1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Running Tally of the Outlandish and Unsubstantiated Claims made by the Trump Administration

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dharocks, Mar 13, 2017.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Is there a limit to how long a post can be? A character limit or some such? I guess the OP is going to test that limit...

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When you resort to attacking people personally, you've lost the argument.

bobrek and dharocks like this.
  3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I'm thankful I'm too old to go fight whatever BS war is coming down the pike.

4. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

No kidding. Trump's lies grow every single day. The great thing is that the source of all of these lies is Donald's mouth. It isn't FOX News, or the New York Times. It's Donald's own tongue.

5. dmoneybangbang

BigTexx has become unhinged!

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

That is ground for libel. This man is even more disgusting on the inside than outside.

7. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Has he? I think he just trolls the webs looking for attention cause his real life must be fn boring.

8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You can't make up this level of incompetence and low ethics. Trump and his cronies lie about any and everything... unnecessarily.

B-Bob likes this.
  11. hlcc

hlcc Member

He just doubled down yet again on his claim. During his meeting with Merkel today, he just claimed yet again that Obama wiretapped him.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39310801

12. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

It is insane to think of all of these lies and outlandish comments that all happened in less than 2 months. That is a really disgraceful kind of tally.

13. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not trying to insult the guy – completely serious - is there any way Trump has the beginnings of Alzheimer's or some other type of dementia?

Do you have to take some sort of mental fitness test before being sworn in as president? Or could we elect someone suffering from paranoid schizophrenia or is manic-depressive or something?

The other part of me is wondering if he's intentionally clowning it up with outlandish statements every day to distract the electorate from all the nefarious crap he's turning into law. That would actually be a pretty good strategy if you wanted to screw over the people. Distract them with a buffoon who makes outlandish statements in the newspaper everyday while your evil policies are relegated to a footnote on page 5.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  14. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

This is like the dark timeline in Back to the Future 2 with Biff Tannin.

B-Bob likes this.
  15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Trump has been this way all of his life. Early onset Alzheimer?

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

In my opinion, Mr. Trump's (I'll call him "President Trump" when the man starts to act like one) behavior has become so bizarre, so erratic, so damaging to the country, pushing to the boundaries of mental instability, that starting a war to boost his standing with the public doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility. There are several spots where he could find or invent a reason for a war in this world. My sons are 21 and 25. I'm concerned about their future. Hell, I fear for our country's future.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This is one of the cases folks are really going to smh after they cast their votes for him..... not incl. those few on this board.

18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

We also need to add Tump's cover up attempt that wiretapping was in quotes so it means something different to the lies and outrageous claims. Trump said this in the same twitter fit
    So [tapp my phone] was not in quotes. That means Trump meant exactly what he said there.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Lots of psychologists have weighed in on this over the past year, and the consensus always comes back to a textbook Narcissist or NPD.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/brainstorm/201701/shrinks-battle-over-diagnosing-donald-trump

Alzheimers, or Dementia... I doubt it, but he is 70 years old. The one thing that is certain is that he's certainly not going to change his personality at this point in his life. His personality traits and temperament will only unravel more and more. I will say though, my grandfather at this stage of his life did change after having heart surgery and having a brush with death (before that the 10 years prior he was becoming more and more of a dick). I did have some hope that Trump could change after maybe meeting with parents of soldiers who died at his hand (sending them to war), or maybe being exposed to the seriousness of life and death decisions that haunt a normal president, but so far, I don't see that having an affect on him. Even the Yemen raid situation didn't seem to change his tone.

As for a "Trump Strategy" you mentioned (make outlandish statements to distract)... I see this talked about all the time, and I have to say I think Trump is just being Trump. He's addicted to getting a rise out of people, and being provocative but I doubt a master plan.

Case in point- The Obama Wiretapping Tweetstorm.

The narrative was that Trump must have been trying to change the headlines from the Russia story, but the fact is the Obama wiretapping at the end of the day WAS THE RUSSIA STORY. If Obama was able to find probable cause to present to a federal judge thats really really bad news for Trump if/when that comes out to the public. Why would Trump want to talk about a wiretap being put on him in the first place? It just makes no sense if you buy into the deflection theories.

The most likely scenario is Trump reads an article on Breitbart, or watches FoxNews and Tweets some BS to get a rise out of people and give air to conspiracy theories because Trump simply enjoys being the center of attention, and if he's not being applauded he wants to be a martyr and a victim. That's IT.... dude is a Narcissist with no master plan, but to live in the moment and be a clown.... its pretty damn simple when you dissect it and break it out.

20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

While this one really deserves a new thread and title... perhaps, "Really stupid things Trump said, tweets or does that pisses off allies"...

'That's not how it works': Trump's grasp of Nato questioned after Merkel tweets
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/18/trump-merkel-nato-germany-owe-money-tweet