1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. basketballholic

That's the problem. No......He doesn't have to play some. Assuming that he does is a mistake.

And this question honestly.

Who would you rather have attempting to set a pick in this playoffs series right now, CC, Harrell, or Nanu?

If you answer Capela here then you have to think that Harrell and Nanu aren't even worthy of a roster spot. Because Capela can't hardly even get to the key area to set the silly pick. I mean. How bad does it have to get here before we start looking for other answers? That's ridiculous.

2. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Since the moment we signed Nene I was under the belief that he would be more important and better than Capela. I really am low on Capela, and lower than most here on CF. I recognize that he still has a lot to learn. Still, I don't think I'm as low on him as you are bballholic. Mind you, I was saying to myself as well that Nene should start game 5, but that was under the assumption that we would lose game 4. Now that we're up 3-1 I think we should start him and see how Capela does. I know it sounds dumb, but I still have faith in the guy. I don't want to shatter his confidence. Him and Ryan's confidence have to be at all time lows right now, but if Capela starts off strong in game 5 then it could make a huge difference going forward in his career.

Of course if we get off to a pitiful start again because of Capela and Ryan then sub in Nene...

The reason I have faith in Capela is because he shows moments of great rim protection. I think he's a weak rim protector despite having the length and athlethicism to be good enough. Obviously not DJ or Gobert capable, but just good enough to alter shots. He did that in the 4th in game 2. Hopefully he gets his stride going. Capela is a weird case right now. I do think MDA has to make a tough choice. Trust the young guy in a 3-1 lead and continue to try to build his confidence or take no risk of losing and bench him to close out in game 5. It's short term vs long term. I don't think Capela can handle getting benched... and when I think about it then maybe we shouldn't keep a guy around who can't handle getting benched without his confidence getting shattered.

Ugh Capela.

IvanLCPM likes this.
  3. basketballholic

Oh. Thanks for reminding me. I've only been calling for him to be traded since before last season's trade deadline.

Swapshop likes this.
  4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Actually we can. _holic has inside sauces that tell him we can trade Capela during the playoffs.

5. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

Um, ok. Great win today! Gotta go. Peace out!

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I agree that Capela has sucked the last two games (outside of some good shot blocking), and that playoff Nene has been a beast.

That being said, it's just a couple of games. Capela's first two games were very solid, how do your explain that with you Capela sucks ass narrative? Of course he's not perfect, but Capela's been really solid all year long for the most part, has had a lot of good games against some of the best bigs in the league this year.

It may have to do with being in Oklahoma, Capela might be shrinking under the intensity of playing in another arena. That, and or the scouting after the first two games really focused in on Capela, he was doubled every time he got the ball in the paint.

Knee jerk thread, from someone who has a bias towards wanting Capela to fail with your "Rockets won't make the playoffs with Capela starting" comments, and Rockets won't win a playoff series with Capela etc.

#46 ThatBoyNick, Apr 23, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    Richie_Rich likes this.
  7. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

The physicality that theyre allowing in the playoffs is definitely not Clint's strong-suit. Just a tough matchup with the big bodies of Adams, Kanter, and Taj.

8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I would keep starting Capela but NeNe gets more minutes.

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Heheh find me a post where I said Capela is better than Thong Maker. Honestly, I haven't seen much of Thong to know how good he is. Regular season Eastern Conference games just don't fall into my basketball schedule.

I just make fun at your schtick of starting threads on random players in the GARM when there is a whole Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas masterthread. And don't tell me you're starting it because you have heard about our interest in Maker. You don't have sauces like you claim, if you did, Rockets would have Rubio and Dinwiddie not to forget Bledsoe or Dragic here.:D

For the record, I have said Capela and Rhyno are both ideally bench players been forced to start here.

10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Are we talking about the same guy who's been getting 10 min a game their series?

I know he starts since the Gasol injury but he's really just a capable backup who gets 5/5 in 20 min a night. Dude doesn't even avg a block a game.

You can't compare Dedmon to Steven Adams.

I know you follow basketball so you should already know these things.

Your not going to convince me that LMA, Gasol and David lee are physical good paint defenders.

Your just not.

Because you and I both know the truth.

#50 YaoMing#1, Apr 23, 2017
  11. Soneca

Soneca Member

It's the freaking playoffs. It's time to finish them off. It's time to root for our team, not for your personal agenda.

And I thought this was a positive thread, didn't see who the OP was.

Capela sucked last two games, James sucked last game, Ariza sucked first three games, Bev sucked game three, Ryno sucks... Let's bench everyone! Great idea. Guess kneejerks will kneejerk, playoffs or not

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

A) Historically, OP has never been right about anything.

B) If he does happen to be right one day, there's no way he'll be sorry about it.

13. jsingles

jsingles Member

Harrell needs to see action desperately if we want to make a run in the second round. We need his hops and energy just to get rebounds and catch a few lobs. Capella, as others have said here, is simply not ready. Harrell has the athleticism, that's all we need on the boards.

14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I thought holic said Harden as a PG is going to cost us a championship? Now Capela too?

Looks to me like he's throwing crap against the wall (again) Hoping something sticks.

RocketsTerps likes this.
  15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

He's never sorry about being right, OP probably has a hard-on bragging about it and making new sht threads

#55 DatRocketFan, Apr 23, 2017
  16. vator

vator Contributing Member

The first 2 games suddenly don't count? Yeah he has had 2 bad games. I was watching with friends and was the leader of the take Capela out the game campaign. That said, just about everybody on our team has had at least 2 bad games out of the 4 with few exceptions. I'll say given that fact that this is knee jerk at the moment. Let's see if he can bounce back. They're game planning ways to take him out the game which means he was seen as a factor earlier in the series. It's our turn to make adjustments.

17. Ranny

Ranny Member

Can we trade bbholic??

18. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Capela has been a problem the last couple of games no doubt, but Anderson is the biggest problem moving forward. Anderson is useless right now. At least Capela can block some shots and give some rim protection.

19. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Capela has a bad game.

"I told you so he sucks! We won't win a ship!"

Capela has a good game.

"..............."

"Capela is too thin and weak! We need someone like thon!"

- but he's skinnier, weaker and significantly not as advanced other than pure length.

Boy when you latch onto something you don't let up. Some serious confirmation bias and self fulfillment you got going on.

FTW Rockets FTW and Ranny like this.
  20. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Nene has been better against bruisers all year, OKC are bruisers