1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Rangers @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 1, 2017.

1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Dude

[​IMG]

T for 3 likes this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

Oh, indeed.

3. T for 3

T for 3 Member

my bad....unacceptable.

4. Major

Major Member

You still are, apparently.

Yes, fraud. When you can only "get to your keyboard" after things go wrong - conveniently, always within minutes of things going wrong - you're a total fraud. Everyone hates people like you - there's even a term for it in the NFL: Monday Morning Quarterbacking. People that want everyone to think they are smarter than the coach by 2nd guessing every decision that didn't work, but always after the fact. That's the very definition of you.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

Thank you for the validation.

Lots of reporters ask lots of dumbass questions in just about every post-game Q&A I like how Popovich handles them.

tellitlikeitis likes this.
  6. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Dude you're
    Quit spitting on me. You are far too angry...or something. Settle down and try again.

7. T for 3

T for 3 Member

oh that. ya he could have asked it better, but I understood what he meant, some of our guys have been waving uncharacteristically at breaking pitches. I approve of hinch's response too. He texted me asking if it was ok if he quipped at reporters after the game, and I said go for it...

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

Well, damn, you *have* to finish this sentence now! (or are we playing Mad Libs?)

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The translator must have broke on that phrase...

10. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Still wrong. Every post.

Nick, you bring nothing to this forum.

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

You get a pass after that flogging that Major just delivered to you...you're obviously shaken (again).

If you want to stick this go around, you should take a look back at all 300 of your posts since the game ended... and do the opposite.

You keep harping about "talking baseball"... when that is the very issue that people have always had with you. When you finally decide to post, its retrospection at its finest (or worst)... and it's not just one concise observation, it's post after post after post.

It shouldn't take this long to get that.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  12. the shark

the shark Member

Listen, I get it, you're a passionate fan who loves the 'Stros, and it's frustrating to watch them lose. However as it was pointed out it's a long season and they're going to lose 50 games guaranteed. Every single team in MLB has issues right now, and in the early part of the season (before the trade deadline) it's the Mgrs role (along with the GM) to see what they have, strengths and weaknesses, and then hopefully try to address them (if they can).

The Cubs (world champs) are 16-12, the team they played (CLE) are 15-12. The Mets are 12-15, the Dodgers are 15-14, the Giants are 11-18, and the Cards 13-14, so as you can see even the best projected teams have issues they're trying to work through. It's about the big picture, and if we want to seriously contend for a WS Hinch can't throw Devo in every game or he's not going to be effective at the end of the season. It's one thing to say how you would have handled a certain situation if you were the Mgr (this is a fan site and there are different paths to be taken to where we all want to go), but to call Hinch a dumbass or stupid for some of the decisions he makes is taking it too far. Last I checked the guy graduated from Stanford so "dumbass" and "stupid" he isn't. One might not agree with his decision(s), but I'm positive he weighed the positives and negatives of every decision he's made. At the end of the day Hinch (or any Mgr) can only do SO much. The players have to execute.

I think speaking in a forum like this things can get misconstrued at times (like in an email or a text). I think everyone needs to be reminded to be respectful of other posters thoughts. I like that there's differing viewpoints and ideas. I don't know why I'm sharing this right now but I'm going to. The last yr and a half has been hell for me. My mother has cancer and the last yr and a half I've spent most of my time up at MD Anderson. On top of that my dad got real sick last summer, and he passed away in October. I bring this up because I don't have the time to hang out with friends like I use to and talk Astros or Rockets or Texans like I use to. Especially Astros as it's a daily thing given they play practically every day.

So coming on Clutchfans I can talk Astros, and be able to see/learn a bunch of stuff I don't have the time to do anymore like I use to. A guy like tellitlikeitis sharing all the minor league stuff, all the tweets that are out there that are posted, guys like joe joe and sealclubber and Buck and major and juicy and bobrek and nick and conquistador and houstunna and kaleidosky and awc and jim and xrunner and yaos3rd and COUNTLESS others (and if I left your name off my apologies) who share their thoughts and stats about any and everything.......man for a guy who's sitting in a hospital room watching his dad die right in front of him on a daily basis orin a waiting room at MD while my is being operated on for the umpteenth time this info/thoughts/ideas is freakin PRICELESS to me. It's as if I'm sitting at the bar hanging with my friends talking 'Stros and it brings me a small bit of pleasure when everything else around me is maddening.

So I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on here. We might not all agree on every topic, but let's not forget the one thing that we all do share is our LOVE and PASSION for the Astros.

That said we have DK going today....

13. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

Well, things sure did escalate there.

It's like we didn't just take 3 of 4 from our hated rivals

Pen15clubber likes this.
  14. toycannon

toycannon Member

We still have the best record in the AL.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  15. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Marvin as of now is MVP for the Astros. You would want to capitalize on having one of the hottest batter for the Stros. If he gets back from earth, you send him back to his position in the batting order. Altuve started as a leadoff guy until he started becoming Mr. Astros. What we really need is starting pitching.

16. mick fry

mick fry Member

17. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I forcefully reject your apology, sir! Not only should I have been mentioned but I would have preferred it be phrased as such: "guys like Hey Now! and then a bunch of poor man Hey Now!s like joe joe and sealclubber and Buck and major and juicy and bobrek and nick and conquistador and houstunna and kaleidosky and awc and jim and xrunner and yaos3rd and COUNTLESS others (and if I left your name off my apologies) who share their thoughts and stats about any and everything.............."

(Seriously, sorry to hear about your dad; my dad passed away two years ago October. And I hope your mom has the strength to kick the ever-living **** out of cancer. I'm sure your constant attention eases some of her pain. Good luck to her and your family.)

#1097 Hey Now!, May 5, 2017
    Last edited: May 5, 2017
  18. Buck Turgidson

If you had told me in March that after 29 games Altuve would have the same WAR as Marwin, Correa the same as McCann and Springer the same as Aoki, I would have told you that the team must be sucking.

the shark and Pen15clubber like this.
  19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Let's not lose sight of the fact that on April 25, Marwin was hitting .143 with an OPS of .637. One really good week does not make him MVP of the team. There has been no reason to move him up in the lineup prior to the Rangers series.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  20. Major

Major Member

The problem with this is that it's reactive. If you move Marwin up AFTER he hits well, then down when he stops, you're going to have him in the cleanup spot for the bad at-bats and down in the bottom of the order for the good at-bats. It's like buying high and selling low - you always end up running out the lineup that would have been great a week ago, but not what's great today. We know Marwin's going to cool off - probably really soon - so moving him based on 4 days of performance is probably going to backfire.

Beyond that, part of our immense success early is that the bottom of our lineup has been lethal. You don't get any innings off as a pitcher and that wears on teams mentally. Moving people up might get them an extra at-bat every 3 or 4 games, but it creates weakness in a chunk of the lineup that gives pitchers an opportunity to relax.

kaleidosky likes this.