1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

She literally belongs in jail due to how incompetent she was when given a high office....is that not embarrassing.

2. dmoneybangbang

You said "she", but I think you mean "he" as that's the proper pronoun for a male.

The funny thing about Bobby is that the GOP had Congress for 4 years under Obama.... yet no special counsel by the GOP in regards to Hillary, just 7 Benghazi Committees and a FBI investigation. How many days did it take the mostly same GOP Congress to call for a special counsel for Trump.

Invisible Fan and Yung-T like this.
  3. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

OK, so I present several specific examples that illustrate how Hillary Clinton has a very favorable rating worldwide, and a favorable rating by Americans for the large majority of her public life... and it boils down to YOU thinking that she is a national embarrassment.

She made a mistake. Everyone admits that. Republicans acknowledge it. Democrats acknowledge it. Most importantly, Hillary Clinton acknowledges it. The American public acknowledges it. The majority of Americans don't see it the way you do. You have every right to consider her the way you do. I'm just illustrating that it's not how most people view her.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You pointing to those polls don't change the facts and the facts say that she was criminally incompetent when trusted with public office....something you can't say about Trump as of now. No number of knuckle draggers that still think she's awesome (who are honestly pretty embarrassing themselves) will change that.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Cause the former first lady is blue collar?

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

media conspiracy

7. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Compared to trump? Yes. Trump is literally the exact opposite of blue collar. Literally. 100% exact opposite. A walking caricature of obscene wealth and austentaciouness. There are gold plated toilets more blue collar than him.

Deckard likes this.
  8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Maybe Donnie is a secret trannie? He has seen it all before.

9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Bob, there is a job of the Daily Show waiting for you. You are the King of Satire. You have the whole deadpan thing down pat. You are going to be a star. I'll be telling all of my friends that I knew you way back when before you were famous!

CometsWin likes this.
  10. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

The filthy community organizer did everything that Mr Trump is accused of. Let that simmered a bit.

11. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If this is true why didn't the Republican controlled Congress appoint a special prosecutor to investigate him? Or were they just in the bag for Obama?

Were you dropped on your head as a baby?

KingCheetah likes this.
  12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Trump is male.

Anticope and el gnomo like this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, and you failed to follow along in conversation didn't you? Perhaps go back and try again.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

No, you try... again, and again, and again.

London'sBurning and el gnomo like this.
  15. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

The tide is coming in...

Russia probe reaches current White House official, people familiar with the case say
    By Devlin Barrett and Matt Zapotosky May 19 at 3:02 PM

The law enforcement investigation into possible coordination between Russia and the Trump campaign has identified a current White House official as a significant person of interest, showing that the probe is reaching into the highest levels of government, according to people familiar with the matter.

The senior White House adviser under scrutiny by investigators is someone close to the president, according to these people, who would not further identify the official.

The revelation comes as the investigation also appears to be entering a more overtly active phase, with investigators shifting from work that has remained largely hidden from the public to conducting interviews and using a grand jury to issue subpoenas. The intensity of the probe is expected to accelerate in the coming weeks, the people said.

The sources emphasized that investigators remain keenly interested in people who previously wielded influence in the Trump campaign and administration but are no longer part of it, including former national security adviser Michael Flynn and former campaign chairman Paul Manafort.

Flynn resigned in February after disclosures that he had lied to administration officials about his contacts with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak. Current administration officials who have acknowledged contacts with Russian officials include President Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, as well as Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson.

People familiar with the investigation said the intensifying effort does not mean criminal charges are near, or that any such charges will result. Earlier this week, Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein appointed former FBI director Robert S. Mueller III to serve as special counsel and lead the investigation into Russian meddling.

It is unclear exactly how Mueller’s leadership will affect the direction of the probe, and he is already bringing in new people to work on the team. Those familiar with the case said its significance had increased before Mueller’s appointment.

read the rest at the link...

London'sBurning likes this.
  16. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

We will see where this all leads when it is all done.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Don't wanna turn this into why she lost
    However one of her biggest negatives is people feel she is just trying to add to the Clinton legacy and doesn't stand for anything

It's not about where Trump comes from, those voters just trust him more. Part of that is his bombastic rhetoric

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Clinton's carelessness in her handling of sensitive emails does not make her an "embarrassment" in my view, but I suppose BobbyTheGreat is just saying he and like-minded Americans would be embarrassed to have such a person elected to POTUS. I don't see much point in arguing with someone over what they should be embarrassed by.

In terms of how the world at large views Americans and their political system, they generally think we are crazy to have elected Trump over Clinton. That's just a fact. So if our pride vs embarrassment is dependent on global image, and not just our self-opinion, it is rather strange to think Clinton and Trump are comparable as "national embarrassments."

But some people don't give a damn what people in other countries, even our allies, think. Shrug.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  19. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I anticipate a bunch of similar sentences in the next few months/years....

The senior White House adviser under scrutiny by investigators is someone close to the president, according to these people, who would not further identify the official.

Unknown person under scrutiny according to unknown person.

cml750 likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

"Don't want to turns this into why she lost"... and then you do just that.

But if this was all about how much Americans trusted Trump more that Hillary... I wonder what Americans would say now? I think the latest I've read on Trump and trust is something around 55% of American's do not trust Trump. I suspect that percentage will only continue to rise.