1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016-17] Dwight Howard as an Atlanta Hawk

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 1, 2016.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Sounds about right. Dwight is irrelevant now-a-days and if he isn't willing to adapt himself to the current NBA he plays in then he might as well retire already.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  2. malakas

malakas Member

if he's healthy I think there will be a team that will give a late first rounder. A poll doen't mean much because it only takes one. And there are some teams and GMs who should be interested. i.e Indiana , Charlotte. All that provided he's healthy.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ironic your username is rocketstruth considering you haven't posted anyrhing true in this thread

4. the shark

the shark Member

"Haven't posted anything true in this thread"? Aren't you the one that keeps claiming that Dwight is a "star"?

RudyTBag likes this.
  5. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Does this mean Dwight's #12 again?

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Dwight hasn't really been a "trade target" since he left Orlando. Even that trade haul was so-so. Mostly because Dwight Howard is a player that you take if you can simply add him to your team, but you are not making more sacrifices and taking huge RISKS to get him.

Even the Rockets didn't really take a risk to get him. If Dwight was a free agent again this Summer there would be a team that would ultimately sign him. But nobody is trying to move assets and make talent sacrifices for him especially now.

I think he could still have a decent year in ATL next year but he's gotta lose some weight and he's gotta shut up and say I'm now crossing over to the veteran role player mode he's needed to get to for some time. The Hawks really have bigger issues on their roster than Dwight but they can't have him being a distraction in the locker room while they figure everything out.

But for the revisionist historians ... Dwight was very good for the Rockets the first two years. That first year we should have gone to the WCF at the very least. If Morey could go back I'm sure he'd make mid season trades to bolster that team up with a few more veterans.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Dwight is a star, if he is no longer one right now then he WAS a star as recently as 2 years ago. Are you saying Dwight has never been seen as a superstar his entire career? Get outta here.

The fact that you are defending somebody who said Clint Capela in his rookie year would have gotten Dwight's 16 pts and 14 rebs average in the playoffs speaks volumes about you.

8. HRox832

HRox832 Member

Dwight may be a drama queen, but I appreciate what he did for the Houston community and his performance in the 2014 & 2015 playoffs. He was a disappointment in the 15/16 season, but I liked him a lot in his first two years on the Rockets.

HTX Ninja likes this.
  9. the shark

the shark Member

I stated Dwight is no longer a "star". Did I ever say he wasn't? You seem to think he still is.

10. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Nene>>>>>>>>>>>Dwight Coward. SAS hits the nail right on the head Dwight is way to muscle bound to be playing in todays game.

11. thedude077

thedude077 Member

You're still one of those fans who think about him of the "what if", or "if". GTFO, Dwight Howard sucks. He has a 125 million contract, he should be dominating. But he sucks.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  12. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Confessions of an NBA Drama Queen. We know "winning" is not his primary concern. Maybe, the coach would run more plays for him, if he expanded his offense (P&R, shooting range, and post moves). Look what it did for Paul Milsapp, who has expanded his game, exponentially in Atlanta. Five or ten years ago, you would've been run out of the league, letting Milsapp shoot 3s, but it's been a go to weapon for the Hawks.

13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He looked done out there. He was a great player at one point, but now he can barely move.

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Putting up 13-12 shows that he still has obvious physical talent.

It's between the ears with him. If you can't get along with freaking Steve Nash, something is wrong.

It begins and ends with his willingness to run hard pick and rolls. He doesn't sprint from rim to rim like SVG got him too in Orlando periodically.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

If howard ever accepts that the way he wants to play isn't ideal for today's league, he could extend his career as far as being effective but if he continues this way hes just going to go through the same thing year after year. Start games, have some good ones here and there but when it comes down to it the minutes will be very inconsistent and struggles with be there with it. then the pouting and frustration comes into play and all else after that

RudyTBag likes this.
  16. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Welcome to Cleveland Dwight

17. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Next year if his value drops

18. threepointshot3

If only he had the mental fortitude to accept being a pick and roll player and not be pouting and embrace his new role he would be on a team on it's way to be a possible WCF show down with the Warriors.I wonder how he is feeling watching this team play right now

19. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

Any sensible person would know that if you are serious about winning a championship in the tail end of your career, you would've taken a massive paycut and signed with Cleveland or Golden State. But because you are obsessed with people's perception of you, you wanted to "come home". No one in their right mind would sign with Atlanta if they had serious aspirations to contend. Hell, Horford bolted out of there and Millsap is going to leave too.

This dude's desire to win a ring is not because he wants to be great, but because he could get some respect from the likes of the critics, like Barkley and Shaq.

20. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Man, and there's still fans saying the "if"? LOL Stop it with the "If"! There is no such thing as "If only he could if done of this" STFU already. He is what he is, he is a mental midget and he sucks. He is just a drama queen, money chasing, A** hole. If I read one more post saying "If only he could of ____"
    I'm going to lose it..