1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Celtics trade #1 pick to Sixers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 16, 2017.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

Let's see if Colangelo gets colangelowned...

3. Raz

Raz Member

This might be the key here. They also avoid the Isaiah/Fultz dilemma and may add a wing like Josh Jackson or Jayson Tatum with the 3rd pick.

amaru likes this.
  4. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

But if you think #3 and a "future role-player" is Ainge getting fleeced, how can you also suggest major protections on the future pick are justified by saying "they are already trading the #3 pick?" The #3 pick can't both be massively less valuable AND just about even trade value on its own.

If the pick really does have major protections, Ainge is definitely getting fleeced. In order for this to be fair, the future pick needs to be largely unprotected. Maybe just #1 protection.

BigMaloe, Richie_Rich, Vivi and 2 others like this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-76...-no-1-pick-take-markelle-fultz-215225362.html

The Philadelphia 76ers are engaged in advanced talks to acquire the No. 1 overall pick in the draft from the Boston Celtics to draft Washington point guard Markelle Fultz, league sources told The Vertical.

In the proposed deal, Boston would acquire the 76ers’ No. 3 overall pick in 2017 in a package that includes a future first from the 76ers, sources said. Philadelphia’s 2018 unprotected first-round pick that was acquired from the Lakers has been part of the discussions, sources said.​

Richie_Rich and Vivi like this.
  6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Good point. you're one of the sharpest new posters I've seen in awhile here. Becoming a big fan. And love the avatar for some reason.

I'd add that there is also a pretty good chance Philly never sees the lottery again for quite some time, so the pick still ends up mediocre. If there is a "big downgrade" between Fultz and the #3 like Givony believes (who's a pretty good scout), I'd keep it. It's what Ainge hoped one day would happen with that Brooklyn fleecing.

Just for grins, would you do Fultz for the #3 and Okafur?

Os Trigonum likes this.
  7. i3artow i3aller

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Who is the best center in this draft? And where he's projected to be picked up?

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Philly has other picks besides their own.

Like the Lakers next year - I think unprotected.
    Do they also still have another Kings future first? I think its the 2019 one.

So if you're Colangelo and Ainge, would you do
    #1 for #3, Lakers 2018 pick, Kings 2019 pick [both are unprotected]

??

If I'm the Sixers, definitely. They can't trust the process forever and Fultz/Simmons/Embiid/Saric just makes too much sense.

If I'm Ainge... I guess. If the cap implications are having an impact, if he really likes Jackson/Fox/Ball/Isaac anyway, considering they STILL have the Nets #1 next year.

They could next year have Nets #1, Lakers #1 and then in 2019 have Kings #1.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Ainge is probably also betting on Embiid and Simmons healt, which is a big factor here...if the Sixers pick is in play and not protected obviously.

MorningZippo likes this.
  11. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

I appreciate it! I've lurked a bit before starting to post, and the respect is mutual.

I wouldn't, no. I'm not a fan of Okafor's game. His defense is poor, his rebounding is mediocre and his calling card--refined offense--which was supposed to translate immediately has been underwhelming. His scoring efficiency is poor and his Offensive Rating is surprisingly terrible. I wouldn't say any one metric is gospel, but none of the metrics paint the picture of an offensive plus.

An interesting challenge trade that I don't think either team does: Embiid straight up for the #1? Embiid has proven he's a great NBA talent, but his health is a huge question mark. Fultz carries the usual risk of a prospect who has yet to play in the NBA. Both sides would be taking on enormous risk, and I don't think either side would want to risk looking massively stupid if their side busted and the other side blew up. But it would be fascinating, IMO!

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. malakas

malakas Member

Normally giving up on the only player that supposedly has "superstar" potential for bigger quantity but lower quality assets is a horrible decision.
    However we are talking about Collangelo making the trade here. With Ainge. That's enough for me to predict a horrible trade for Philly.

The 76ers will totally be worth watching next season. Might be one of the only teams...

amaru and Vivi like this.
  15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Ainge betting on Embiid never being 100% and who the f*** knows about Ben Simmons.

Fultz will be exciting to watch on the chucking Sixers squad though.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Damn it, Morey! We need some Rockets rumors! Why are there no Rockets trade rumors?

da_juice likes this.
  17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

18. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I see the Celtics getting either Fultz or Jackson

19. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Why wouldn't they go for Ball?

20. i3artow i3aller

Hoping the Cs go w/ Fultz.
    Philly fans are already celebrating as if he's theirs.
    [​IMG]