1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[sigh] NBA L2M: Adams had lane violation of FT resulting in WB 3ptr

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Apr 25, 2017.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

If you watch enough NBA, you know that the refs never miss that call of a FT shooter crossing the line on a purposeful miss. It's almost like when in doubt, they even call it against the shooter for trying to cheat the system. (I'd post a link to the video, but the NBA's video is showing Adam's face. His feet aren't in the frame.)

btw: And it's not when his foot lands, it's just breaking the plane with your foot prior to ball hitting the rim/backboard.

L2M Report Comment: Adams (OKC) steps over the plane of the free throw line prior to the ball hitting the rim.​

Together with the call Clutch posted in Game 2 of backcourt violation, these are two crucial violations that led to 3s that usually are ALWAYS called. It's so troubling they allowed two 3s now by Westbrook on violations.

2. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Yup, that's what I said in the thread. Was so obvious, but I guess with everything happening, it might have been hard to catch that

3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Imagine if we woulda lost...

And people are only mentioning the harden push off lol

DonKnock and waytookrzy079 like this.
  4. Sajan

Sajan Member

Bro do you even triple double?

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As an aside, I believe that [sigh] is an up-and-coming thread title meme

TracywtFacy and BigMaloe like this.
  6. jae713

jae713 Member

And no one talks about the Adams push off in the same freaking play. Lol. If you guys are ever on Reddit game threads, I am convinced that the OKC fans and Warrior fans are some of the whiniest b****made fan bases out there.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  7. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

where did you see the l2m? i wente on nba.com but it isn't up yet

8. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

they can't touch cf game threads

DonKnock and Scola Scoops like this.
  9. hakeemthagreat

The NBA (ofcourse through the refs) want SO BAD for WB to be the hero of this series. They already realized the Rockets are too good to sway OKC any victories without being exposed. So they let little things that should be called go. Notice when the game is starting to get away from OKC, WB will get phantom calls to put him on the line. It's not like these calls are him driving to the rim like James. They're more like BS touch fouls on the perimeter. The league wanted this series to be closer while giving WB the glory of being the MVP

Going into game 5, look for Beverley to get in foul trouble early. Don't be surprised if Bev gets a phantom technical for nothing. The best way to ensure WB has a crazy numbers game is for the refs to get the Rockets best defender out the game. They will be watching Bev very close

10. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Interesting that they call the Harden pushoff a INC, but the Adams/Ariza contact was seen as incidental

whatever

3-1, bishessssssssssssssssssssssss

FLASH21 likes this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

conspiracy

DonKnock and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  13. jbasket

jbasket Member

Didn't read, no mention of a triple double.

Sajan, juanm34, wouldabeen23 and 6 others like this.
  14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

If you look back on the play Gordon was trying to get it to Ariza first... but here came Adams again who gave him a shoulder check on the baseline to knock him out of the play (another blatant non-call) which then led to Harden having to push off of Abrines in order to get separation right before Westbrook almost stole the ball for an easy dunk when the refs FINALLY called the foul.

All that happened within that one play and WE get called out for pushing off and a non-call. Yes I'm biased but if you want to continue with your biasism please get the full picture prior to biasing against us.

Thanks!

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That is a play that we can say has a great amount of Historical Precedence of never being called. A push off of an inbounds? lulz

DonKnock, cdrive and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I really don't like the L2M.

They're basically ways for the NBA to say "see, our refs are really pretty good!"
    I've NEVER seen one full of incorrect calls.

Even in this case, they don't call it an incorrect call. They just say it was correct no call, ostensibly because it is "only available in enhanced video". This is not something complicated to look for. There's 3 refs. Surely one of them can be on the lookout for a lane violation of this magnitude?

Look, it would sit easier, regardless of what team I'm a fan of, if they just said hey, these refs are humans, and can't see everything and sometimes miss things, but on the whole they did a good job.

17. hakeemthagreat

Conspiracy? Depends if you've ignored the history of the NBA officating the last 20 or so years

18. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Is that response addressed to me specifically or the average neutral fan/media?

Cant tell lol

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Look, missed calls happen. That doesn't piss me off. What pisses me off is every single news organization was tripping over their dicks to run out and commend Adams and Westbrook on that play. Not one had the foresight to ask "Was that even a clean rebound?". The timing isn't even that tight, you can see him lift off almost instantly after the release.

da_juice likes this.
  20. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

what are you kidding? this coverup goes back to Nixon. He was a HUGE Knicks fan, personally guaranteed the 1973 championship all by himself. One of the last things he did in office. I know my history. I'm serious.

DonKnock likes this.