1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Kawhi Leonard and his ever-changing pivot foot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 30, 2017.

1. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Whether or not Clutch is busy or not isn't up for debate, I'm sure he is, but that doesn't refute my point. A 2 minute video with a few examples of Kawhi committing traveling violations doesn't prove Kawhi is a habitual violator of the ruler nor does it prove he commits more traveling violations than the average NBA player or Star.

I don't know if Kawhi does or doesn't commit these violations more than Harden or the average nba player, but I do know one can easily find a handful of video evidence of traveling violations committed by most if not any NBA star. Just because a few of such anecdotal examples exist, doesn't then make them evidence of as you called it "peccadilloes" or that he does it "frequently."

Hell judging Harden by the infamous Harden video by itself would have been unfair without actually looking at the totality of his defensive effort throughout that season to see if the limited (even if 10 minutes) and yes egregious examples backed up the reality.

Anecdotal evidence of traveling/bad defense/hero shots etc, such as a few embarassing video clips, a few bad plays and a few horrible results are easily compiled for most if not all nba stars; it is then quite a leap to then call those stars, frequent or habitual travelers, bad defenders or constantly taking hero shots based solely on those few examples.

2. knits stekcor

knits stekcor Member

Not trying to be a hater, but if you look hard enough, you could make a video of our own stars doing the same thing.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  3. marky :)

marky :) Member

Blasphemy! Especially coming from a 99'er.

Paging @tinman

Pen15clubber, BigMaloe and slothy420 like this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dream moves too quickly I don't see anything

5. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Ariza shuts him down many times.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's not a travel. When he picks up his dribble he has right foot already established as his pivot. He isn't lifting it up - he's jumping off of it to take a shot. You are allowed to jump without it being a travel so long as you release the ball.

Kwaii is not doing that - he's shuffling his feet and in the first two clips - they are clearly a travel. The later ones looked ok to me though.

But yeah, lots of players travel - it's just too hard for refs to catch all the time.

heypartner likes this.
  7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Just a heads up that I know this got a lot of attention behind the scenes. Not that I think anything will change, but you may see more attention brought to this.

Deuce, Easy, Pen15clubber and 9 others like this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Le$ presenting @Clutch's Kawhi traveling video, in gif form, on his blackberry, to the ref early in the first quarter, during the run of play confirmation.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Clutch delivers

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#109 heypartner, May 5, 2017
    Last edited: May 5, 2017
    D-rock, Vivi, J Sizzle and 4 others like this.
  10. MystikArkitect

Boom goes the dynamite.

Deuce, D-rock, Pen15clubber and 4 others like this.
  11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

BigMaloe and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Man that bballbreakdown video is almost normalizing that egregious traveling. It's not nitpicking,That crap is bad.

J Sizzle likes this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Kawhi's traveling is getting some attention behind the scenes?

Clutchfans making an impact once again...1st the Harden defense video, now the Kawhi footwork video

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'll believe the refs come down on Kawhi when I see it, but it's impossible to watch Kawhi and not A) be amazed by how good he is and B) still notice an egregious amount of illegal footwork.

D-rock, Pen15clubber and BigMaloe like this.
  15. MystikArkitect

It really does sound like "Yeah he does it but so do other people and if they were as famous as Kawhi they'd get called out too"

Vs

"Harden is breaking the rules and this must be fixed and he be banished!!"

And not

"Yeah the hack a Dwight/Capela sucks but like you gotta hit yer free throws bud."

Or

"Draymond taunts every play and should be whistled for 10 technicals a game but he reminds us of Donkey from Shrek and frankly we just don't have it in us."

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder what this even means? Has he been doing it this series?

17. heypartner

Yes, and the MEM series. Watch the bballbreakdown vid. I assume Clutch got the headsup on that. Forward to when he talks to Ref Nunn. They are focusing on the playoffs.

It's a bad habit of his. He'll continue doing it.

BigMaloe likes this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

media conspiracy

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

If they give us that Harden three free throw deal, Kawhi can have his extra steps.

20. heypartner

Not sure I'd make that trade. It's been demonstrated in Clutch's video that he has multiple game-winners doing this. Have we ever seen Harden (or anyone in the league, for that matter) win a game at the FT line shooting three attempts.