1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016-2017] Jeremy Lin as a Brooklyn Net

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 1, 2016.

1. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Easier to play with pressure when the coach has your back. D'Antoni does that for his players.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's easier for the coach when you pass the ball to your teammates and make baskets not turnovers

3. tinman

Supporting Member

No he didn't, he was whining on twitter behind biblical statements

let me tell you with all honesty, he sucked

telling a Lin fan that Lin sucked with the Rockets is worst than telling an adopted kid that he's adopted

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ponytail is IN.

#1844 daywalker02, Mar 28, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    Pen15clubber likes this.
  5. yoeddy

Never said I hated him. But character means a lot to me, and Harden seems to lack it. And an occasional trip to a strip club doesn't bother me...but Harden's reputation for partying with strippers seemed excessive.

$24M/3-years was not a "monster contract". And in fact, it was back-loaded, so on a per-year basis, it was a bargain for the first two years. Morey knew he could trade it in the last year for teams wanting an expiring contract.

#1845 yoeddy, Mar 28, 2017
  6. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Good luck on liking players who suck. Even Jordan had problems with going to strip clubs, gambling and the like. Kobe did too, he paraded his own wife on live television to say how sorry he was the for "consensual" sex that he had with a gal in Colorado who accused him of raping her.

Harden isn't married and hasn't gambled all of his money away yet, and he's never been accused of raping anyone. He does a lot for the local Houston community feeding families and taking part in charity for the better of children and you see him on television all the time doing these kind of things. Well, that is if you live in Houston which you probably don't because you didn't start following the team until Lin came here.

If you think Harden has character issues then I can't imagine what you must think of Kobe and Jordan.

#1846 Tha_Dude, Mar 28, 2017
    Killatron 2000 likes this.
  7. yoeddy

Why are biblical quotes "whining"?
    Yup...I think Jordan was the greatest player of all-time, but I was never a Chicago Bulls fan. And Kobe was a rapist, so not a fan of his either.

8. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Well, Jordan had character issues. He went to strip clubs, gambled a lot of his money away too. If you have even an ounce of respect for Jordan, yet you claim to not like Harden due to "character" issues then you're clearly a hypocrite and not worthy of the dudes time here.

9. yoeddy

? I said Harden is clearly a superstar player. I completely respect him as a basketball player (and said that I agreed with the Rockets building the team around him)...I just don't like him character-wise, which is one of the reasons why I am not a Rockets fan now. Why is that hypocritical? If I was a Bulls fan, you could say I am being hypocritical, but I was never a Bulls fan, so I don't see the connection.

10. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

You are being hypocritical because if you think James has a character issue, and won't watch because of it, then you really shouldn't be watching any NBA basketball, since their aren't more than 10 players in the league with Hardens character.

You aren't a hypocrite imo. Just extremely misinformed, and apparently basing your opinions on... well literally nothing.

King1 likes this.
  11. King1

King1 Contributing Member

You can't force players on coaches. I'm a big Morey supporter but I understand how an old school guy like McHale wouldn't want Lin. High turnover guy who didn't play defense and couldn't be trusted with any sort of consistent play. That's why no team with him playing starting PG will accomplish anything. He's a bench player. Let's be honest though, he was signed to bring in fans not win games.

12. yoeddy

When did I say I wasn't watching the Rockets because of it? I watch basketball because I enjoy watching sports. I am a fan of specific players and/or teams because I like the combination of their skill/style and who they are as human beings. Watching sports and being a fan of specific players/teams are two different things.

13. yoeddy

Totally agree that you can't force players on coaches, and as I said, I totally agreed that once they got Harden it was the right basketball move to make him the focus of the team. Disagree with your assessment of Lin, but that's fine too...we will just disagree regarding our opinions of Lin's abilities. Still...even if a coach has a player "forced" on him, a good one will still have his back publicly. The fact that McHale didn't makes me think he mistreated Lin.

14. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Cool, and we can put our opinions of him as a player aside and focus on the McHale conversation. It is very difficult for any coach to operate that way. Great coaches don't have guys typically forced on them. By no means am I insinuating McHale was great but even if you just consider him mediocre (fair) his players liked him. KG is one of the most notoriously difficult players ever and he sings McHales praises. Imagine having having a mic in your ace every day at work? Eventually if you didn't like o of your employees it would be obvious. That's what happened with McHale regarding Lin.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

If they banned every NBA player that went to strip clubs, then Jeremy Lin would be the only player in the league.

LOFs come with the dumbest reasons

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I have personally seen Jeremy Lin in a strip club.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

in H town?
    I've only seen him at Katz's

18. yoeddy

That's all fine...you can justify McHale's poor treatment of Lin all you want. But acknowledge that you are trying to justify it...and that McHale did indeed not have Lin's back. There are others who deny that McHale treated Lin with any kind of disrespect, and I disagree with those people.

19. yoeddy

Again, I don't have a problem with players going to strip clubs. Harden's indulgence seemed excessive. Just imho...

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Harden can do what he wants to do in his personal time. It doesn't tie back to his basketball role.

Seriously, all Lin Only fans are the same. they hate the same characters they think were detrimental to Lin's career.
    Harden, Beverly, McHale, Isaiah Thomas ...etc