1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James harden working hard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

deserves its own thread

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

That's more like it!

3. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

What's the point? Reg season hero; Playoff zero. Love the dude but tell it like it is. Oh yeah, I have a crystal ball in front of me....guess what happens in the 2018 NBA Playoffs?

4. Caesar

Caesar Member

looks like he gained weight

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

James Harden will be great physically on the basketball court... what worries me is the mental part under pressure deep in playoffs when it really matters. It's more mental then physical.

6. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

yall act like we were beating the warriors... the "Ive grown to hate james frauden thread". would have been bumped in the spurs series or the warriors series regardless. Its just other teams dont usually crap on their best player... lol even harvard said that the rockets have no real fanbase

glynch likes this.
  7. blackistan

blackistan Member

Lets see where it gets him come playoff time and the season is on the line

8. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I stick by my prediction that James will have the best year of his career next year. Absolute peak is upcoming imo.

Hmc415 and Jayzers_100 like this.
  9. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Real men have beards playboi

10. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Smh so many emotional males these days

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think you might be emotional over me stating a benign objective statement and then feeling the need to insult.

CapelaOnlyFan and Mr. Clutch like this.
  12. marky :)

marky :) Member

Working hard or hardly working? Amirite? ;)

13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I think he needs to look at dropping his playing weight.

He easily overpowers almost everyone who tries to guard him, but that's not the most practical tool to have.

He does get bothered by quicker guys and he is playing the PG now.

Add to that the fact that he's been going to the line 10 times a game for 5 years now. The strength has probably helped him absorb all that contact, but you have to also think about the point at which all those drives and power jumps are putting stress on the joints. He's going to be 28 this season and his career is not heavily dependent on strength or jumping, so he needs to keep that quickness up or get it higher a tiny bit.

He came into camp in excellent shape last season but I think maybe they need to rethink the focus. Would be awesome if he showed up 8-10lbs lighter than he did last season and they cut his minutes down to 34-35.

14. rockets13champs

Judging by all these comments Toyota center will be empty all season even if the rockets are a 60 win team

15. rockets13champs

The more weight he loses the more weaker he will be

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Nope. Strength comes from muscle, bones and joints. These are not the only source of weight.

Also, it's ok for him to get a hair weaker physically, if it makes him a hair quicker. That's a good trade off right now.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He ran out of gas towards the end of the 5th set.

18. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Agreed. Kobe and Lebron have always been leaner than Harden, and even they took efforts to lose weight as they got older. The body just isn't as forgiving as you age, and I think today's game lends itself to speed vs. strength on the margin. Kobe did it in summer 2007 (age 29), and Lebron did it in summer 2014 (age 30). Harden turns 28 this summer...it's time.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

that's what is going to make next season suck if we don't land a second star. We'll all just be waiting to see what the playoffs look like. He can't be better than he was last season unless his shooting get curry levels.

bleedroxred79 likes this.
  20. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

If I'm not supposed to care what james does when he's off the court (partying, strippers, whatever...) am I supposed to care when he does this stuff off the court?

...jus wonderin if one of the harden fanboys can provide clarity regarding the 'rose colored glasses' viewing of James Harden...