

or ATL agrees to S&T

13. OTMax

OTMax Member

We're all in and still have valuable players to trade later, Gordon and Capela come to mind ;) also with Millsap here there's more chance for veteran minimum contracts!! Millsap is A level and Gordon is also A level more or less. We can go to war with CP3 Harden Ariza Millsap Capela Tucker Gordon Nene

14. Coach E

Coach E Member

True but I doubt this happens.

George and Westbrick going to LAL next year.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  15. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Sorry but, if Millsap is not a superstar, then no one has 3 superstars.

Klay Thompson or Draymond Green are not superstars. Kevin Love is not a superstar. Spurs definitely don't have a 3rd superstar.

You don't need 3 superstars to win. Also, if you look at the structure of super teams, the 3rd guy - like Bosh or Love - always has to take a backseat and learn to become more of a glue guy. I.e., a Millsap.

Also, I don't know why people talk about Millsap as if he's just a hard worker lol. This guy is an elite defender averaging damn near 20 points 5 assists, while being a good rebounder and hard worker. Millsap is everything Lebron wanted from Love. He is everything Lebron wanted from Bosh. He is similar to Draymond.

You need this guy on your team. Once you have Millsap flexibility is irrelevant. You have to cash in your chips at some point, because the stakes have been raised. You can't spare some flexibility, which is probably why Morey has been going HAM this summer.

16. anchel

anchel Member

But defense is as important as offense, and it is our biggest need, remember.
    Melo is the more confortable fit offensively, I agree. Still Millsap can be a nice fit. He operates from outside to inside, he's a very good finisher inside, he's very good off the ball, ala Motiejunas, he's a very quick decisor and a good passer, can handle the ball off the PF/center position and can shoot the 3 too. And the most important, he would be a great fit against the best 5 of Golden State as a center.

Corpusfan likes this.
  17. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Milsap is the perfect third star for this team. This team needs some toughness. Think of the upgrade in defense we'd have this year, with him, Paul and Tucker. Great underrated third option. It's unlikely the Rockets are going to find someone as impactful if they wait around for the perfect third superstar to become available. The time to compete is now.

18. Mathloom

Supporting Member

It's definitely not happening....

Right?

It's not it's not. It's not happening at all. It's practically unhappening.

Hakeemtheking, HakeemOnlyFan and Vivi like this.
  19. OTMax

OTMax Member

Melo gives you more offense, Millsap gives you defense and toughness!

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

Or a sign-and-trade