1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PJ TUCKER A ROCKET

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jul 1, 2017.

?

Do you like the signing of PJ Tucker to a four-year, $32 million deal?

Poll closed Jul 22, 2017.
  1. YES

477 vote(s)
    84.4%
  2. NO

88 vote(s)
    15.6%
  1. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

yup I think he referring to regular season though. CP3 played less.

2. And1redux

And1redux Member

Sure, but who cares about the regular season. CP3 can still play 35+ minutes in the playoffs while putting up elite numbers. That's all that matters.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He can't sustain that through a season. I hope we can get the 3rd star otherwise he is asked to do too much in the regular season which isn't as important as people think.

4. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Doesn't matter whether Golden State is scared or not. The Rockets have closed the gap significantly between them and Golden State by adding CP3 and Tucker.

Think about last year's matchups vs the Warriors.

Beverley played Curry, and Ariza played Klay or Durant, but the Rockets did not have a third quality perimeter defender to throw at the member of the big three that Ariza wasn't guarding, or to give Ariza a blow.

Offensively, CP3 is a huge upgrade on Beverley and Lou Williams combined, plus he will make his teammates better offensively with his passing ability.

BigMaloe, Hakeemtheking and RudyTBag like this.
  5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

The point he was making was about size and matchups.
    Bev and Lou at 6'1 are replaced by a legendary playmaker and a 6'6 hound dog defender.

Huge upgrades

Yaosthirdleg and Hakeemtheking like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You promise CP3 won't get injured and plays only 50 or 60 games?

7. CXbby

CXbby Member

You promise you won't get hit by a truck tomorrow?

BigMaloe and Aruba77 like this.
  8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The 4th year is partially guaranteed.
    Chris Paul has persuaded his friend to join him.

He will help to take off pressure from
    Ariza, and give us perimeter defense too. I'm pleased with this addition.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  9. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Of course I can't promise that. But if he is healthy in the playoffs, that's all that matters.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I won't. I am working indoors, unless it is a terrorist attack, do you wish that happens to me?

CP3 having minor injury is likelier than that.

[​IMG]

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I sure hope so. I became depressed when I heard he was coming here.

12. And1redux

And1redux Member

The same could be said for PG and Blake Griffin. All very injury-prone players. I really don't see what your point is. Who could've we gotten instead of CP3? CP3 was by far the best player in this year's market.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  13. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Great signing. Tucker has declined a lot, but what he lacks in skill, he will make it up with his intensity, grit, and heart a la Pat Bev. Our new DAWG. CP3 already making waves.

oh yeah... Hook 'Em

14. CXbby

CXbby Member

What if Steph gets a minor injury? Maybe GS should've let him go.

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

1) Chris Paul
    2) Harden/ Gordon
    3) Ariza/ PJ Tucker
    solid...now on to the front court!

16. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

lol get CP3 and strike out on everyone else.

17. JHL85

JHL85 Member

Tired of all the complaints about this signing.... so I am going to take some time to let the complainers know why this is a good signing..

(1) We paid less than market for him. Reasons? See below.
    • Toronto basically offered him the same amount for 3 years. Look at all the Toronto fans that are bitter about this deal.
    • Have you guys been living under a rock? This isn't 2014-2015 anymore, when salary cap was 63 million. Note that the cap for the last season was 94 million, which is approximately 150% more than it was in 2014-2015. 8 million is a bargain. Too lazy to list "lesser" guys, who recently signed contracts, that are receiving about the same amount of money. Take a look at http://www.spotrac.com/nba/rankings/ You will find plenty. You really thought you can sign a "game changer" with $8 million? If you can name a better guy we could've signed for $8 million, I would love to know. Btw, we still have NG contracts worth $11 million OR we could possibly structure Tucker deal as S&T to preserve MLE.
    (2) Our (and every other team's) road to championship depends on whether we can beat GSW and Tucker helps.
    • Ariza can't stop both Klay Thompson and Kevin Durant. Tucker will be able to help now. Basically, we now have players that can guard three best offensive weapons of GSW (i.e. Curry, Thompson, and Durant).
    (3) NO, using up our MLE on Tucker doesn't mean we can't sign Nene. It would be dumb to pass on Tucker to have 100% chance of signing Nene, if we have a solid chance of signing both.
    • I still feel like we can sign him using non-bird rights eventually. If not, we may still be able to preserve MLE (see above).
    (4) People initially complained that 4 years was too long. Later, it was revealed that it was 3 + last year partially guaranteed, and people are saying its still too long for Tucker's age.
    • HE JUST TURNED 32 IN MAY. So by the time his 3 years is up, he would be 35 or would have just turned 36 if we make it far in the playoffs :). Basically same age as CP3.
    • Also, trust me, his contract shouldn't be too hard to move... Don't even compare it to Ryan Anderson's contract.
    Finally, be happy guys! As much as we want to be able to beat GSW and make "slam-dunk" trades and signings all the time, that is not going to be possible. We need to make realistic moves to get us closer to beating GSW, and this is definitely one of them.

Deuce, No Chance, Vivi and 13 others like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You are just a hater of CF brehs...... nothing more.

I get that Tucker is useful but all we do is building a poor man's Draymond, a poor man's Klay, a poor man's this that.

And when we face the the rich man's version it is still not going to be pretty. Yeah I think Curry is much better than CP3 at this point.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What about your prediction that Marcus Morris is going to be Melo or Pierce like? Until he got kicked out of town?

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...rcus-morris-your-new-franchise-player.206126/

Have fun!

#359 daywalker02, Jul 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    No Chance and Little Bit like this.
  20. CXbby

CXbby Member

So what do you suggest? Maybe you should go watch the Comets instead.