1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey Calls Out Josh Innes for wearing Westbrook jersey at Rockets Flagship Station 790

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cdrive, Apr 25, 2017.

1. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Here is a link to audio someone captured and posted:

http://chirb.it/vzCetf

And I was only listening myself live cause I heard Morey's voice. By force of habit I switched to 790 on the drive home and forgot it was Innes's time slot. Didn't take long for it to get awesome though. Morey calls him out for wearing Westbrook jersey. Honestly, wearing a Westbrook jersey at the Official Rockets Flagship Station Sports Talk 790 in Houston, TX during a playoff series between the Rockets and Thunder is something only Innes would do. Innes and maybe someone like pharma bro Martin Shkreli.

Innes called Sports Talk 790 Adam Clanton "scummy" for taking the pic and sending it to Rockets president Tad Brown. Oh and in case you were wondering, Innes routinely and proudly professes that Westbrook is his MVP over Harden. Makes sense coming from the guy who was saying stuff like "Yr boy Harden is still a b---h" while he was in Philly.

SPEAKING OF PHILLY...

Hopefully Innes will soon be back in Philly. He's there to cover the NFL draft, and if the gods of Houston sports can smile upon us, then hopefully he will stay there:

"The rumor mill is a-churning this morning, as an ex-94 WIP sports talk radio host may have thrown his obese sombrero into the ring to replace the disgruntled lover of incredible meats Anthony Gargano"

https://thecoggintoboggan.com/2017/...ony-gargano-maureen-crowley-williams-at-97-5/

Also during game 4, Innes tweeted angrily that the game was ruined and the NBA sucks when we started hack-a-Roberson and Harden drew a foul during the 3-pointer screen collision. It's not in the linked clip but you could hear Morey being annoyed and then explaining why that is a foul...that the defender needs to chase around the pick legally, or go under the pick but not meet Harden at the pick creating a collision.

#1 cdrive, Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Yeah 790 is hella stupid for adding that fool. Haven't listened to that time slot since. Rockets gonna leave that station when the contract is up and thats for other things too (crap reception for the west side of town, etc.).

3. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

It's all in jest, Innes loves trolling Rockets fans so I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised by this.

Good call out by Morey though. Funny. :D

jae713, RasaqBoi and BigMaloe like this.
  4. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

I've listened to Josh innes for years even when he was working in Philly. One thing I will tell you is that he's not a fan of any team and it almost seems like he doesn't even like sports. But what he does and what makes him popular is he's very controversial. It's the main reason he got the job at 790 because they thought it would pick up their ratings and possibly steal some listeners from his former employee 610. Basically he's faking everything he says.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Every time I see this idiot's name come up I'm expecting it to be him getting fired and I'm disappointed every time it's not. I haven't listened to 790 since they hired him, and I don't plan to at any point until they fire him.

6. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

He's a fat Skip Bayless.

Purp8585, RasaqBoi and BONIERO1576 like this.
  7. onreego

onreego Member

Confirmed. Innes is @swyyyguy. :eek:

Pen15clubber, banzai, jae713 and 4 others like this.
  8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I just obtained a "rise and roar" shirt from the game Sunday. I have no idea what to do with it.

9. hakeemthagreat

Josh Innes is unbearable. He tries to come across as wild & crazy, but ends up sounding like a slightly racist idiot stuck in the closet. I like sports radio so I'll flip back & forth between stations every once & a while, but EVERY time i randomly change to his show it's almost NEVER about sports and always regarding something about men doing feminine stuff. I'm thinking we're going to hear something Rockets related but end up regretting. If the guy is guy so be it, no judgement. But why use a sports platform to talk about that? What sports audience wants to hear this guy go on random pointless tirades?

Get this outta Houston ASAP!!!

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Nobody cares. NEXT.

banzai and Bandwagoner like this.
  11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The only real question here is why the **** have you been listening to that fat, disgusting, blowhard for YEARS??? You must have a serious self-harm streak in you.

Dopamine and BigMaloe like this.
  12. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

If he's gay, then Silly Jilly is his beard.

[​IMG]

13. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

Well it's like supporting a certain political party but you still listen to the opposition to hear a different view point.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

never heard of this guy or listened to anything that he's said

he seems to be an entertaining troll

15. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

This plus his torpedoed ratings since Charlie I cant wait for him to get canned.

Please bring back Matt Thomas to the mid-day.

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Skippa Pizza Bayless

17. Fantasma Negro

He's having a meltdown right now. Its hilarity

vator and BigMaloe like this.
  18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Jish Anus is the ultimate low life scumbag.

You can out him with @swyyyguy and Calvin Twatkins as disgraces to the city of Houston

Dopamine likes this.
  19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

20. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I'm guessing that MT moving away from mid-day, and Clanton taking a mid-day slot was all so that MT could do home PA, away play-by-play, and still do a time slot on radio. Jesus that dude is busy. And also so Clanton could do radio for home games.

How hard is it really to just get a guy for the drive home time slot that doesn't act like a 4chan troll? It's not funny, it's played out as hell if it's some weak performance art. No love lost if he returns to Philly. Just hope the next time Philly kicks him out he doesn't return here again.

acsorelle4 likes this.