1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shaq needs to leave TNT (updated Chuck to Shaq "Show is better without you"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tinman, May 24, 2017.

?

Shaq should go?

1. yes

151 vote(s)
    84.4%
  2. no

28 vote(s)
    15.6%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's not funny.
    He mumbles too much.
    He's way too sensitive. Look at the Javelle McGee situation.

#1 tinman, May 24, 2017
    Last edited: May 24, 2017
  2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Ima throw one of these chicken wings at your ******.

I lost it there lmao Charles gets under that skin

3. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Hmm i thought hes going to be a sergeant or something for the miami dade ....... errrr 2020?

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

There's a certain level you don't take the "joking" to and Shaq has no idea, no idea how to keep it professional, thats why the little cheeky bickering eventually turns serious and becomes real hate and anger for Shaq. Barkley was clearly trying to lighten it up and pull out of the argument while Shaq probably saw it as Barkley conceding to him.

It looks like a unhealthy work relationship for sure, and as a viewer, nobody likes a dumbass bully. Shaq can be very funny, and he brings a lot to the show when he keeps it funny, but these little macho man outburst over his pride aren't professional and makes it uncomfortable for both the viewers and the guys on the set.

Lmao this youtube comment cracked me up
    chuck :* Smart funny joke
    shaq: I GOT A RING **** YOU AND YOUR MOTHER

#4 ThatBoyNick, May 24, 2017
  5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Shaq is angry cause he knows what Barkley said was true

mustang98 and Kendrick Lamar like this.
  6. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Shaq and Barkley sound like a bunch of grumpy old men in this segment. My guess is that these games haven't been doing as well in terms of ratings, maybe TNT wants to inject some life into these broadcasts? Personally, I think this is a WWE acting job in terms of quality.

I do have to go with team Chuck here, though. Because, frankly I always want Shaq to lose because he was the most unskilled player I've ever seen play the game. Shaq should pay half of his money to Joey Crawford and all of the tomato cans he beat up on after all of the great centers retired.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yup but that is the entertainment value.

BigShasta and Tha_Dude like this.
  8. basketballholic

Like Shaq when he's funny but that's it. He's the #GOFAT.

The greatest offensive fouler of all time.

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, Chuck > Shaq 24/7

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Please God, yes! The show was perfect for years with EJ, Kenny, and Chuck. Why did they have to throw Shaq in there with his monotone delivery?! I'm fine with inviting a 4th participant onto the set occasionally during the season, but not as a permanent fixture on the show. Especially if it's someone like Shaq who ruins the dynamic they had.

11. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Replace Shaq with Baron Davis. BD is like a cooler Kenny Smith.

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

When Shaq first started, I didn't like the addition. But now I just think he's hilarious, he's grown on me. Also, what Chuck was saying is obviously a joke, Shaq won finals MVP those first 3 championships so he obviously didn't ride coattails if he was the best player on the team lol.

BigShasta likes this.
  13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Perfect post.

14. DikembeOlajuwan

Shaq is turrible, not sure why they put a person that mumbles a majority of the time on tv. And the garnet segments are just as bad.

15. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

"Shaq should leave the show" is old news.

16. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

Shaq is around because of Shaqtin a Fool. But damn, he is so sensitive and needs to take a joke. I used to hate watching because of Barkley, but Barkley has grown on me the past year and a half. Shaq is hilarious when he gets pranked, falls, or just dying of laughter, but when Barkley comes at him, I wish he would just take it as a joke. Dude needs to lighten up.

He's capable of being a chill, down to earth human being. Watch Shaq's interview with Bensinger. It's cool. Cool dude, but damn this is the only time I cringe.

Also, he should still be allowed to make fun of Javale McGee. The Warriors are ****ing p*****s.

17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

One of these days I think shaq is going to fight barkley on air. That is going to be great television. Shaq is way to sensitive.

Kendrick Lamar likes this.
  18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yeah I agree, I think I was watching the post-game show after the Cavs blowout of the Celts and someone tweeted that Shaq looked like he was sweating harder than the entire Celtics squad during the game did. He immediately went for the "your mom" jokes... I'm like what, seriously.... that's STILL your go to after 40+ years of being on this Earth and you still say "yo mama" as the first line of defense when someone makes fun of you?

Grow tf up or get better at being funny.

19. basketballholic

Chuck should start a segment called Chucks Chicken Wing Crybabies, capturing players whining to the officials. At the end of every piece he should run footage of Shaq running over some poor tard and griping when he gets called.

#19 basketballholic, May 24, 2017
    napalm06 likes this.
  20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

C'mon, bruh. Stop kidding yourself.

Dude knocks off Jordan's Bulls with no skills. Okay....