1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Legler on Westbrook being his MVP pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Apr 25, 2017.

1. jayfree

jayfree Member

He states this series reaffirmed his pick as Westbrook for MVP because if you take him and Harden out of the game then the Rockets sweep this series.

My way of thinking is... if Westbrook would have trusted his team more during the season like Harden did, then he would have put his teammates in position to know what to do when he sits down. That's what a TRUE MVP does, make your team better overall.

2. WestendMassive

Guarantee that if the results were reversed, all these clowns would be talking about how the series proved Westbrook was the MVP

All good though. Rockets have moved on, Russ is going fishing. lol

3. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Enough WB talk.. Let the dude grieve! Lol

macho GRANDE, mikol13 and daywalker02 like this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Hell..... We were an errant 3 from sweeping them with him

Rocket River

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

As I've said repeatedly his logic only makes sense once you get past decades upon decades of precedence. Sure Houston has more talent. It's not a huge disparity but it's there and more so when Lou is playing like this Lou. Closer than people think though since he Thunder are much better defensively.

But It doesn't matter. Because Westbrook shouldn't be 1 or 2. He should be 3rd at best.

It should be a debate between Harden and Kawhi. And Lebron is probably third frankly.

If Westbrook was on the Rockets his usage would be way down and his stats would be way down and the Rockets would be worse because his game isn't conducive to any system other than the Westbrook system.

You can't just start giving MVPs to guys on crappy teams whose usage breaks any kind of statistical analysis models, who put up amazing stats on bad efficiency and don't play defense. Or I guess you can.

6. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Let us just appreciate it is the Finals MVP that matters.

7. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

No one will ever say it but after watching this series I would think Westbrooks chucking in the 4th quarter is probably what finally drove Durant to eject on the Thunder.

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

When your entire system is to stat pad for one person, no wonder everyone seems lost when WB is off the floor.

Harden doesn't have that ego, he would let anyone take over, Russ only want himself to matter

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

We're sitting here and we're talking about MVP. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about MVP, not the playoffs, not the playoffs, not the playoffs, but we're talking about MVP. How silly is that? I know it's important, I honestly do, but we're talking about the MVP.

We're talking about the MVP man. We're talking about the MVP. We're talking about the MVP. We're not talking about the playoffs. We're talking about the MVP.

Hey I hear you, it's funny to me too. Hey it's strange to me too but we're talking about the MVP man. We're not even talking about the playoffs, when it actually matters. We're talking about the MVP.

10. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I seriously don't get it, if you are the best player on the other team and you lose the series it approves you are the MVP....!!!
    well ok why the **** the wasn't the case in 2015 when Harden was balling out of his mind and literally carried his team to the second seed and went to the conference final.... ???
    **** this MVP talk, let westbrick have it, time to for Harden and for the Rox to regroup and focus on the second round and move on from this MVP bullshit

D-rock, dragonwill and Jayzers_100 like this.
  11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

When Harden was stinking it up he would just give it to Lou to create. Bev doesn't even do that LOL.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Harden honestly have a pretty chill attitude towards everything, it sometimes becomes detrimental because he stops caring, but in this case it helps be less selfish on the court and he's happy when some else takes over.

I remember last year he was deferring to Beasley and Dmo in the playoffs because they are the only ones who could create shots. Westbrook would never ever do that.

DreamShook likes this.
  13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

The reality is Harden is not the top MVP. That said, hes certainly a better candidate than Westbrick. One plays team ball and one plays stat ball.

If you should swap them, there is a very good chance a Harden OKC would beat a Westbrook Houston. Harden knows how to make his team better. Houston has too many streaky players that would greatly regress under Westbrook.

Madeinchin4 and Wylo like this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

I guess Legler only watches the first 3 quarters of a basketball game.

Westbrook was atrocious in the 4th quarter of this series. Not that this is anything new for Westbrook.

FWIW Legler just strongly loves Westbrook and dislikes Harden. A week ago he admitted Westbrook was his favorite player and then complained about Harden going to the free throw line.

Deuce and Killatron 2000 like this.
  15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If the roles were reversed Durant would still be there.

****ing media thinking they're more informed and then they pull this ****

Rocket River likes this.
  16. jerrios

jerrios Member

Westbrook, future winner of the #dirkmvp award, joins Unseld, Moses Malone and Dirk as only MVPs to lose in the first round.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  17. Raider17

Raider17 Member

No matter what the outcome of this series was the media was going to find a way to make it seem like Russ deserved the MVP. And either way the award was already decided before this series started. It's time to focus on this next series and finally put this MVP stuff to bed.

jayfree likes this.
  18. Mr. Space City

boo-****ing-hoo take harden and curry out the game the warriors would have swept the rockets in 2015.

on to the spurs now.

D-rock and Richie_Rich like this.
  19. jayfree

jayfree Member

That is until next series when the Rockets lose a game to the Spurs (despite Harden going off with 40 pts and 12 assists) and the media talks about that being why HARDEN is not MVP.

Raider17 likes this.
  20. Wylo

Wylo Member

I agree with this. I honestly think Kawhi deserves more than those two, but if I had to choose between Harden and Russ, I would have to go with Harden, because of the reasons OP mentioned.