1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Approval at 55%! Go Trump!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocketman1981, Feb 16, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Wow... I think the republicans and Trump should hold another parade based on this huge (yuge) news.

or maybe not, since (1) Trumps numbers are significantly lower than past presidents. And (2) congress favorability was way below President Obama's throughout his two terms. And finally (3) the republican congress numbers are not all that higher than the democrats (barely above the error). So maybe you better hold off on that parade (Trump would probably lie about the parade numbers anyway).

2. Nook

Nook Member

Approval numbers in early 2017 mean very little.

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Also keep in mind that Dem's bad polling numbers RIGHT NOW signals that a large number of DEMOCRATS here aren't happy with the job that the Democrats are doing, BUT that doesn't mean that they aren't going to ultimately support the Democrats cause.

You'd be foolish to think that Democrats are jumping off the voting bandwagon and about to launch into approval of Trump & Republicans.

More than likely the low Dem approval rating has to do with folks on the Left thinking the Democratic party ISN'T DOING ENOUGH TO FIGHT TRUMP. This is due to the fact that the Dems have been gutted into virtually no power on the hill except for obstruction, and you still have the same ole same Pelosi/Schumer nice guy Democrats not doing a damn thing.

With a new Democratic chair & especially if Ellison is given alot of power as sort of a co-chair, I think you'll see a more aggressive party that drives that approval rating up quite a bit. But ultimately they are going to have to win back a ton of seats & take back the house in 18 for Democratic voters to be happy with their party. Right now they see a party that is getting run the F#$% over by a freight train off its tracks while the Dem leadership just waves politely. Kind of understandable numbers.

4. NewRoxFan

37%? LOL!

Poll: Trump job approval hits new low
    http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/324718-poll-trump-job-approval-rating-hits-new-low

5. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

My guess is these are the same polls that had Hillary winning easily.

OOPS

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

It is important to remember, that only the polls that cast President Trump in a positive light are real. Every poll that casts him in a negative light must be false.

#understandingpolls #fakenews #alternatefacts

Eric Riley and Deckard like this.
  7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

A serious case of buyers remorse.
    Face it: We have an unqualified piece of trash as president and the American public is having a serious case of buyers remorse. Your boy is pathetic.

I said before the election Hillary would have the shortest "honeymoon" of any president in modern history. Trump has blown away anything I thought was possible. Just amazing.

Deckard likes this.
  8. bigtexxx

I didn't vote for trump, as I've said many times. I seriously believe Trump is more qualified than Obama was, however. Obama was in way over his head and was massively helped out by the federal reserve's interest rate policies, rather than anything if his own doing.

9. bigtexxx

So after the election, you're still clinging to polls accuracy? Learn to learn and adapt.

10. bobrek

President Trump adapts positively to polls that paints him in a positive light. Learn to see the whole picture and adapt.

11. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Looks like they poll by calling 500 people a day, and randomly select online also (which is impossible - it's a self selected sample at that point and thus completely worthless). That's why it fluctuates so much by their system.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Maybe you didn't vote for Trump but it's clear you support him.

If you really think Trump is more qualified than any president over the last 50 years, you are either clueless or delusional. Or both. Saying this after he's been in office for 2 months means it's probably both.

Spare me the garbage of downplaying good that happens with Dem presidents and giving all praise to Republicans. It just proves you are an unthinking, partisan hack. Try reading a book on objectivity and taking it to heart.

CometsWin likes this.
  13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The polls were accurate overall. Hilary had a 2% advantage which the election results bared out. 80,000 votes determined the election. That is .05% of the electorate. So if we randomly pick people in subset of the overall population you might get a mean that deviates from the true population.

Amiga likes this.
  14. bobrek

So, why didn't bigtexxx acknowledge that the OP should "learn and adapt" when he posted this positive poll result?

Eric Riley likes this.
  15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

We are getting to an interesting spot with the approval ratings for the market. I've forgotten the exact percentage but I believe once presidential approval ratings get below 35% then we see pretty massive underperformance in the market. I'll have to find the chart but it was an interesting one.

Just found it! It's a small sample size but just kind of interesting to note this along with market underperformance under Republican administrations. The market is also certainly on the overvalued side right now as well. We will see where things go!

[​IMG]

16. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

I think you're mixing up the cause and effect here. When the market is down, people are unhappy and blame the administration, leading to low approval ratings.

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I'm not mixing anything up. I'm just pointing out some interesting numbers. I don't know if there is anything tradable here but it is interesting to note. Also, in this case we are seeing a strong market in the face of rapidly declining approval numbers.

18. NewRoxFan

LOL. Can't even be honest about who you voted for.

Though I understand why... declining polls, driven by failures such as his failing healthcare plan that even members of his own party won't back; not one but two failed Muslim bans that the courts stopped; embarrassments with key allies England, Sweden, Mexico, Australia, and Germany; a boondoggle wall that he promised Mexico would pay for but will cost American taxpayers billions of dollars (that won't deter illegal immigration anyway); vapor programs to fulfill promises to grow jobs through infrastructure projects and to address the complicated tax code; a number of embarrassments involving cabinet members including one working for a foreign government and meeting with Russians and another being a Nazi; a constant stream of embarrassments involving Trump's own lies including the number of people a his inauguration, mythical terrorist attacks, and the most pathetic lies about the former President wiretapping his hotel.

Wow... I'd be embarrassed if I voted for him too. Especially considering how lazy he is... spends all his time at the golf course (10 times in eight weeks?) instead of working on reaching across the aisle and working with Democrats to get things done. Why can't he do the hard work to succeed? No wonder former President Obama seems to rule your thoughts.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Can you explain to me how a person who uses cable news as a primary source for nuanced geopolitical information is more qualified to be POTUS than a constitutional law professor who loves nuance and actually reads multiple pages of intelligence reports because he's a educated enough adult to understand that cable news is entertainment and not an entity to base your ****ing policies over.

You have to be trolling.

#119 fchowd0311, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  20. Indaface

Indaface Member

Nah just a republican