1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul Traded to Rockets!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 28, 2017.

?

Do you like the trade of Beverley, LouWill, Dekker, Harrell, 1st rounder to LAC for Chris Paul

Poll closed Jul 19, 2017.
  1. YES

676 vote(s)
    88.6%
  2. NO

87 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. DMO (DJ remix)

I'm just curious now, the guys in the trade were supposedly help us trade Anderson, wondering if we're doing S&T with Hawks for Millsap? Doubt they want Rhyno, will be interesting to see where he lands.

2. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

was actually listening to this album this morning. what a coincidence.

DonKnock likes this.
  3. malakas

malakas Member

?????

BigMaloe likes this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I tried this in the trade machine and the numbers don't work. Must be either another deal happening or we are sending more players.

craguin likes this.
  6. alethios

alethios Member

Haha, this is great! Lou will be back in LA. Beverley's is going to need to work on his PnR and lob passes when playing alongside Jordan, but I will miss him most of all. I hope Dekker sees some playing time. He's still got a ton of potential and could even be a starter in this league someday. I wish the best for them and us.

I felt better about this trade once I knew Harden was recruiting Paul. Will be interesting to see how this tandem will work.

[​IMG]

7. MystikArkitect

Harden will move into a pseudo Durant role now while CP3 will play the role of Curry. EGo can play Klay but Draymond is the toughest one to replicate.

That dude seriously might be the only one of his kind in the league.

DonKnock and ramotadab like this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

A player that has never relied on athleticism, barring some major injuries, CP3 is going to be a great player for 4 more years.

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

OMGGGGGGGGGGGG

DonKnock likes this.
  10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Attention: @BimaThug

What's the math look like on this? We still need to shed some salary to make this work, right? I'm assuming Morey is hard at work on getting the Kings to take Ryno off our hands.

don grahamleone and DonKnock like this.
  11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

By the way, you can be proud to say you've been a Rockets fan since the old days, cause surely a ton of bandwagon fans will jump on our train now.

12. the shark

the shark Member

LeBron is good friends with CP.

Possibility he leaves the Cavs after next season if things don't play out the way he wants (a Championship).

DonKnock and RedNation like this.
  13. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

WOJ NUKE BOMB!!!

I am speechless. WOW!

Not only are we getting Chris Paul, but he OPTED-IN to his contract meaning we got him for $24 million instead of a +$200 million he was looking at in LA. This is huge. It will allow the Rockets to still maneuver cap space and possibly land another superstar. BRILLIANT!

14. what

what Member

Rockets just solved one of their biggest issues, decision-making down the stretch and turnovers.
    It will also help james harden be more fresh, as he doesnt have to run the offense and kill himself.
    Good move rockets.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Chris, your time has been over!

[​IMG]

don grahamleone and justtxyank like this.
  16. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

Well Lebron and Wade made it work and neither could really stretch the floor as an off-ball shooter. There's real potential for Dan Tony to make this work

DonKnock and justtxyank like this.
  17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Great trade. Yes, we could have signed him outright, but we would have had to shed salary and his cap number would have been a lot higher... further constraining our next move.

With the trade we get a HOFer at a cap number that allows us to add another big piece (if we can shed somebody salary).

Bev is a guy you don't trade if you are trying to win a championship... the exception being for a guy like Chris Paul.

Harden, Paul, Gordon is the best backcourt in the league, and it's not even close.

I want to move Ariza and Anderson and get another piece. This is getting exciting.

Rob

DonKnock likes this.
  18. Perki-Perk

Perki-Perk Member

These were all pieces we were talking about moving to clear space/acquire assets anyway, and we just shortcut the process and saved 10 Million against the cap.

DonKnock and topfive like this.
  19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Also, where are all those people that said NO ONE wanted to play with Harden at now?

Sit Down, Be Humble.

20. the shark

the shark Member

THIS^^^^

Perki-Perk, DonKnock and ramotadab like this.