1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UK Domestic Violence] 19 dead in suicide attack after Ariana Grande UK concert

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Space Ghost, May 22, 2017.

1. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

1. They kill our innocents.
    2. We kill their innocents.
    3. ????
    4. PEACE!

2. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

That is a terrible idea. It first assumes some kind of participation by the family. It also seems to assume that they too themselves are radical Islamic extremist. And for that matter, seems to assume that their families at all are Muslim. What if turns out they are Episcipalian Christians?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Not only that you've just created thousands of Muslim Bruce Waynes fueling with rage that their parents or other loved ones died. It's a never ending cycle.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

You just called 40% of the country deplorable ... (I should note you did not say voters). Now you're back peddling saying there is a difference between someone who voted for Trump, a traditional Republican voter and a Trump fan? A difference of .... 6%?

Then you have the arrogance to say....

Yes, we knew exactly what she was saying, just as you said it yourself. 40% of the voters are deplorable .... simply because they voted for Trump. Who wants a leader who looks down upon 40% of their population and calls them deplorables? Hillarys comment was not a gaffe. She either expected 100% of the population to vote for her or those who didnt vote for her were not worthy to be her constituents. Yes, Hillary is that shitty and arrogant.

I dont view you as as a shitty person ... you're not running for office. You're entitled to your twisted belief and you're still an impressionable millennial. Nobody is perfect, certainly not me.

5. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

No thanks. Much rather stay here and educate you- because you do need it.

It is a shame, though, that you can't handle it. Aren't WE supposed to be the snowflakes?

6. dandorotik

Why do you blatantly misinterpret the words that are right in front of your eyeballs? Are you that completely and utterly stupid? I said that YOU, by singling out one group, are giving others a pass. I said not one word about offending people. I mean, I wrote it in Standard Written English- if that is too difficult for you to comprehend, I can't help you.

And stop already with the PC bullshit- because that's what it is - complete, total bullshit. It's a full-scale exaggeration and deep down, I'm sure you know it. Not going after families that produce terrorists has nothing to do with PC- it has to do with the Rule of Law. You want to interrogate him, search their belongings on suspicion of wrongdoing? Fine. But what President Trump proposed was killing family members. That is murdering innocent people without due process. If you think that's acceptable, then you have to admit that you only care about the Rule of Law when it suits your political ideology.

7. dandorotik

Oh, we all know he only cares about legality if it aligns with his political narrative. He'd say it's in the name of security- but if that's the case, then every time a white male goes on a rampage and kills dozens of people, we should lock up his family. No more protecting white people. That will send a message to any white guy out there who even thinks about going on a rampage. If you apply the "family" rule to Muslims, you should apply it to all.

8. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Your entire argument is based on political correctness. You brought up white people and then called me racist. Typical liberal way to argue. You think loony white guy shooting equates to a terrorist organization who are dead set on killing all infidels. This why you will continue to lose the war against terrorism. Your mindset belongs in a fantasy world where rainbow pops out of people's ass. This it the real world. No time to be politically correct.

d2outlet likes this.
  9. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Liberals still defending the religion of peace

Laughable

10. dandorotik

Then you educate me and tell me why we shouldn't go after the families of mass murderers who are non-Islamic. Because they have wiped out way more individuals than Islamic terrorists.

11. dandorotik

We take our lead from the current and former Republican Presidents.

12. fchowd0311

You're punching a strawman but I'll let it slide and ask...

What's your solution?

13. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

The lefties around here only care about virtue signaling. Not answers.

d2outlet, cml750 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I'll be fair and retract the 40% statement. That isn't fair to everyone that voted for Trump as I noted before (see Susie from Iowa statement). I am disgusted at the Deplorable Trump fans whatever percentage of the 40% they are. 5%, 10%, whatever they are... they are real and they are terrible for this country.

Let's not get in a Hillary argument please but it was clear in that statement she was stating that the Trump fans that feed on racism and xenophobia were deplorable.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.time...ary-clinton-basket-of-deplorables-transcript/

Yes it wasn't politically smart to use the verbiage (because we see what the Right did to weaponize it) and maybe Hillary is an elitist. However I'm perfectly capable of saying that Hillary sucks but I agree with the notion that yes... a portion of Trump fans are despicable. Hence the notion that some of them came on the DD today and used a horrible terrorist attack to go after Liberals as if they are the problem.

But no I don't snub my nose like a liberal elitist at everyone that voted for Trump. Nobody I know that is a liberal walks down the street and says derogatory things or snubs their nose about regular old, or young white people. I live in freaking Texas for crying loud. I'm surrounded and are friends with Trump voters all day every day. It's time to stop feeling so damn sorry for yourselves and take some accountability. Everyone is so angry all the time it's pathetic.

#94 dobro1229, May 23, 2017
    Last edited: May 23, 2017
  15. fchowd0311

Really? I think many liberal posters have posted more pragmatic solutions.

Playing the current game of 'wak a mole' for the past decade and a half obviously hasn't worked.

The end game solution is energy dependence to the point that nations like Saudi have no more leverage this we can economicly shun them untill they purge out their wahhabist loons.

The less dependent the world is on carbon based energy, the less influential the Saudis can be.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. dandorotik

The day you provide actual solutions, we'll listen to you.

17. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

...and right on point, they turn the discussion to protecting the environment.

clueless

no wonder you lose every election

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I agree with you that this would be good.

But you also need to be willing to lead the intellectual discourse and point out what's wrong with the ideology. I don't agree with those who say that will just alienate the moderates. If someone is alienated just because their ideology is questioned in any way, they were not moderate to begin with.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Not to be a hippie liberal Tree hugger or anything but actually the environment plays a pretty damn big part in all of this.

Go look up the history of the Arab Springs in The Middle East. That unrest and uprising had a lot to do with the cultural collision course that happened when farmers had to start moving to cities like Alleppo during the droughts of the past 15 years. Due to climate change.

It's not the entire cause of terrorism in the world but it should be noted that it has played a part and climate change (if things get worse as predicted) could cause more issues if it forcses massive amounts of people to move again.

20. hooroo

hooroo Member

cause and effect. gaddafi kept the extremists in libya in check. then kill happy hillary happened.