1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Off Season Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Also it's important to note that it's very possible that none of those guys look good and possibly don't develop properly if they end up in Houston. BOB's system isn't exactly friendly and the O line was porous last season so what happens if you pick Dak and put him in that system with that O line? Well he probably looks terrible and we're talking about how great Savage could have been if we had only picked him if he ends up looking good in a cupcake situation like the Cowboys gave Dak. I mean he still found a way to get sacked 25 times with hands down the best O line in front of him with an amazing run game.....

A good example of how a system can hurt a player is looking at how poorly Lamar Miller did when used as a power back running it up the gut....if that's all he had ever done in the NFL, you'd think he sucked.

texans1095 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Guys also do it to hide drug use or PED use so I'd bet he takes a hit.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Bet he already took one. Hey-oh!

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  4. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Well, Rick unfortunately doesn't possess your gift for hindsight. Nor does he have the magical powers to make any and every trade you do in your fantasy league. I mean, we can rightly question his passing on guys like Carr and Garapolo - but Goff? Really? Wentz? You were advocating - after the Texans signed Osweiler - for them to dump essentially two years worth of drafts into either one of them? OK.

Yaosthirdleg and texans1095 like this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Someone crashed Alfred Blue's car into Louisiana swamp

Busy day for Houston Texans running back Alfred Blue -- who found out his beloved Chevy Camaro somehow ended up in a Louisiana swamp Monday morning.

Here's the deal ... cops and a tow truck responded to Highway 90 in Des Allemands around 9 AM after a single car collision. One witness tells us, "The car was in the water."

Law enforcement tells TMZ Sports the NFL player is the owner of the car -- but he was NOT driving during the incident and was not present during the crash.

So, what happened? Unclear exactly but cops say no arrests were made and miraculously no one was seriously injured.

We reached out to Blue's reps. Waiting for a call back.​

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Bet it hit Jeff allen's butt before going 2 yards

Fullcourt likes this.
  7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

38k posts by bobbythegreat reminding everyone of his opinion?

Hey Now!, red and Mr. Clutch like this.
  8. Fantasma Negro

Damnit you beat me to it lol

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

#1929 J.R., Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  10. raining threes

Nope,

I was just pointing out to a fellow poster that Ricky has had plenty of chances to find a franchise QB. He just hasn't had the stomach/smarts to make the move.

No hindsight.

I wanted them to trade for Palmer, the good Dr. on the other board said Scaub's foot was only going to get worse and I believed him. I wanted Ricky to draft Jimmy G at 2-1.

Bottom line it isn't my job to find a franchise QB it's Ricky's. He had a chance to get one last yr Goff/Wentz/Dak and he chose Os. For that he should've been fired.

11. raining threes

Point is he could've drafted any of these QB's. He chose not to draft a QB.

He has only drafted Savage/Yates/Brink in a decades worth of drafts (Pathetic) and people here want to defend Ricky's record of drafting QB's. It's laughable.

deb4rockets likes this.
  12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Laughable and pathetic all rolled into one big Texas sized burrito filled with leftover refried quarterbacks.

13. texans1095

texans1095 Member

He definitely did not have a chance to get Goff or Wentz. And literally every NFL team had a chance to get Dak but repeatedly passed. I get that he needs to do a better job of addressing the biggest team need, but none of these guys were realistic QB selections for the Texans last year.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Adrian Peterson sure would've been a nice luxury, especially at an essentially one year deal worth 3mil. Too bad we're so cap strapped. :confused:. Can't wait to see Lamar or blue run into our o lines butts once again. We'd better draft a power back.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

4 years is definitely enough time to at least have something that isn't a complete crap show.

18. Hey Now!

Right; no hindsight - so why aren't you upset that they didn't draft one of the five QBs that went after Goff/Wentz but before Dak? Probably has nothing to do with hindsight. Nope.

Fans have a legitimate gripe that they didn't snag Carr or Garappolo at the top of the second round in 2014. And, of course, buyer's remorse is completely understandable with Osweiler. But that's about the extent of any realistic frustration. They did not have any chance at Goff/Wentz, unless they were willing to gut years worth of draft capital, which would have been a bigger mistake than signing Osweiler, frankly.

Kicking teams for missing on late round finds has no connection to reality. Neither Wilson nor Prescott were viewed as impactful starters even by the teams that selected them. They got lucky, and I'll never hold any general manager to the standard of "lucky." It's unrealistic.

#1938 Hey Now!, Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    texans1095 likes this.
  19. Hey Now!

For Rick's first five years ('07-'12), he had a very good QB and a need to use draft resources to build around him. They certainly could have taken some late round fliers but... I wouldn't deem it fireable that they ultimately didn't.

Schaub's unexpected collapse happened after the 2013 draft so, from a draft perspective, they've desperately needed a QB since 2014. Again, passing on Carr and Garappolo - especially in the second round - makes no sense to me and they can rightly be killed for it. Beyond that... they haven't really passed on any no-brainers like the Carr and Garappolo situations - first-ish round talent they had complete control over.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member