1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Thunder 4/23/2017 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 22, 2017.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is this post sarcastic?

2. Mr. Space City

unless you're enamored by triple doubles westbrook has lowkey been terrible.

westbrook is shooiting .37% from the field and .25% from 3 this series

in the 2nd half this series is shooting 32% from the field and 28% from 3.

3. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Maybe I am missing something, but I thought a FT violation is only if you enter the lane before the ball is shot. So I thought Adams' play at the end was legal. Not sure if that rule is different for the FT shooter but I'm guessing that is where it changes. Also if you look closely he is still in the air and hasn't yet touched the paint when he catches the ball. Idk if this subtle difference makes it legal or not but hopefully someone can straighten me out. (I look at it like you arent out of bounds if you jump in the air to save a ball going out until you hit the ground while touching the ball).

Sorry if this is confusing, but hopefully someone understands what I am saying.

Great game; stressful as hell especially that ending; Im just glad we got the win and hopefully we torch them in game 5 and close it out!

4. eman

eman Contributing Member

Thank you NeNe.

5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Can't wait for nene night at rockets 100th anniversary season

6. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

From the NBA Rule Book: "The free throw shooter may not step over the plane of the free throw line until the ball touches the basket ring, backboard or the free throw ends."

I'd need to look at it again, but it seemed to me that the ball hit the rim before either of Adams' feet touched the paint. If so, the question is "what constitutes a step?". Is it only considered a step once the foot touches the ground, or is it considered a step as soon as the foot is lifted and moves across the imaginary vertical plane of the free throw line? Seems like it's ambiguous.

STR8Thugg likes this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'm on board with a lineup change for next game, Capela and Ryan are not working, change one of them might be a good idea but i don't see Ryan getting benched so...something seems like is just not working with the tarting five...

francis 4 prez and BigShasta like this.
  8. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Yes it does seem ambiguous. And that was my question.. but who knows and who cares since we won.

9. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

Check out @MarkBermanFox26's Tweet:

Deuce, kevtse, True Rocket and 7 others like this.
  10. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Harden, Beverley, Nene, Ariza, Gordon should be our closer unless Lou, or Ryno is unstoppable.

Pen15clubber and francis 4 prez like this.
  11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's a mistake to change the lineup. The second unit has a chemistry just like the starting unit. One thing that makes them do well is the fact that they are in a rhythm coming in and playing together off the bench. They are playing against the other team's second unit as well.

We haven't played a great game from start to finish yet, but we are still up 3-1. I would rather just tweak to try and fix things than make large (IMO) over corrections. If we were down 3-1, I'd be all in favor of a lineup change.

Mkieke likes this.
  12. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

LOL! Compare that to westbrook's: "I will answer the question. Adams can't answer for himself..."

13. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

A lot of discussion (rightfully so) about switching up starting 5 on Tuesday...I think you really risk hurting a players confidence if you move them this late in a series/season. My preference would be to stick with our 5 but have a VERY short leash on Ariza, Capela, & Anderson. Hopefully the home crowd will help our guys out.

Having said that, Ryno has been atrocious and a liability on both ends of the court. If we're going to make a move, I'd consider shifting Ariza to the 4 and putting EGo in at SF. Either that, or shift Anderson to Roberson and let Harden take Taj - he's usually decent at guarding the post. OKC will come out strong, but if we match them and build a little lead, it might be enough to break them early. Will be a tough one.

14. kiwirocketsfan

I suggest that we have a good 8 man group.

Starter/Bench is less important than 8 guys who make an impact.

One of the things that Morey has done really well in his tenure is having a deep and quality rotation where anyone can help win on any day.

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

No need to switch anything in this series. Harden will bounce back and have an amazing game and the Rockets will blow them out.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, maybe just sub early...might be ok too i guess

francis 4 prez likes this.
  17. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

I wanna see 85 year old Nene stand up and wave to the crowd for 20 seconds at the end of the 1st quarter on January 15th, 2067!

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Was at work when the game was going on and just saw the Adams rebound overhead replay by tnt and he definitely crossed the line before the ball hit the rim. Should have been a violation

francis 4 prez and BigMaloe like this.