1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Journalism in 2017] "A person familiar with his thinking"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, May 20, 2017.

1. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

2. dmoneybangbang

So you are unable to gauge how someone you know well would react to situation without being telepathic?

Interesting......

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

There is so little for RocketLegends to be hopefully about... obviously a clumsy wording, I interpret it to mean "someone familiar with what Comey is thinking."

But carry on Trump supporters in your battle with the media, its working great so far.

4. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

7. cml750

cml750 Member

True journalism died a long time ago.

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

You think that is a good enough source to go to print with? You could be familiar with someone's thinking without ever meeting them.

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Not dead. Just less within the explosion of 24 hrs entertainment news and other media channels.

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Let's apply some common sense here. Comey is going to have a PUBLIC hearing soon in the Senate. This is well known.

CNN would have to be idiots to push this without some level of certainty to a claim that can be easily proven falsifiable in a few days.

I guess we'll have to wait for his testimony.

11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I thought both sides agreed that CNN are idiots.

12. fchowd0311

Ya. You're much smarter than them.

13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Nice burn. Usually you come with more than that.

14. fchowd0311

Dude, CNN is part of of a major brodcasting conglomerate. They are intelligent enough to have the most basic form of self preservation. Touting a news story as true that can be easily proven falsifiable in a few days is bad business and if I can figure that out, multi-million dollar CEOs can too.

15. dmoneybangbang

This isn't some new form of journalism..... If you want to assume that CNN, Reuters, the AP, etc. just make up BS or find someone who was Comey's secretary's, sister's roommate and use that then I don't know what I can do to convince you. Each organization has its own way of handling anonymous sources, I think in the age of blogs that gets missed where blogs are almost always unaccountable. For all we know this was Comey's father or a close colleague.

Have you ever considered there are so many leaks and anonymous sources since Trump's way of managing his administration is very combative? Have you considered that Trump's fitness is a serious question and people around him are worried?

16. fchowd0311

Seriously. I hate fox news but I'm not naive enough to believe that Fox News literally produces fake news sources to perpetuate their propaganda. That's just horrible buisness practice in terms of pragmatism and self preservation. They spin real news like CNN spins or like MSNBC spins.

Creating fake sources that can be easily verifiable in a few days is just silly and scenerio that I just can't see happening.

I also love how Trump apologists just discovered the concept of anonymous sources in journalism.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yup starting with fox news and then brietbart.

the alr right is grasping at straws as the criminal aka their savior they elected makes a fool out of himself.

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I only criticize the story being all about the anon sources when credible sources on record are saying the exact opposite or denying the stories.

Anon sources are fine if that is all you have, the problem is when the story doesn't give me a more specific or very credible reason to believe the source. The source is not anon to the writer so why not an anon source that was in the room, in the FBI, in anything.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well apparently Infowars and Beitbart may have been collaborators in the Russian fake news stories. They are seeing patterns that look like coordination between the Russian bots and these sites. It's in the Time article -- fascinating read.

The Trumpies don't care about anon sources - I mean, they don't need sources at all when it comes to saying they were running a pay to play scheme with the CGI despite there not being any kind of evidence whatsoever.

But despite Trump himself basically admitting to Obstruction Of Justice on national TV, people seem to think there is no evidence. Just goes to show you how irrational and crazy these people are. They bend everything - the ultimate distortion bubble. Debating them is the exercise of a fool.

20. dmoneybangbang

What credible sources? Seriously curious to see your point of view and line of thinking.