1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Montana House GOP candidate body slams reporter

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Anticope, May 24, 2017.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Sounds like one to me. "D" size, for dumb. He's an ass with two legs, born without a brain.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

... I remember reading in my history book that the republican party used to be for law and order...

3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

They used to be for fiscal conservatism too, pre-George W. Now they spend just as much money as the Democrats, but it's on tax breaks for the wealthy and govt contracts to their special interest buddies (defense, energy, healthcare via big pharma and for-profit insurance) rather than social welfare programs that usually don't work. Either way you look at it, there isn't a conservative party in American politics that you can legitimately get behind anymore.

da_juice likes this.
  4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

But ... but ... but rich white men do not break the laws, doncha know? They wrote the laws to target the "others".

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Those stupid Montana voters elected a liberal governor and a liberal US Senator. Obviously, they are not right in the head, right?

justtxyank likes this.
  6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

early voting is awful for reasons like this, but the left loves it

[​IMG]

7. TheresTheDagger

This is why I always wait till election day to vote.

Plot twist: I live in Montana and am voting today. I WAS going to vote for Gianforte simply because his democratic opponent is a lightweight who also has a history of not paying his debts OR his taxes (a lot of this) but now I'm thinking of voting Libertarian or simply not voting.

What a complete idiot Gianforte is....and obviously a hothead.

8. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The driving issue of conservatism today is being "anti-liberal, anti-snowflake, anti-pc, anti-feminism, anti-progressive ism, etc."

Once the "Republican" party pivoted to mocking free-trade and supporting protectionism everyone should have realized that the party wasn't about any actual policy principals anymore.

dobro1229, JeffB, da_juice and 2 others like this.
  10. NewRoxFan

LOL... now that is funny.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If anyone finds an article explaining why it shouldn't be a felony, please share it. Anyway, news reporters don't generally get paid a lot of money. This guy will. Congratulations.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  12. TheresTheDagger

http://billingsgazette.com/news/gov...cle_3a6bf896-6c25-5dd9-a4b8-d7e097a950e4.html

13. NewRoxFan

This is what constitutes a felony assault charge in Montana:

Knowingly Causing Serious Bodily Injury
    A person commits the offense of aggravated assault if the person purposely or knowingly causes serious bodily injury to another person. Serious bodily injury is a physical injury that creates a substantial risk of death. An example of aggravated assault includes physical contact, such as a beating, that places the victim in critical condition or in a coma.

Aggravated assault also occurs when the physical contact results, or can reasonably be expected to result, in serious permanent disfigurement, such as severe facial scars due to boiling water or acid, or extended loss of a part of one’s body or organ. The loss must be more than temporary, but not necessarily permanent. For example, losing one’s spleen after a knife wound to the abdomen, or having to amputate a finger after a bruising fight, would support a charge of aggravated assault.

If the harm is mere “bodily injury,” such as physical pain or the temporary impairment of a physical condition, the charge is likely to be a misdemeanor.

(Mont. Code Ann. §§ 45-5-202, 45-2-101.)

Hakeemtheking and JuanValdez like this.
  14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Anybody got any of them early returns?
    [​IMG]

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

My parents live in Western Montana and I visit frequently. Last time I drove out there, I saw some Quist signs around on some ranches.

I think Quist is a weak candidate but Gianforte basically lost his chance the first time because he didn't cozy up to Trump enough.

Still, if you understand Montana culture you will know this doesn't mean a hill of beans to the Trump supporters. They care solely about God, guns, and the pursuit of making sure Sharia law doesn't infiltrate Montana (I'm dead serious, my step-brother told me he thinks the current Governor should be impeached from office because he won't sign something banning Sharia law).

They are still riding the high from Trump being elected. The only chance Quist has is if a large percentage of Trumpers turn apathetic and don't vote.

I am about 92% sure Gianforte will still win the election.

da_juice likes this.
  16. NewRoxFan

So of course, you'd expect Donald Trump to be a champion of law and order and not favor party over country... and you would be wrong.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you have wet dreams of putting liberal scum in concentration camps?

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Why is it the most beautiful places in the US have the highest concentration of stupid?

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

That is why I live close, but not too close. The ignorance of the small village types will melt a city person's brain. These psychotic, inbred junkies are raised by their gun-hoarding blue collar baby boomer parents to automatically hate (re: fear) all that is different in the world.

Beautiful country.

God help you if your skin is too brown driving through those parts though.

20. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

You make it sound like Mississippi 1940s. It is not that bad, is it?