1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

In one off-season...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BigMaloe, Jun 8, 2017.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

What team(s) could put together a perfect storm in order to reach Golden States stratosphere of talent? What moves would it take and how would the team look afterwards?

I think if Boston could have a perfect off-season going "all-in" they could put together a team that could challenge the Warriors.

Sign Hayward.
    Trade fultz/jaylen/zeller for Butler
    Trade nets '18/smart/avery for George

Leaves a starting lineup of

Isiah. Vs Steph
    Butler. Vs. Klay
    George. Vs. Iggy
    Hayward. Vs. Durant
    Horford. Vs. Draymond

2. BigMaloe

For the rockets the best possible off-season scenario is to sign Hayward and somehow trading for George. But I'm not sure if harden/george/hayward is enough although I would take it

3. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

You can take the three best players not on the Warriors and put them on the same team, and the Warriors would still beat them. It just doesn't matter. I hope the Warriors try in the regular season next year and go 82-0.

Not only do they have 2 top 5 players, they also have the 2 top 5 players who fit together perfectly. Their offensive efficiency is off the charts. I just do not know how you can match them.

BigMaloe likes this.
  4. VBG

VBG Member

Hmmm. Spurs would have to dump Pau and some more salary and get CP3.

CP3
    Danny Green
    Jonathan Simmons
    Kawhi
    Aldridge

with Pop coaching I think has a pretty good shot at it.

You need a team that can beat the Warriors defense in the halfcourt. It's the only way to beat the current Warriors. I don't see anyone out run and gunning them. Slow the game down and score on probably the best defense in the NBA which is obviously a challenge. Defensively, this team should hold up pretty well and I have faith in Pop coaching up the defense.

BigMaloe likes this.
  5. BigMaloe

OK yeah I can see them being competitive albeit IDK if it's enough.

I think the cavs if somehow they could acquire another star, like melo or george with their crap assets, could jump back up there.

Like somehow you could acquire either for shump/frye/tavares/felder and have a lineup of

Kyrie
    JR
    George/Melo
    Lebron
    Love
    Tristan

VBG likes this.
  6. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Disagree. Lebron, Harden, and AD would challenge them big time.

7. VBG

VBG Member

Lebron, Kawhi and AD. Lebron and Harden overlap too much. Harden is too bad defensively too.

8. VBG

VBG Member

Maybe they could get Melo with crap assets. Tough to get PG13 though. And with Melo the defense would be too weak. Maybe they could play a slow bring it up game though.

Cavs with PG13 would have a good shot. Elite spot up shooter who can also guard anyone.

9. Caesar

Caesar Member

LeBron should join the Pelicans with just AD and Boogie and the vet minimum free agents and buyout vets will come to fill out the roster.

BigMaloe likes this.
  10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They don't really fit together like the Dubs team. Its not just the 4 big guys. Iggy and Livingston are pretty good. Livingston seems to never miss those midrange shots. He is shooting 55%. Iggy is a great defensive player and seems to step up offensively here and there. They really didn't lose any of their core bench players to get Durant. If they had lost iggy or Livingston to get Durant it would have felt like they had to give up something to get him, but they didn't. They lost their 8th and 9th player to get him.

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think the knicks would want something for melo. Maybe Thompson, but then they will not have a center, but thompson isn't playing any D or rebounding this series.

12. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thompson is probably hurt. Doesn't look at all like the same player he was in last year's finals.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

We can trade Ryno for Anthony Davis and Dekker for Kawhi. That would be the perfect storm for us. That roster would have an outside chance of beating the Warriors in a 7-game series.

This Finals series shows us that Morey's high-variance strategy is not going to work unless we are extremely luck (like powerball lottery lucky) where we shoot 50% from 3pt line at about 60 3pt apg 4 games out of 7.

juanm34 likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Or New Orleans could try get a borderline star along with Cousins and AD.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

FIFY

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

no hes just outmatched

17. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Who's keeping him from rebounding? Did the Warriors add Dennis Rodman?

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yes, drastic times are drastic........I thought this was about parity.....lmao

There are only so many superstars in the league, others I only consider stars....

19. Caesar

Caesar Member

New Orleans is such trash outside of AD and Boogie. Jrue is nice, but better they clear as much money by letting Jrue walk, and trading Solomon Hill, Omer Asik, and E'Twaun Moore. Ugh....$98,068,582 until 2020 tied into Hill, Asik, and Moore. UGH. I hate shitty run franchises.

20. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Now think about the fact that it would be nearly impossible for those 3 to get on the same team, and just know the Warriors are winning the next 4. And even so, I do not know if those 3 would be enough cuz they would be surrounded by scrubs like Deron Williams on min contacts to fill out their roster. You need tons of depth to keep up with the Warriors and play at their pace. Eventually they will go on a three point barrage and put the game out of reach.

The warriors really have no Weakness outside of Pachulia, and he barely plays. Their death lineup is unstoppable, without a player like Shaq or Hakeem in this NBA.