1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden is gonna get screwed over again in MVP Voting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenTime, Jan 1, 2017.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Lebron's defense has been awful too.

All of a suddenly Lebron getting these random legacy votes.

DonKnock and BigMaloe like this.
  2. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Players and coaches in the Eastern Conference should be left off the ballots.

Air Canada likes this.
  3. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Don't think it's been awful, but certainly not good. Not much better than Harden or Westbrook's for sure.

Every Lebron vote is basically a non-vote. A sign that they didn't pay attention to the season.

DreamShook likes this.
  5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

OKC has the easiest schedule out of the MVP candidate teams, they'll probably end up close to 50 wins and with WB guaranteed to get the triple-dbl, he's going to win the award.

Jazz, Clippers, Grizzlies all have been playing like garbage lately so it doesn't help. It's very possible that OKC can grab the 4th seed at this rate.

DudeWah likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

anyone who's voting for Lebron is voting for him due to the "he's the best player in the world" narrative...these are the people who would have voted for Jordan every single year and think that Lebron should be like an 8x MVP

Stormy1234 and Rocket River like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

He has a vote!

Stormy1234, BigMaloe and DreamShook like this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Greenberg always seems to try and shoehorn Harden into the MVP conversations. I appreciate that.

Deuce, Stormy1234 and Air Canada like this.
  9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Idk how anyone can vote for Lebron, his overall team record isn't even better than the Rockets and he plays in the fking cupcake East. Improvement in career stats is cool and all, but his average all lower than Harden. Last time i check u don't get mvp for improving.

If only every voter can think logically like Howard Beck, the obsession with rebound: 10 is so fking weird.
    HARDEN FOR MVP MVP MVP!

Stormy1234 likes this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

voting for Lebron=Lebron is the best player in the world and should be the MVP every year, I'd take Lebron over any player in the NBA...that is the mindset of the people who are voting for him (they might also bring up the Cavs being horrible when he doesn't play or is not on the floor but that should be more of an indictment on guys like Kyrie and Kevin Love)

11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm going to the game on Sunday, and I swear I'm gonna start an MVP MVP chant every ****ing time Harden touches the ball. Let's go!!!

12. HRox832

HRox832 Member

I hate when people say Westbrook is guaranteed to win the MVP if such and such happens. STOP SAYING THAT. Nothing will be guaranteed until the season's over and just because he's getting more love from the media, it doesn't necessarily mean he'll get more votes. From what we've seen so far, more media members are willing to give Harden a 1st place vote. The only reason WB is getting more love is because he's averaging a triple double.

The upcoming game vs OKC will be very important.

13. WestendMassive

I was listening to The Starters podcast the other day and JE Skeets said he would vote for Westbrook purely because Westbrook was his pick for MVP in the preseason and he wants to look smart.

He doesn't actually have a vote but I bet more than one person that does is going to take the same approach.

It isn't about who deserves MVP any more, it's more the media wants to look clever and fulfil the prophecy of their preseason picks.

Harden winning would be a nightmare for these idiots because they would have to admit they were wrong in their preseason forecasts, most of which have been conveniently forgotten as the narrative has changed to 'Russ has no help' and 'the rockets have better pieces around Harden'.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  14. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Baby triple double....lol.... Against the Sixers... They gotta be kidding me... They didn't pump up Hardens 50 pt triple double against Philly this much

Stormy1234 likes this.
  15. MistaK

MistaK Member

NICE!!...I can definitely support that. I'll join in :)

Stormy1234 likes this.
  16. mrm32

mrm32 Member

God bless you Howard Beck.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Adidas might finally be starting their "Harden for MVP" campaign

#1517 Reeko, Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It was never about anything other than this.

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Choose your metric, Wins, Stats, Advanced Stats, etc... Harden has them all!!!

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This is incorrect. Harden does not have the triple double average. Westbrook does. That's why Westbrook is the MVP. So I've been told.

#1520 J Sizzle, Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    ipaman and Daddy Long Legs like this.