1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron "irked" about MVP candidates

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Os Trigonum, May 20, 2017.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

We talked about the Westbrook-Harden comparison to David Robinson and Hakeem. LeBron James turns out to be the real Hakeem in this story. All those other guys are David Robinsons.

tinman, fmp087, Tha_Dude and 9 others like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lebron is in his own tier. Guys like KD, Kawhi, and Curry aren't on his level. There's a very sizeable gap between him and Harden and Westbrook.

Lebron is in his 14th season and no one can reach his level of greatness...simply amazing

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lebron could be the Playoffs MVP.

Winning over Stats Padding and Quitting!

fmp087, Tha_Dude, arabrocket and 2 others like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

"My only job is to try to be the MVP for this team every night, put my teammates, put our franchise in position to be successful and ultimately compete for a championship. For me, I know what I bring to the table. This league knows what I bring to the table. That's for you guys to write about. It's not for me to be concerned about."

So is he irked or not? ;)

Yes, he is the MVP every year. Pop is the COY every year.

ak99999 and francis 4 prez like this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He really wasn't MVP though. He sat out how many games? His team does fine without him.

They really should have a Best player or Outstanding player award. He'd win that every year.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I don't think this is the same. I believe Lebron truly doesn't care about winning like Jordan didn't care about Malone winning, and maybe even Barkley winning.

Sounds like Lebron is irked about getting 4th, that's just way too much overthinking of media to argue over WB and Harden so felt compelled to get Kashi in the argument as a statement pick to use to make a louder vote for Harren or WB by making the other 3rd

7. Mr. Space City

that's the price you pay when you rest and play at like 70% during the regular season.

jevjnd, Patience, Tha_Dude and 3 others like this.
  8. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

exactly lol

we all know he's the true MVP by the literal definition of the award but he definitely was not worthy of a finalist appearance this year considering the seasons of the other 3

Tfor3 likes this.
  9. Juxtaposed Jolt

He played and started in 74/82 though. People are making it seem like he took half the season off, which he didn't.

ak99999 likes this.
  10. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

True, but how many of his DNPs were prime time matchups against elite teams and superstars?

He just didn't seem to GAF about proving anything down the stretch of the regular season, which is his prerogative. Postseason ball is what really matters, anyway.

That said, him b****ing about this announcement reeks of entitlement.

Tha_Dude and Houstunna like this.
  11. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Yup, Lebron is playing with the Eye of the Tiger right now. I think the Warriors don't know what they are about to face.

DMO (DJ remix) and ak99999 like this.
  12. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

He sat out 8 games and they went 0-8, not sure what you would consider not fine if 0-8 is fine

fmp087, DMO (DJ remix) and calurker like this.
  13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

This is it! All these media guys would vote for Lebron for MVP even if he played in half the games. He is the best player by far but he doesn't turn on the jets full blast until the playoffs so how the **** can he be regular season MVP? It's not a vote based on potential

14. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Maybe don't sit out a bunch of games and try to get the one seed in the sorry East if you want to be a serious MVP candidate.

francis 4 prez likes this.
  15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Post right above your states Cavs were 0-8 without LeBron this year. I didn't fact check this, and granted, 8 games isn't much of a sample size, but that's still pretty significant.

Not really sure what you mean by LeBron taking it easy, when he averaged 26.4p / 8.6r / 8.7a per game, for 74 of 82 games.

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

Why should a crappy conference be held against LeBron? It's not his fault his team is so much better than the East. If anything, that adds more to his "I should be MVP" campaign, because he only sat out 8 games, his team went 0-8 in those 8 games, and his team is 51-23 with him playing.

17. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Grizzlies fans are more irked he quit @FedEx.

18. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

LeBron is the MVP.

But you know what the difference between Harden and LeBron is? LeBron doesn't campaign for the award relentlessly. He lets his play do the talking. He's quiet about personal accolades.

Wish Harden could emulate that mindset.

DMO (DJ remix) likes this.
  19. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

on the one hand, lebron had great stats and his plus/minus shows that the team was still really good when he played. and obviously 0-8 when he didn't play. on the other hand, his general demeanor in the regular season, especially defensively, was pretty evident as leaking over to the rest of the cavs and contributing to a very subpar regular season. has it all been worth it? sure, they've flipped the switch perfectly and dominated.

but it's not fair to the rest of the field to have them play all out for 82 games, carry teams on their backs (i mean harden won 4 more games than lebron with obviously a much worse supporting cast), and then say "yeah, but lebron will be great for 2 months after the season." it's always been a regular season achievement. and not in a derogatory way. in way that celebrates a season full of dominance. there's a reason finals mvp's are considered such a big thing. because it's a completely separate thing and it's exactly what stepping up the in the playoffs is all about.