1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sam Amick on Lowe Post: Harden beaten by the flu?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, May 13, 2017.

1. T for 3

T for 3 Member

ya, I hear you.

I think the most realistic theory is that something went down in the locker room after game 5. We all know James has a habit of barking at guys when he is the one who needs to be barked at. It wouldn't surprise me at all if someone (or multiple guys) let him have it after the game 5 collapse.

Then, after that, we know how sensitive these superstars are. What do you think?

sushimaster likes this.
  2. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

They could have used this 'excuse' as an alibi if Harden didn't go out right after the game and party hard

3. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

That's unfortunate for you because there was some interesting parts of that pod like the battle the team was having with James for early game rest. I'm going to suggest your attention span has suffered more than the quality of the Lowe Post podcast has. If there are significantly better podcasts about the nuts and bolts of the NBA, I would love to hear them. Most NBA pods are of the hot take variety which tends to be about as informative as arguing NBA with the drunk guy at the bar sitting next to you.

ferrari77 and dmoneybangbang like this.
  4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

He got asked in the postgame interview if he was injured or not feeling well or anything... he said he was fine... straight from the horse's mouth...

let's stop the excuses...

5. kjayp

imo... he was pissed for getting criticized for playing hero ball at the end of game 5... so figured 'fk all y'all - I aint shooting then...'

If someone has a better reason for 2 shots and 0 rebounds for the entire first half - I'm all ears...

The only reason james has given for not taking a single shot through the first quarter and half was "...couldnt get in a rhythm..."

6. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Those that mind don't matter. And those that matter don't mind.

Houstunna likes this.
  7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Kawhi conspiracy

Deserves it's own thread

8. malakas

malakas Member

For the latest I only liked his JVG. When he has quests like Arnowitz and Amick I feel they like more hearing themselves talking and the sound of their voice than giving actual info.
    Yes Dunc'd on is significantly better podcast imo. Only basketball not crap like how Arnowitz likes yoga or I don't even remember what out of topic crap thing Amick was talking about because I tuned him off.

9. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

IDK, I went back and rewatched the end of game 5 and OT, he was still driving to the basket and there was 1 play at the end of OT that he didn't even handle the ball, Gordon turned it over. There was a drive and kick to Andersen for 3 by James with under a minute left. Not sure if he deserve as much heat for the end of OT, changing my tune after watching it again without the emotion of the moment. Game 6 I do believe he went into shut down, Ima pass it to show you mode.

10. kjayp

I view the end of game 5 as he tried to do too much and struggled... was it 3 to's in OT? I'm not happy about it, but I can live with that - its a teachable moment... the part that really got me was MDA's comments about the game... "We kicked it away..." ... so gonna throw Gordon under the bus for his 1 turnover but not say boo about james' 3 to's and chuckin'.... lol... MDA is an asshat....

game 6... no excuses - that was straight up quit from the git go - which is inexcusible...

J Sizzle likes this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree, it was absolutely unbelievable...i mean, one thing is to choke a game playing bad like he did in game 2, but the last game it's like he wasn't even on the court, he was like a dead man...i don't really know what to think tbh...but it was soo weird...

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You really out to let this go.

Jeez, all you guys who believe he deliberately threw the game. It's like you just watched "The Longest Yard" before posting.

Jayzers_100 and J Sizzle like this.
  13. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

If Harden had the flu then 100% that would've impacted his game..we've all had the flu before and know that your body/mind is weak even during recovery..HOWEVER Harden along with the Rox organization never said he was recovering from the flu..just a cold

14. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Edited.

#34 Torn n Frayed, May 13, 2017
    Last edited: May 13, 2017
    dwhite likes this.
  15. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

So many god-damn excuses. Yea, he had the flu. That's why instead of resting he chose to party the previous and next night.

16. kjayp

deleted

#36 kjayp, May 13, 2017
    Last edited: May 13, 2017
  17. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

My bad bro, wasn't trying to mislead or quote, I had something I cut out and didn't do it correctly. My bad, fixed..

Houstunna and kjayp like this.
  18. kjayp

No worries, man! Just didnt want my bad attitude associated with a reasonable quote/response - lol! ;)

pahiyas, Houstunna and Torn n Frayed like this.
  19. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I think Harden STILL needs more professional / MATURE preparation than what he's doing. He has to not be so aloof in doing "his" thing. Whether its childish non-disclosure of ailments, partying, off-court interests, he needs to give up all the little quirks and distracting activities when its time for businesz. It might or might not help his performance, but it at LEAST surely helps his IMAGE and respectibility.

*Cool Story, Bro.* I once caught a bad fast attacking flu right before the biggest track race I'd ever done. I didnt tell anyone, and ran anyway. I came in DEAD last, I got laughed at. I didnt think my performance would suffer SO badly. My coach TORE into me, calling that "pathetic effort" like I quit. I still didnt tell him, cuz I thought thatd be "making excuses" and just took it ...

It was irresponsible of ME to do that, even though it was "gutting it out". It made ME look bad, though I was doing what I thought I should be doing. I should have told my coaches and not run. Relating it to BASKETBALL: It'd help them manage my minutes, be a decoy, or come up with other strategies. If Harden just showed up with subpar health, its still on him to not let it drag down the team or his own performance (IF it was even an illness)

kjayp likes this.
  20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

So this was Harden's Flu Game, comparable to MJ's Flu Game.

BTW, flu is Theory #56.