1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Off Season Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 16, 2017.

1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

They're not the best but they don't look like the plain jane ass unis that we currently sport.

I'd be willing to buy a battle red version if those were put out on the market. Haven't owned a jersey since I bought an Arian Foster battle red when Nike came out with the new cuts.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

That's funny...I actually really like the horns. oh, well. I feel like if this was real, it would have been released previously.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/a...xansOTAs/207b5ed4-37c2-4357-a2b3-4b21a5a8cdf8

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Texans are working hard, improving every day & being the best teammates they can be. - Bill O'Brien, John Harris & Pat"DStat"Rick

Where's that @justtxyank post? ;)

mick fry and justtxyank like this.
  5. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Fullcourt likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

8. mick fry

mick fry Member

Not hardly, I think you are giving an unproven way too much credit over a guy who has shown NFL capabilities but just can't stay healthy.

9. T for 3

T for 3 Member

when has tom savage shown NFL capabilities?? He's so awful.

10. mick fry

mick fry Member

#2390 mick fry, Jun 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  11. T for 3

T for 3 Member

so you add him to the list of guys who come in to a game and play ok. Not at all enough to justify giving him the benefit of the doubt. remember how bad he looked the next week?

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, but you have absolutely nothing to go on with Watson and you know that he won't know the system and his college experience suggests that he'll have to improve certain aspects of his game to have success in the NFL. Basically it's having a little to go on with a guy that knows the system vs a guy with nothing to go on who doesn't know the system.

13. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I see where both of you are coming from. If you had to say who was more ready to start a game at this moment, it would have to be Savage.

Here are the factors I am taking into account:

Savage has been in the league several years. He has had plenty of opportunity to show that he has a chance to be "the guy". To me, the fact that he hasn't done it thus far shows that he more than likely won't do it.

Now, is Watson completely unproven at this point? Yes, but on the other end, you do know that Savage isn't the answer. Of course, you are going to put savage at number one on the depth chart because he is the veteran. I think you have to believe, that with the talent on the roster, the coaching staff is going to look for any reason at all to start the Watson experiment. It's not a Goff/Keenum situation, where the Rams weren't going to win anything, so there was no need to rush Goff along.

The Texans are really good though, so if Watson shows even the smallest of flashes in camp or pre-season, what's the harm of throwing him out there? I don't buy that if you throw him out there and he is a dumpster fire, it will ruin him.

In my mind, you have nothing to loose. Throw him out there, and if he fails terribly, go back to Savage. The biggest thing is, he doesn't even have to be that good to be an upgrade. We know BOB is not averse to the QB carousel. Savage may get a couple games, but.......

let's get this show on the road.

#2393 T for 3, Jun 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Tom Savage is not awful.

15. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Again, this statement is based on one decent half against the Jags. I don't understand.

Fulgore and RasaqBoi like this.
  16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Every time I've seen Savage play, hes done well. I think if he were to play a full season he could get us deep into the playoffs.

mick fry likes this.
  17. T for 3

T for 3 Member

you are entitled to your opinion. I don't know what it is based on though? college? pre-season? I'm honestly asking.

Fulgore and RasaqBoi like this.
  18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I know he hasn't thrown a TD yet but in time. He has only played in 2 NFL games. He looked poised and a lot more comfortable than what we had been seeing throughout the season. I do know that he is going to make it hard for Watson to take that starters spot.

19. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

If Savage can't win the starting role this year. He will never start on any NFL team for the rest of his career.

I don't hate Tom. I don't love him either. I'm just wondering how O Brien will manage this. 0-4 and he makes a switch? What's the cut off line ? He seems like a girl that can't make up his mind and I'm sure McNair / Smith will have pressure on let's get fans excited, bring in Watson asap.

I think Savage will be decent enough to win half the games. I'll be shocked if he stays healthy. I can see him getting injured in the first 5 games.