1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden is gonna get screwed over again in MVP Voting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenTime, Jan 1, 2017.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Morey's probably gonna alienate some voters, but screw it.

2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

The funniest thing about this is the continued narrative that the Thunder are overachieving. According to who? They are pretty much exactly where everyone thought they would be when the season started.

The Jump morons have Leonard and Westbrook as their MVPs.

It is what we already knew. Westbrook is immune to anything because Triple Double. As long as he averages that it makes no difference what he or his team does at any particular time. Yesterday was apparently a showdown which Harden and the Rockets' decidedly dominated when it mattered, yet winning is now criticized.

The voters better get this **** right.

3. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Deserves its own thread.

I'm serious.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

I wish I could go on shows like The Jump, 1st Take, Undisputed, and SportsNation to defend Harden and make his case for MVP. These garbage Westbrook arguments are so easy to destroy.

5. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Amin said that Oscar didn't win the MVP when he averaged a triple double, but the guy who did win the MVP averaged 50 ppg which is a little bit harder than averaging a triple double. Wilt is the one who averaged 50 ppg that year, but he didn't win the MVP either...Bill Russell did while averaging 19 points and 24 rebounds. These guys don't even have their facts right. I can't take the stupidity anymore. I hate that these fools have a voice.

#1786 Reeko, Mar 27, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I think that's what makes it so frustrating. Nobody is on there to call them out.

DonKnock and Reeko like this.
  8. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

That's the first time I've heard someone nationally bring up the fact that Oscar didn't win the MVP that year and then they **** it up completely. Lol so stupid. If they say Bill Russell won it then it messes up the new MVP standards they are trying to push. Might as well go with alternative facts.

Richie_Rich, BigMaloe and Reeko like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

they're allowed to spread misinformation and alternative facts, and all u can do is just sit there and listen to them spew their nonsense

Pen15clubber and BigM like this.
  10. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

get this guy on The Jump, 1st Take, Undisputed, and SportsNation pronto

Deuce, Pen15clubber, HRox832 and 2 others like this.
  12. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Im all for harden MVP.

Ill fight that to the death. Harden is a team player and not a stat padder. I think his game is more suited to winning basketball

But i dont think its fair to say the thunders roster stacks up to ours. Morey and dantoni have assembled a team that is great for the modern nba.

Lou, anderson, gordon > kanter, oladipo, and abrines

Ariza> roberson.

Our 3 ball is so much danker than kanter/adams putbacks and rebounds.

DonKnock and Rodman23 like this.
  13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Seems weird to reward worse-built teams

14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Cowherd has done a complete 180 where Harden is concerned. I can't figure out whether Harden truly changed his mind about him, or if he really just dislikes Russ. Not sure I care which, tbh.

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, you need to pair Anderson with their starting 4, which is Gibson, not Abrines. That's like comparing Gibson with Brewer when we had him lol

And there's a lot of people (rightfully or not) who would pick Adams over Capela, Gibson over Ryan, Oladipo over Gordon and Kanter over Nene, but also McDermott or Sabonis over Dekker...

And i get what you're saying, but i mean, the overall talent is very similar on both rosters, both teams lack a second star or an all star caliber player. Yeah, we definitely have better shooters, but that doesn't mean anything by itself in the end, to win you need to score but also (especially in the playoffs) to play defense and get rebounds, and in these aspects OKC roster is better, they're longer, stronger, more athletic...but again, the two rosters are clearly different, but the overall talent is not imo, we basically have one better player coming off the bench.

BigMaloe likes this.
  16. Wylo

Wylo Member

We definitely have a better roster, but not to the extent that accounts for 9 or 10 win difference between the two teams. If you take out Harden and Westbrook from both teams and replace them with league average players, I'd say we are about 35 win team and OKC would win around 30 games.

The other part that doesn't get enough attention is that maybe we have a better roster because it is easier to build around James Harden. I've actually heard this argument with regards to Curry - which I have to admit, is pretty compelling one - that what kind of player you choose to have as the cornerstone of your franchise also determines what kind of role players you're going to pursue and attract. I think Curry (great shooter with excellent off-the-ball movement) and Harden (a great play-maker as well as an efficient scorer) each has qualities that makes it easier to build around a winning team compared to Westbrook (an athletic point guard, but not much else.)

I mean, I still to this day can't think of an ideal supporting cast for Westbrook. Shooters? Look at what happened with Durant and Ibaka. Bigs and defensive minded role players? Well, that's what WB has now. So how do you build around Westbrook, exactly? And should Harden be punished for having a style that works better with other players, and thus leading to having better teammates?

The way Harden and Westbrook each get their assists is also telling. Harden usually gets his dime by setting-up his teammates, or finding an open man. WB, on the other hand, usually gets his by creating a schism in defense by his sheer force alone, and when the defense breaks down he dishes out.

Westbrook's style of play is great for getting stats, but I'm not sure how it would fit in a more elaborate system. But one thing is for certain : Popovich would definitely prefer Harden over WB.

#1796 Wylo, Mar 27, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    Deuce, DonKnock, BigMaloe and 2 others like this.
  17. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Easiest debate for this OKC has a worst team excuse is, look at all the predictions before the season, and look at how the Rockets and Thunder fare to those predictions, the over/under from Vegas. Most analysts still had OKC as the 6th seed and around 44-45 wins which is what they are on par with. The Rockets were supposedly fighting for 8th spot and like 40-42 wins but yet 3rd seed pretty much locked and close to 60 wins. Just how ridiculous people forget so fast and change narrative.

split41, BigMaloe and Reeko like this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

you could also say that neither team has more than 1 star, but Harden's team is about to get the same amount of wins that OKC had last year when Westbrook was playing with KD and Ibaka

BigM likes this.
  19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

All the assholes that are playing up the fact that the Rockets are a better team than OKC also voted for Steph Curry in 2015 because "Best Player on the Bestest Team!" Hypocritical ****-wits.

Rodman23 and RockFanFirst like this.
  20. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I co-sign all of that