1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

May require to part ways with a superstar like @J.R. to dump _holic to other boards. That is how much negative value _holic has. @J.R. is a cornerstone.

Richie_Rich, roslolian, J.R. and 4 others like this.
  2. Ranny

Ranny Member

I value a lot @J.R.'s posts, however i do that trade. We are never winning a championship with Bbholic as a member of the forum!! :D

3. basketballholic

I have no desire to see Capela fail. None. I want to win a championship. Knee jerk? You've been watching CC play all season. Are you really going to believe this is going to change. Ignorance.

4. FTW Rockets FTW

We disagree.

SOmetimes you got to carry deadweight like _holic to keep your franchise players like @J.R.

J.R. likes this.
  5. basketballholic

U R N D Nile

6. basketballholic

sorry I'm right. Because I want a championship. B But we aren't getting one with Capela playing major minutes in the rotation. I'm right about that. But it's unfortunate.

Swapshop likes this.
  7. basketballholic

Ha

BigShasta likes this.
  8. basketballholic

All they have to do is impede him from setting the pick. They don't have to be good defenders.

9. basketballholic

Thon is not a random player. He was a target in the draft for us. Your post only tells us you aren't here for serious basketball discussion. You probably couldn't care less whether we win or lose. Just jokes and giggles. Lol. Which is why I take nothing you say seriously. Even your occasional Rockets post. You just post reactionv with no meaningful content.

#69 basketballholic, Apr 23, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  10. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Yule C.

11. basketballholic

Terrence is the third best player on the team.

BigShasta likes this.
  12. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Not anymore. You should read a newspaper or something.

topfive likes this.
  13. basketballholic

Nor was he then. You should've watched the games or something.

14. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Playoffs are about matching up and Capela struggles with OKC. They have completely taken away the pnr lob. Against other teams Capela has been stellar. He will show his value before this playoff run is over.

15. FTW Rockets FTW

Why you mad?

Im sure Rockets targetted several other players in the draft too? Doesnt mean jack **** just like your posts

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You have a very strong desire to be right, and a very strong desire to not be wrong. If anything, that's beyond clear from all your posts on this forum over the years.

Yes I have been watching Capela all year, I think he's a solid starting center. He rebounds well, he blocks/alters shots, he finishes in the paint at a high percentage, he has quick feet on offense and defense, he's got solid length. His main weaknesses are strength/FT shooting and he's steadily working on that, I believe he's on track to fixing those problem within the next couple of years for the most part.

I think our perimeter defense is trash due to 1.coaching, 2. Anderson/Harden/Brewer/Lou/Dekker not being able to stay in front of their man this season, I think that's the core reason for why we give up so many points in the paint. Howard couldn't make up for it by his self, and Capela can't make up for it either. You scape goat Capela as the reason we have a poor defensive team, did you scape goat Howard last year as well?

Nene has been playing well so far in the playoffs, but you have to note for the season (and most of his career) that he was not rebounding defensively well enough, he's not a lob threat, and he's not a good enough shot blocker to protect the rim. Nene is a good positional defender, he's strong, has great hands offensively, has great touch, good footwork, but he's not a defensive rebounder nor rim protector and that's a big problem if your playing next to Anderson and I wouldn't start Nene over Clint for those reasons

#76 ThatBoyNick, Apr 23, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  17. roslolian

roslolian Member

I applaud ur post but there is no changing holic's mind. Its better for u not to take anything he says seriously. Dude thinks brokeshot Rubio is the missing piece to a championship formula for the Rockets! And he thinks Harden is the most selfish player on the court and is cockblocking superstar trades behind the scenes so he can still remain the main man on thw Rox. I mean, logic certainly doesn't work on the guy so honestly your post is just falling on deaf ears (or blind eyes in this case).

18. basketballholic

Not mad. Why you think you're a psychiatrist?

Joked and giggles.

19. basketballholic

Good luck with that. Not realistic.

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Harrell?

Seriously, Harrell is the solution to Capela's faults? Anyone who thinks that's true either hasn't been watching Harrell play this year, or just loves high-energy guys regardless of skill level.

I like Montrezl and want him to do well, but he's a poor rebounder, a terrible post defender and horrible at team defense because he's constantly out of position or missing his rotation. He's fun to watch only because the points he scores come mostly via emphatic put-back slams or when the defense doesn't bother to cover him and Harden finds him with a great pass. Those are always fun, but I'd hate to sacrifice everything else we need from a big just to see a few rim-rattlers now and then. Trez will either develop an outside shot and some offensive game and become a 4 in this league, or he'll be gone in a couple of years. He's not going to play the 5 at this level for more than scrub minutes because he's not big enough and doesn't have the big-man game to cover that lack of size.

dmoneybangbang and Vivi like this.