1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. basketballholic

I'm not with you on that. You put Anderson with Nene and that's a good line-up against double bigs. But not Capela.

Swapshop and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  2. GimmeDaRock

GimmeDaRock Contributing Member

Time for both of you to respect your elders... clowns.

Rashmon, jbasket and Pen15clubber like this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and white Ibaka from the bench

4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

not gonna read thread. screw you OP for not having a proper title. 'its time' tells nothing about what the thread is about. You are titling a thread not a ****ing book.

5. basketballholic

He already got bigger. Your fellow posters have been telling you that all season. He got so big he suffered a stress fracture. That's not going to work. You can't change his mentality and that's the core problem source.

That's another thing that it's time for this board to acknowledge. That was worse than awful out there today. He's not mentally capable of playing under fire.

Swapshop likes this.
  6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I don't mind you pointing this out it's clearly a bad matchup for Capela.

And while the Spurs froncourt is more skilled down low there also not as big physical or good at defense as okc bigs are.

And Capela did have positive effects on game 1 and 2 of this series. He hasn't been good at all these last two games and it's not a big surprise being it's his first time starting in the playoffs on the road.

He did have 14/7 game 1 and 7/10/4 game 2.

Nene is clearly the better player everyone knows this but Capela can still give some positive minutes even if his role is reduced, which in the playoffs I thought would be the plan all along anyways.

Nene was brought here for this time of the season the playoffs and I he needs to finish games and get the bulk of the minutes but he is a 15 year vet and older. He can't play 35 minutes a game.

I would have liked to see trez maybe get a few minutes but I understand why MDA is not giving him a chance. He's a poor rebounder and for all clints faults he's still light years better than trez on the glass.

7. Newlin

Newlin Member

It doesn't matter who starts. It matters who plays the important minutes. Nene was in there when it mattered. Nene played 25 minutes, Capela played 18 minutes. Nene would have played more minutes if he hadn't been in foul trouble.

The question should be whether Harrell deserves minutes over Capela. MDA had an entire season to figure that out, and he thinks Capela should play over Harrell.

Also, let's not pretend Capela hasn't done well at times. But, when the other team takes away the alley-oop plays, his value is diminished.

joshuaao, Mr. Clutch and Pen15clubber like this.
  8. basketballholic

You obviously haven't watched Dewayne Dedmon play.

9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I'm surprised at no Rubio subliminal message like he tried to do in the dish

Shroopy2 likes this.
  10. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

He's young. He'll get better. Nene certainly deserves the majority of the minutes as of now. Capela played well in game 1. With experience comes consistency.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am surprised they didn't give Harrell any minutes given how bad Capela has been.

basketballholic and Pen15clubber like this.
  12. basketballholic

"He's young. He'll get better." is code for he sucks now and will prevent us from winning a championship. No use in speaking in code here. Everybody can see he simply is a bad player right now. Gotta get him out of there.

Swapshop likes this.
  13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yet? yet? Hate to break it to you, but players don't develop clever power moves like Nene in a few years. If you don't have any semblance of that after your 4th or 5th year, you won't develop them. See Dwight Howard.

basketballholic likes this.
  14. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

If he could rebound he would have been in there for sure. I still would try him out though

15. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Kinda like you told us "Rubio looks ok on the wolves but he would look great here"

16. basketballholic

You would think an offensive genius like MDA would recognize this and try to get either Harrell or Nanu going. Obviously he recognized it this game and ran Nene out there. But there's no way Nene can play 40 minutes a game. No way. We should have already had another big ready. A precious few of us have been barking about this all season. If we know.......I truly don't understand it. We had all season to get another big. We're just fortunate that Nene was healthy today. Otherwise we're at 2-2 and really in trouble.

Swapshop likes this.
  17. charlieaustin

This is Capela's third year and just his second full season as he only played 12 games his first year. He has improved tremendously since he came into the league. Who knows if he will ever develop Nene type of moves.

Not sure if you guys are reading my comments correctly as I am agreeing Nene should receive the majority of the minutes.

BigMaloe likes this.
  18. basketballholic

He needs to be traded because somebody is going to pay him in a year and he'll still be "developing".

Swapshop likes this.
  19. charlieaustin

Code? o_O I'm agreeing Nene should get the majority of the minutes. Capela still has to play some unless you think Harrell is the better option. We can't get any new players at this point.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  20. charlieaustin

Can't make any trades during the playoffs. Gotta ride with who we have.