1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela vs. OKC in the Playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SooneRockStro, Apr 23, 2017.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The reason you have to start Capela all season is he is only useful when playing with Harden, truly. But I don't care at this point, I'd bench him for Nene to stop this 1st Q crap.

Capela wasn't special in Game 1 first Q either. It was his monster third quarter when he returned from getting stitches that was great. Maybe we gave him a painkiller shot, and he wasn't afraid of contact,,,let's do that again, :D

Also, keep in mind that OKC scored 38 pts in the first quarter TWICE in the regular season too,,,so Soft Capela vs Adams failing isn't new to the playoffs.

Richie_Rich, Hakeemtheking and Vivi like this.
  2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Nene should start over both Capela and Ryan Anderson. The two-Nene lineup would be unstoppable.

AirBud#10, cmlmel77 and snowconeman22 like this.
  3. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

You guys are too much :D:D:D:D:D

Pen15clubber likes this.
  4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Capela still gets pushes around too much. If only the world was Sci-Fi and we can put Bev's brain into Capela's body.

5. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Hakeem's brain...

6. txn

txn Member

Give me a name who will dominate Clint in the paint from Spurs or Warriors. Like I said, Aldridge might be. But Clint actually play OK against Aldridge this season. Also, Nene will play more time in the playoff anyway.

7. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Didn't we help Akeem gain like 50 pounds by cramming BBQ down his throat when he was at UH? We need to do the same thing with Capela.

RiceRockets likes this.
  8. acruz2

acruz2 Member

Capela for the most part of this series has been terrible. He is letting passes go through his hands and he knows the pass is coming to him. He has to be ready for it and go up strong. On defense he needs to rebound better and rotate quicker, I will say he has had some good blocks.

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Nothing against Capella, but he is limited by Okcs defensive scheme. Starting Nene is a common sense adjustment I'd like to see.

10. Wylo

Wylo Member

If there's anything this series has proven, it's that Steven Adams is still so much better than Capela. In fact, OKC's starting five minus Westbrook looks way better than Houston's starting five minus Harden. It's our bench that gives us major edge, but in terms of starting line-up, we are one of the weakest teams in the playoffs.

11. basketballholic

Any big that lays a body on Capela will win the matchup. He can't even get the pick set. Don't you see that? And you think he'll be ok against the Spurs? Or Grizz? Or Dubs?!?

C'mon man. Be real.

12. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Not completely true. Capela is nullified by big, strong C's. which unfortunately the West is chock full of...

13. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Extremely small sample size when broken up Home/Away in Playoffs, but this is his first Playoffs as a Starter - I think the OKC crowd really got to him. He just looked lost and scared out there in Games 3 & 4. He was great in Game 1 and decent in Game 2 (at least defensively) - I'm hoping he picks it back up in Game 5.

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Capela had a very good year this year

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Capela not only improved this year he was better after his injury

Nene just had his best playoff game in his career at age 34

Nene never averaged more than 7.8 rebounds

They aren't changing the starting lineup

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I wouldn't say "very good". Clint showed growth and development but his obvious inadequacies are frustrating. Considering he was a trainwreck in games 3 and 4, my patience is a little thin right now.

Maybe next season he'll be a lot better at holding his ground, rebounding in traffic, finishing with strength and will not completely disappear so often. Rockets are fortunate Nene is such a great backup C. I hope they bring him back.

17. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Capela was so, so bad today. Just a mess.

I would put Capela's minutes on a short leash. Can't bail on him completely... Nene isn't a 40-minute guy every night and you've got to build up Clint. Start him but light a fire under his ass.

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The rockets needed offense from the entire bench.

The three bench guys outscored the starting five

Nene isn't going to fix those problems in the long run

He has never averaged more than 7.8 boards

Edit: inside presence problems

19. txn

txn Member

I agree that Grizz will definitely dominated Capela in the post. But I doubt they will escape from San Antonio in the 1st round. But Spurs & Dubs? Besides Aldridge, you think Lee or Gasol or Mcgee is physical enough to dominate Capela inside? Draymond is physical enough, but too short. So you think he will dominate Capela down low at every position like Adam?

OKC's bigs is one of their strength coming to this Series. It's not a surprise. They are not just owning us. They beat some other good Western team like Spurs as well.

20. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Its gonna probably be worse if we advance ..he needs to stay focused when hes on the court, way too many lazy unaware plays