1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Draymond Green vs Kawhi Leonard: Which temperament do you prefer on the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by celebrevida, Jun 12, 2017.

?

Which type of temperament and leadership do you prefer?

1. Draymond Green or similar

20 vote(s)
    33.9%
  2. Kawhi Leonard or similar

39 vote(s)
    66.1%
  1. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

Note: I am only comparing their temperament and leadership qualities and not their individual basketball skills and talent! For the latter, we all know that Leonard is better without question.

Draymond Green and Kawhi Leonard are almost polar opposites in terms of leadership and temperament.

Green is the emotional engine and fire on the Warriors. Sometimes he gets carried away but he always play with great passion and emotion. And he isn't afraid to call out anybody on his team. Fans of other teams hate him but grudgingly admit they'd love to have someone with his passion and emotion on their team.

Leonard is just the opposite. He definitely has great work ethic and definitely cares about winning. But he leads more by example than by emotion or calling people out. He is probably the most stoic superstar I have ever seen. People often noted Tim Duncan's stoicism but Leonard seems to take it to another level.

So of the two, which temperament and leadership do you prefer in your star player?

HTX Ninja likes this.
  2. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Kawhi isn't a leader Green is obvious choice

Wapzoe and roslolian like this.
  3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Leading by example really just means "I take care of my own **** you do yours".

Also I beg to differ on the talent and skills between Green and Kawhi. Green has an even wider skillset than Kawhi because he is a playmaker aoart from 3 pt shooter, oth Kawhi is just strictly a scoree and defender which is why Spurs run a ton of isos now compared to before when they were a lot more team oriented. Just on health alone Green takes the cake, Kawhi got rest this season and controlled PT but he still ended up injured. Green has been banging with the NBa's biggest since the year began and is still standing strong.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Kawai's.

Draymond Green's temperament cost the Warriors a championship last year.

5. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

James Harden

BigMaloe likes this.
  6. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Green isn't a leader, he's just a dick.

napalm06 likes this.
  7. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

I'd take that dick any day LUL

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This belongs in the DISH

napalm06 and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  9. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

I meant this question in terms of fan preference on the Rockets. I've changed the title to make it more GARM relevant.

10. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

@Pen15clubber agrees

Pen15clubber likes this.
  11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Just show up and play hard on both ends every game

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Whatever James Harden doesn't do is what I prefer amirite?

kjayp and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  13. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Next year is gonna go pretty hard. I think we will be in the 3rd round. Let's see how this summer goes.

Im pretty pumped.

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I never want a player that tries to injure opponents on my team

15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I like my leaders to have some fire... so I went Green - even if he is a dick...

I wish Harden were more like Bev in terms of temperament...

Wapzoe likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

"I would take Draymond. Kawhi would probably back down to James. I want someone to slap the hell out of James every now & then, someone who won't back down from him, who won't take any **** from him. Give me Draymond every day." /CF

17. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

i like both but Kawhi 'speak softly and carry a big stick' Leonard is more appealing ...

18. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

is this a trick question? kawhi 10/10x. draymond isnt a 1st or 2nd option, kawhi is. passing and **** talking only thing draymond has on him. we got hardena nd mda for playmaking, and kawhi working on his own passing game. let the warriors keep the kinesiologist, while spurs trade kawhi for ryan and lou with the rights to sergio.

get'er dun morlay

19. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

Its not a question about which player you prefer. Kawhi is obvious. Its about whether you want someone with emotion and fire, even if maybe sometimes they get carried away vs a stoic, poker faced type like Leonard. I just used these names as examples but feel free to substitute.

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I want to elicit as much hatred as possible. Bev and Draymond would be HATED.