1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Indians

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Apr 25, 2017.

1. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Lmao....

2. T for 3

T for 3 Member

can i blame hinch even though i called for tuve to run?? so many opportunities....

3. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

rough game. Some of the luck from the comebacks coming back around on the other side. It happens. Let's remember that we had zero CFs playing all series, and missing 2 of our best 3 hitters for a lot of it

Not as concerned w/the losses as Correa's hitting. Need him to find his way out of the funk, whatever it takes. And of course Altuve and Springer back to health.

4. AUstrofan

AUstrofan Member

Stranded a lot of base runners tonight. Decent series with all the guys out, but that sucks.

5. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

Correa needs to step it up with RISP, and hitting overall. On bright side team had chances to win with lineup out of sorts. Come home and beat up As and more importantly, get lineup together to beat the South Oklahoma Rangers.

6. Buck Turgidson

Just tonight?

I don't know whose call it was to steal, but it wasn't terrible. He got a good jump, unfortunately the pitch was so bad it basically functioned as a pitch out, Gomes was up and ready to throw when he caught it. Nothing you can do.

We also have no idea how they would have pitched Reddick or Beltran had Altuve not run, or been safe at 2nd. Bobrek can confirm this.

kaleidosky likes this.
  7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Injuries are the difference right now. This is why our "turn around" last season was fool's gold. Astros were mostly healthy and still sucked to begin the season, then when injuries hit we had no margin for error. We've built credit this season, but injuries can't be crap and still expect to win games at a high clip.

8. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Really stupid to run there. Especially considering how inept Altuve is on the bases. I knew if he attempted, he would get thrown out. This should've been a sweep. Or at least we shoulda tied it up in the 9th but the stupid effing steal attempt killed us. Also killing us was Correa continuing to suck horribly. Let this be it for Fiers, we all know he is a liability. We knew it before this game.

Yeah we have an injury or 2 but what a wasted opportunity on the road. I am happy with the season but we still play dumb. We still manage dumb.

9. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Farts. You can't win them all. But this is the kind of game you look at when you are in a race in September and know you could have stolen one. You have Forrest Gump pitching a 2 run game against Kluber and couldn't win it despite 11 hits. This is the kind of game you assume is a loss that you could have stolen.

Our offense though. When the hell will it wake up. Us and the Orioles are the only two teams leading the division that has scored less than 100 runs for the season.

10. kaleidosky

He was 7 for 7 coming into the game (plus all the stuff @Buck Turgidson said). But sure

He's definitely not a top 3 SP on a team. I don't think he's a bad 6th SP (I assume McHugh replaces him whenever he comes back, or a trade target if that's sooner). Expect some hits and some misses from your #6 starter.

11. kaleidosky

Funny how we can think along the same lines and so differently. A few mins ago I was thinking "if you look back in October and Cleveland is headed to the ALCS, you feel pretty good that you won 1/3 in their house, the 2 losses were by 1 run each, and you were missing your 2 best hitters for both losses"

But you're right as well, absolutely.

12. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

You have your opinion, I have mine. Altuve has been a clown on the bases. That was a really stupid steal.

13. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Hes definitely not good enough to be anywhere in the rotation. He sucks.

14. Buck Turgidson

Yeah, there's a handful of those for every team in the race. The key is to make them not matter.

3 if you count Correa

kaleidosky likes this.
  15. Mashing

Mashing Member

Irritates me lost this game because of a base running mistake. Also, that first inning catch that bounced off the wall (I admit that it was difficult to overturn that call). Oh and Devo giving up a homer, that was surprising.

16. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

I thought he wouldn't be a bad 6th starter but man its been like pulling teeth watching him. I'm nearly at the end of my rope with him. I take back what I said earlier in the off season, I'd now rather roll with Devo as a starter than continue to watch any more of Fiers.

17. kaleidosky

if it's time to dump him, I'd rather go to Feliz and let Devo and Peacock continue to crush in the pen. Not sure there's a bad call though, they all have their pluses and minuses

The more I think about it, the more I'm fine with moving Fiers to the pen. Not because he's an awful 6th starter, but because there # of options back there is too high to not give it a go

18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Need more of a World Classic performance from Carlos.

He's regressed ever since rookie regular season. He shows flashes, but he needs an extended surge.

19. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I wonder how Clutchfans would react if Fiers wasn't the 4th best starter this year so far at stranding base runners (96%). If he was league average at stranding runners or worse (like his career and basically every peripheral stat suggest), he should be giving up an extra 1-3 runs per start.

20. Buck Turgidson

You wonder?

He's done a very good job preventing big innings, and even though he leads the league in HR allowed, I believe all but one have been solo shots. It's too early to yank him, but I can't say I enjoy watching him pitch.

4 of the 5 guys who played in the WBC either have gotten off to bad (Bregman, Beltran, Correa) or slow (Altuve) starts. Coincidence?