1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden is gonna get screwed over again in MVP Voting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenTime, Jan 1, 2017.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The guy after him said he has it down to Harden or LeBron depending on how each does down the stretch. The way the Cavs have been playing lately(including tonight in Denver), I have to think that dude will wind up going with Harden.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

What Westbrook has done this year is truly amazing. I'll be honest, I never imagined that a player would actually average a triple double in this day and age. I didn't think that he'd be able to keep this up for an entire season. I thought that he'd fade and end up averaging like 30, 8, and 8. I'd give Westbrook the MVP over Harden for averaging a triple double....if Harden was averaging like 25, 5, and 5....or if the Rockets were 5th in the West and barely had a better record than OKC. The media keeps on glossing over the fact that Harden is almost averaging a triple double as well. His statline is just as insane. You can't sit here with a straight face and tell me that Westbrook should win the MVP over Harden for averaging 2 more points while taking over 5 more shots a game, 2 more rebounds, and having 8 more L's.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

This is more of what I'm hoping for. If Harden gets a 1st place vote and Bron gets a 2nd place vote, then that means that Russ is getting 3rd at best which really helps Harden's case. Those that aren't infatuated with the triple double will probably be putting Westbrook 3rd or 4th on their ballots because he's just not winning enough. Harden should be in most people's top 2...at least I hope.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Just like the 2016 Presidential campaign, I want this thing to be over. I'm exhausted.

5. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

If the result is as sh** as the 2016 election was, I'd rather it not

DonKnock and DudeWah like this.
  6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

you have to realize that Harden is considered the bad guy in this analogy. :D

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

JVG said he would vote Harden for MVP.. Guess what, JVG doesn't have a vote. of course.

8. mrm32

mrm32 Member

As much as I like Doris Burke I'm glad she doesn't have a vote.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Same. I'm a Doris Burke stan, but her opinions on this particular MVP race are disappointing.

10. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

T-Mac is a sellout saying that he'd vote for Westbrook :mad:

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

She's had a vote the last 2 years. She doesn't have one this year?

13. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

It's so weird I thought so many more people were leaning toward harden until recently?! Harden has been amazing recently and he got not love and these media pussys don't even watch the games

14. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Did not know this. Damn it.

15. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

People love stats lol.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

yeah, she voted for Curry over Harden in 2015 and of course voted for Curry last year...I'm pretty sure she has a vote again this year

17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

MVP MVP MVP worthy performance right here. i bet u this sht is going to circulate the media for the next few days.

Harden scores game winner vs Denver, the media puts down his heroic play by saying Nuggets not even playing D or just ignore the play all together. I might be a bias homer and all, but media riding solely one person's **** brings back memories of when Harden lost the MVP the first time around.

18. jayfree

jayfree Member

I agree. Contact me when we can call Harden the MVP-elect!

19. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

T-mac has been always an ******* when it comes to the rockets, despite getting paid **** load of money while sitting half of his career here.

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I hope Harden completely dismantles Westbrook on Sunday. But who the **** am I kidding?? The gaping assholes that make up sports media won't give two flying *****. The only way Sunday matters is if Westbrook has a good game.

slothy420 likes this.