1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden is gonna get screwed over again in MVP Voting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenTime, Jan 1, 2017.

1. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

Mike and Jemele from sports center just said harden is the MVP. Kawhi 2nd and Russ 3rd. Must be a media conspiracy

Deuce, DonKnock, BigMaloe and 6 others like this.
  2. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I'm with you completely. Harden is MVP.

Westbrook wouldn't work with this team nearly as well as Harden. I really agree with @Wylo points about who is easier to build around. Harden's game is just more team friendly ever since he became a point guard. I'm not sure that Westbrook is capable of putting up stats efficiently without freezing teammates out the way curry, harden, lebron, and durant are

Read @Wylo response to me. He voiced my exact thought and opinions on this

3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Yup. That's a show that I don't like at all but they backed Harden big time. Mike even said he's 2 rebounds from a triple double, you're not going to give it to him for 2 rebounds? The MVP has always rewarded winning and Harden's numbers are right there.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

5. HRox832

HRox832 Member

Watched Undisputed today. Kenyon Martin was there and basically said Westbrook should win MVP because of the load he's had to carry and the fact that he's averaging a triple double. Then dumbass Skip Bayless steps in and says the same thing, and also mentions how Westbrook hasn't missed a game (but fails to say the same thing about Harden). What pissed me off even more is the girl, Joy, said "If Westbrook finishes the season averaging a triple-double, I don't know how you can't give up the MVP". Smh, the only argument these people have is the triple double average. ATTENTION IDIOTS! Harden is only 2 rebounds away from averaging a triple double and he doesn't stat pad his rebounds like Westbrook does! Shannon Sharpe was the only one there who said Harden is the MVP and also said Oscar didn't win the MVP when he averaged a triple double.

Honestly, I can't wait for this regular season to be over so we can officially come to a conclusion that JAMES EDWARD HARDEN is the 2017 MVP!

6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Michael Smith has always been fair if annoying. I believe he backed Harden over Curry two years ago also.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  7. Daddy Long Legs

that whole segment was just a westbrook conversation lmao

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Westbrook should win an award like Most Outstanding Player. Harden has the MVP objectively locked up, and the media knows it. That's why they've started coming with this co-MVP bull****. They can't deny what Harden is doing but they still want to give the award to Westbrook.

split41 and Stormy1234 like this.
  9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Im pretty sure he didn't last week. The two of them had some stupid logic going that I posted about but I'm too lazy to look back and see what it was. It looks like they figured it out now though.

Snow Villiers likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

These writers & analysts & "experts" have amnesia. :rolleyes:

J Sizzle likes this.
  11. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

Don't know if anyone saw it, but there's a short clip of Michael and Jemele talking about MVP, and they believe Harden is the MVP.

Probably the most sensical people on the channel. They take out the infatuation with the triple double and call it like it is.

Awesome.

12. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Here's a quick summary of what I saw on TV today:

KMart - Russ is MVP because of triple-dbl and worse teammates
    Skip Bayless- Russ is MVP because of triple-dbl

Max Kellerman - Harden is not MVP because he has better teammates and is a systems player
    Stephen A Smith - Harden is MVP because he's winning

The Jump - Russ is MVP because of triple-dbl

SC6 Michael and Jemelle - Harden will win MVP based on MVP voting criteria

Colin Cowherd - Russ shouldn't win MVP because he's a selfish stat-padding ballhog who plays no defense

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Ignore List:

Skip Senile Bayless
    Max Kellerman
    Amin Elshitssan
    Kenyon Martin
    Jalen Rose
    Marcellus

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Guys...

Skip Bayless called Trevor Ariza an All Star. That really happened.

I need to go to the hospital. I've been laughing for 8 straight hours. Think I'm gonna die.

#1814 J Sizzle, Mar 27, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    split41, DonKnock, BigMaloe and 6 others like this.
  15. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

He's been a fan of Harden since last year. I think because Harden actually goes on his show lol

KlutchQT likes this.
  16. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

How selfish of a teammate must one be for Durant to leave and go and play second and third fiddle to a 72 win team?

Think about it, Durant left Seattle and had to settle for Oklahoma, yet never left.

Is Westbrook that terrible of a teammate that Durant went from being the "Man" (as he has been his whole entire career) to just being considered a ring chaser. What makes a guy ruin his great legacy in order to avoid having to play with Westbrook?

BigMaloe, Richie_Rich and DudeWah like this.
  17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Kawhi is gonna get a late push now that Westbrook is out of it.

18. Daddy Long Legs

stephen a smith came through so hard lol

19. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

KL is a baller.

I've been saying since late January that he was the biggest threat imo to harden winning MVP.

I think harden is going to win the MVP with a pretty wide gap.

Sorta like how many thought curry would win it 2 years ago over JH but that it would be really close. Then the votes came in and it was actually not close at all.

When the voters see the wins the elevation of team and then look at how dominate and historic season really was, it's a wrap.

Kevin Arnovitz (espn guy) was on NBA radio today and he even said that his vote is going to harden (he's a real voter) and that people aren't appreciating that harden is having one of the bests seasons in NBA history and his efficiency is so incredible for the volume and his fg% on 2pt shots is as good as Jordan's best 3 MVP seasons.

Harden is a beast and he's going to go down as one of the best 15-20
    Players to ever lace them up. Once we win a chip more ppl will come around.

Good times are coming guys. Harden is attracting the big dogs this summer and moving foward. We're going to stop the Warriors dynasty before it begins and harden is about to take throne from Lebron.

There a new king James in town and he sports and beard and Mohawk lol

Deuce, split41, DonKnock and 3 others like this.
  20. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Honestly, Harden deserves it, especially when they gave it to Curry over Harden two seasons back because GS was "the better team" instead of saying Harden was "more valuable to the team". ... but if they give it to WB you can't be too mad as the dude IS averaging a triple double. It's lame, but it's not like there's no argument for him.

Harden should have no insecurities at this point, dude is beyond awesome and everyone knows it. I'm sure he wants it, but he's no lesser of a player if they cheese out and give it to Westbrook. Still, I would consider that scenario one where James is getting jobbed judging by the criteria that has traditionally been used, particularly against him in his best season before this one.

DonKnock and Cash Cam like this.