1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

That's it then? The BBS hates Harden now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by srrm, May 13, 2017.

?

Are you done with Harden?

1. Yes, I'm done with Harden

48 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. No, not yet, there's still some future there

80 vote(s)
    49.4%
  3. No, I'

34 vote(s)
    21.0%
  1. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Hate him? No. There is talent in there. Why it seems to dissapear sometmes is what scares me. Could he be mentally weak? Could he be far more susceptible to good defense shutting him down? Did he quit? Does he party too hard and is going to do another Vin Baker in which we can expect rapid decline startIng in a year or two

Orrrrr

Is it simply the first year and we need more time and pieces
    Is Dantoni pops personal whipping boy
    Did harden run out of gas

I think what sucks is the irrational side of a lot of people realize there are many more questions than answers. We log in hoping there is a smoking gun as to why our MVP and Team came out like a cow biscuit covered in flies in an elimination game

Pen15clubber and kjayp like this.
  2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Not done, still has a lot of talent.

Not sure why he decided to start playing in slow motion and start walking around.

If we can trade him for another star though, you do it

Pen15clubber and kjayp like this.
  3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

1) Harden's not getting traded
    2) Not finding a star better than Harden who's available
    3) Harden's not getting traded

4. Zergling

Zergling Member

So you're really not going to edit that last poll option? I find that extremely agitating

Pen15clubber likes this.
  5. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

no he's not gonna edit the last poll option, but I

Pen15clubber, Zergling and J Sizzle like this.
  6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Not this year, but if he spends another year walking around the court, things may move that way.

7. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Jsizzle. You and i are two of the last harden supporters here. He sucked game 6 but hes not worth giving up on...

Pen15clubber likes this.
  8. Daddy Long Legs

So you agree he deserves at least another year?

We know he can play. He balled out all season, most of 1st round and most of 2nd round. He can kickass without drawing fouls, hes proven that.

The talent is there, you cant teach talent. People can mature mentally. Our smartest decision is to invest in him and hope he matures mentally

9. farr3l

farr3l Member

Damn near.

J Sizzle and kjayp like this.
  10. Badrose

Badrose Member

I don't hate, but I'm done with him unless he can prove us wrong. I like players with heart, pride and dedication and he has none, no matter if his regular season stats are superbe, no matter if we can win a title or not. I want players fighting every single game, players training every day instead of spending time in some strip clubs.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I said that Harden was unproven at the beginning of the season. People flamed me, saying that Harden had already proven to be an MVP level player. Now one more season is gone. Harden is still unproven in my opinion.

Jake Tower likes this.
  12. Daddy Long Legs

No matter if he can win a title or not????

Lol im with you up until that point. I love harden. I think hes a cool person and empathize with him because im a lefy handed, mentally rattled, awkward dude too. But if he can win a title then we will all eat crow.

James harden is our best bet guys. Lets get a no. 2 guy and compete for a championship next year!!!

Harden is a generational player. Hes top 5. He **** the bed in game 6 but hes a baller. Lets ride or die wit him! I got his jersey and poster in my room. He made it further than westbrook, dame, and countless other dudes. Lets keep it in perspective. 1 game doesnt define a career

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  13. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I'm past it. He played terrible, no doubt about it. So did pretty much everyone else. Yes it was his worst game of the playoffs. Yes it was an elimination game, but as a Houston Rocket Harden averages 26 points per game in elimination games. John Wall, that guy everyone says they wish Harden was like, scored 26 points last night in an elimination game. That's what Harden AVERAGES in those types of games.

Everyone needs to get a grip He's one of the best players in the league, and he is on our side. He played his tail off the entire season in a new position.

Hell, the team under-performed last season and Harden came into this season better than ever. There is no reason to believe he won't do the same next season.

Pen15clubber and Hakeemtheking like this.
  14. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

I'm done with Harden, I'm waiting for news to break that something else was wrong with him besides a hangover. If not, I will spend the rest of his career rooting for him to fail. And I thought McGrady was a villain...

15. Badrose

Badrose Member

Beside the fact that James Harden is the only top player who saw his stats decresed in the playoffs, have you ever seen any of the so called superstar failing as much as James Harden during the post season? (not only this year, every year). Have you ever seen any superstar literally quitting games during the playoffs? This is the point. Cavs or Warriors fans doesn't have to worry about how many bad pass, turnovers or stupid shots LBJ or Curry will do. We have to, every game, this is always our main problem.

So yes, let's give him a no. 2 guy, but I'm done with Harden anyway, at least I'm done considering him a superstar, the one I love, the one I want a bubblehead or a t-shirt.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

by rooting for Harden to fail, you're rooting for the Rockets to fail

good job...

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He does not have it All. He is not All That. Interesting.

18. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Rather lose than root for this loser on my team, but you wouldn't understand that since you're probably a POS loser just like him. Now, if it comes out that he played with a concussion and such, then I will take a step back and be more pissed at the team doctors than Harden himself. But, if this was indeed a pout game of some sort, you can go F yourself along with him.

Tomstro likes this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

the only POS loser is u, you're not a Rockets fan, you're a joke...FOH clown

no, I wouldn't understand rooting for the Rockets to fail like u...fake fans like u say the dumbest sh*t

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Harden truly is the greatest basketball talent to walk the earth. 29/11/8, MVP caliber season, got the 3 seed in the West, made the 2nd round, all while just walking around the whole time. I don't know how he does it. Incredible.

He ain't getting traded unless he demands a trade, which, at this point, he probably should since that's apparently what the whole fanbase wants.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.