1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Morey eyeing Gordon Hayward next summer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Milby Buff

Milby Buff Member

I agree. I would live, work, play and raise my family in SLC, Utah for 200 mil...

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I think his choices, in order of likelihood, are as follows.
    1. Utah (Incumbent)
    2a. Indy (Hometown) or 2b. Boston (Brad Stevens)
    3. Houston (Best team in the world)

3. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

After this devastating loss, Hayward should be our target this summer. He can create his own shot, defend, and shoot the 3. Ariza off the bench for his last year on contract is the way to go.

Harden & Hayward, that would be an awesome combination.

Although he'll be tough to pry (#Stayward), we should go all in

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I still think Blake Griffin is a better fit than Hayward. I don't see Hayward leaving Utah too. What I fear is, Trevor ariza is getting old. Trevor has been amazing in his ability to stay healthy, but without him this team lacks a dimension. You almost have to go after Hayward to stop the impending loss of ariza.

5. threepointshot3

Frget this guy because it is not happening. What we need is a interior defender who can also be a threat on offense. PAUL MILLSAP. He is a big who can score in the post or step out and hit the 3 ball. He is also a terrific post defender.

Mathloom likes this.
  6. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

True, i forget that we really need someone to replace Anderson as well. Anderson is the David Blaine of disappearing acts

7. Huricane

Huricane Contributing Member

Gordon probably does not leave Utah since they can offer him significantly more money.
    I would love Gordon on the Rockets and feel that Gordon on the team, the Rockets would only be a half step behind Golden State.

With that said, if Gordon leaves, it is probably for Boston.
    Boston has a much better and younger team than Utah.
    They will only get better since they have a top three pick this year (via Brooklyn) and have a host of picks in the next few years.
    They are under the cap and can sign Gordon outright without having to trade anyone or go through a bunch of salary cap acrobatics.
    Gordon's college coach is Boston's head coach and Gordon has a good relationship with him.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  8. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Hell no. Hayward is one of my favorite player.
    Don't want him to play for Les and Morey.

9. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

The GTFO off of this site.

10. Zergling

Zergling Member

Morey is going to have to make some big decisions with Ariza, Gordon, Williams, and Anderson. We need to free up space to get a guy like Hayward.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The saga continues......

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Millsap is another amazing pick up if they could get him. A bit on the older side, but worth it.

13. threepointshot3

We are on win mode now mode. Harden is 28, Ariza is 31 and Beverley aint getting any younger.

14. threepointshot3

QUOTE="Zergling, post: 11098527, member: 46691"]Morey is going to have to make some big decisions with Ariza, Gordon, Williams, and Anderson. We need to free up space to get a guy like Hayward.[/QUOTE]
    Williams and Gordon cancel eachother out. Never was good fit to begin with plus it is no coincidence once Lou came Erics productivity dipped. Lou due to his attractive contract is gone.He is on 7 million and has a expiring deal.

15. Pizza_Da_Hut

I wouldn't be shocked if Ariza was dealt. Love him, love the fit, but I fear a down year from him.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  16. threepointshot3

Ariza and Williams together can net you a very good player in return. Difference maker type player.I would entertain an Ariza/Lou deal for say Griffin

17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Blake is a free agent.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. lionaire

lionaire Member

Not exactly. Their two best players, IT and Horford are 28 and 30, respectively. I do believe Boston has a better team though. Not to mention the fact that they're coached by his former college coach.

20. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Guys, forget Hayward. It's going to be Gallo. He'll be cheaper and D'Antoni loves him.