1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

High percentage landing Paul Milsap to the Rockets according to ESPN

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KALIKULI, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

You could say the same thing about 28 other NBA teams.

jevjnd likes this.
  2. Vivi

Vivi Member

Millsap cannot sign here, even if he wanted, we have no cap space to sign him, unles you want him to sign for 8M per year which would be an insult to him. We would need a sign & trade but i guess Atlanta is not interested in Anderson, or maybe we're not interested in Millsap...

JohnMac82 likes this.
  3. dmoneybangbang

I'd say we are fine if we fill out the roster with good role players. Not enough to compete with GSW outright, but that's where chance plays a role.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, i guess i'll to accept that. I don't like to be whiny but damn, i expect more...i know, i shouldn't have.

5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

The lack of aggressiveness could be an indicator that Carmelo Anthony would like to be a Rocket.

Rockets are possibly trying to grab as many Role guys as possible right now in order to send off Ryan and the first rounders for the trade.

Who knows.

6. PatBev

PatBev Member

We got the banana boat to form

Von Rafer likes this.
  7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

They ain't even that good bro

8. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Leverage

9. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Some people don't care about fun at work. People often choose jobs with salary in mind first, even in highly paid fields like the medicine. For a max NBA contract at $27+ million a year I'd play in Siberia. Denver doesn't even seem like that bad of a situation. It's a nice city, they just aren't competing for championship.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  10. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Will have banana boat next... doesnt matter.

11. dmoneybangbang

CP3 was a pretty good get.... our ceiling is higher than it was a week ago. We will have elite playmaking for 48 minutes and a great crunch time player in CP3. I think it's just a gut punch that PG went to the Thunder and the Wolves look elite all of a sudden. I think Morey will be able to fill out the roster better than OKC again, but the West is looking crazy.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Millsap seems like a guy who HAS HIS RIGHTS

Pass.

13. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Nothing wrong with Millsap trying to maximize his value. I don't understand some of you.

14. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Exactly, in our starting lineup we upgraded from Bev to Chris Paul. Love Bev but that's huge. If we round out our bench unit to contain Ego, Shumpert, PPat, and NeNe I think we did alright. Nothing earth-shattering but still at the very least on par with our 3rd seed team last year

15. Fullcourt

Excuse me? Adding a superstar while only losing Bev and Lou, while also adding Shumpert and PPat makes us 'at least on par' with last year's team? Dafuq?

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Yeah, AT LEAST on par. Rockets would AT LEAST be as good as last year.

17. Fullcourt

I suppose we're all being optimistic here, and I might be splitting hairs, but I don't consider that our floor at all. We have CP3 and Harden. We should wreck **** every damn night.

Von Rafer, MrSabotage and BigM like this.
  18. MystikArkitect

Last years Rockets were a top 3 team in the NBA.

The team that didn't have Chris Paul on it.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So we have a 10 page thread based off some dumbass fan poll on ESPN.com?

20. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I can see this going the same way a RFA. Milsap goes out into the market to see what he can get and find a team that will pay him his market rate. Once a team gives him an offer, he goes back to ATL and either a) ATL gives him that b) ATL let's him walk and sign with said team with nothing in return or c) ATL then works with a team that Milsap will go to that's also willing to S&T for that amount and gets something in return. That return package would have to be better than freed up cap space that ATL would get by just letting him walk. Ryno on his own won't do it, they'd probably rather just have the cap space then committing to the remainder of his contract. So a sweetner of a young player (Cap) or pick might be just enough.

Milsap gets his money + be on a contender team of his choosing. ATL gets something instead of nothing. The team that S&T's for him (hopefully us) gets to acquire him while being above the cap. Denver and Phoenix are leverage. Might be why PHX pulled out.....not willing to pay that much and/or got the sense he wasn't serious about signing with them. Just conjecturing.....but that's how it would seem to me.