1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Games] Mass Effect Andromeda

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

You must have not played good rpgs LMFAO. That game was so long and drawn out. It felt like a hassle to play. The story was trash origins was better.

2. Jmcballer88

Witcher 3 on the other hand was excellent

3. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I think they're fairly important from a story standpoint but won't drastically change the plot of inquisition much at all. I think it's very rewarding seeing the effects your choices be visible in such a tangible way.

You won't have to play 1 and 2 again because you can't carry over save files. There's an online system called the "tapestry" that lets you fill in every major (and a lot of minor) decision in the previous games.

The site is: www.dragonagekeep.com

That's the only way to carry over your decisions. It sounds awkward and like stuff might get left out, but nothing really does.

Without spoilering anything, a lot of characters from the previous games make appearances and have major roles.

I will say this. The game was very buggy when it first came out. I had issues back in the day. But since I picked it back up and they basically patched every issue, the game runs close to perfect now. I have had pretty much zero issues. This is actually what I'm hoping will happen with Andromeda.

Additionally, I enjoyed the dlc's for inquisition. EA had a publisher sale a while back and I got everything for a total of $15.

Furthermore, I like how you can mold your companions (and there are a lot of them) to different personality types and it actually translates to how the story develops in the game.

Overall, my sentiments are that this was a flawed game, especially concerning bugs when it was released. But giving it a break and playing it again after all the patches really made this into such a great game.

Bioware has not failed me yet. From kotor to jade empire to mass effect to dragon age. That's why I'm a bit disappointed right now in andromeda. But hopefully with patches, they get it sorted out down the line.

RudyTBag and Yung-T like this.
  4. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

This is not what I would expect a bleach fan boy to say. :p

5. Jmcballer88

Bioware hasnt failed you yet.....See mass effect 3 ending ???? LMAO

6. Jmcballer88

Dont disrepect Gin like that

joesr likes this.
  7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Still mad at them for pulling that crap, you make a trilogy that's supposedly all about your choices/shaping the universe and then every ending is pretty much the same bs. And the starchild thing was unbearable.

Pretty much killed my desire to play the games again.

8. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Yeah I saw it. It pissed me off. I didn't like the deus ex machina crap.

The dlc helped flesh it out.

The more I thought about it though, the destroy ending actually made a lot of sense. I can understand the logic. I ain't mad at it.

@Yung-T thats what I meant when I mentioned they learned from mass effect 3's flop in that regard. Inquisition is long. But your choices actually do matter.

And Inquisition has an 85-89 on metacritic. I don't see how that makes it "not a good rpg."

9. Jmcballer88

I love Mass effect 2 so much bioware pissed me off bad. Then these andromeda **** bro smh. Dont get me wrong I was giving Dude a hard time inquisition is a good game but I would not consider on Witcher 3s level. Dragon age 1 was amazing. Dragon age 2 was trash..

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I liked the ending
    it's better than Halo

11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Man let me tell you guys something.

I spent too much time on the witcher series. Like I legitimately think I logged about 600 hours. So long.

Also, I agree dragon age 2 was pretty trash. I honestly just think of it as a second dlc like awakenings in my mind. It makes it less trash lolol.

I played andromeda for about 30 mins last night and just couldn't do it. It just didn't look good. I'll revisit it in like a year or so.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Witcher 3 shouldn't be the bar when it comes to deciding whether a game is good or mediocre. The game is one of the best of all time.

CDrex and RudyTBag like this.
  13. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Agreed. The witcher 3 is really amazing.
    Dragon age 2 was terrible. And I did not play mass effect 3.

I will pick this up in a couple of months or years when it is cheaper and fleshed out. I am busy with for honor anyway (and divinity original sin 2 will.be available soon)

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The ending f****ed the hype, but Mass Effect 3 in itself was the best of the franchise to me, you should really play it.

15. PhiSlammaJamma

xbox one still has not made 2 and 3 available for download. So I'm out of luck. They have icons up but no download option in the list of compatible games. Bugger. Makes no sense. Those are the only 2 games where that weirdness exists.

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just popping in to say that I really enjoyed Dragon Age Inquisition, and I hope they make more games just like it.

CDrex and DudeWah like this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

You can get multiple endings for mass effect 3. My ending that I got , I was satisfied with.
    The journey to the end was fantastic.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

you can buy the xbox360 hard copies for like $10 each at game stop

19. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dark Souls ruined RPGs for me. Everything else seems inadequate now.

20. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

On the topic of Andromeda, I went ahead and purchased it on sale at DLgamer. I'm guessing given the reviews that even on sale I paid more than it's worth, but that's okay, I probably owe it to Bioware given that pre-Inquisition, I bought the 9 installments of BG/KOTOR/ME/DA for probably about a combined $60. I don't plan to play it until I get home from the temp assignment my company put me on next month.

On Inquisition, I can see why people were disappointed with it but given how slickly distilled the Bioware formula was by that point, it still ranks as one of my ten favorite games (please note, I don't think everyone should share my opinion - the very specific tropes of the Bioware RPG appeal specifically to what I like about gaming so like 8 of my top 20 are Bioware games). Agree with the assertion upthread that Inquisition has by FAR the best DLC the Dragon Age series has seen, and they even deign to discount it on occasion unlike past Mass Effect DLC.

The game definitely gets overly panned due to Witcher 3 thrashing it. It's a Drexler-Jordan situation. Yeah, Witcher 3 is stupidly good and no one can compete with it. Doesn't mean its contemporaries were trash.

RedNation and DudeWah like this.