1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden ranked 1st in 106 media members (not all MVP voters) poll

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RockWest, Mar 16, 2017.

1. rockets13champs

Honestly if Harden won MVP I would be so happy.

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

We need a viral video of Russ leaving shooters, not contesting, and flying in for rebounds. James "defense" video killed him with the media and fans across the country so all is fair in love and war. someone who has the skills and loves their rockets/harden should do this. I can't but I will donate to the tipjar in the name of whomever does.

DonKnock and Fyreball like this.
  3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

At least a 97% chance "Pussytoning Cupcake" was crying out for Curry to win the award in 2015.

DonKnock and BigMaloe like this.
  4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Seriously, this. I'll donate $25 to the tipjar if someone can do this.

DonKnock, ipaman and BigMaloe like this.
  5. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Harden has done it before.

To CP3, no less. :D

DonKnock, BigMaloe and mrm32 like this.
  6. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I'll add another $25 if it can be done by Sunday. Lol

ipaman and BigMaloe like this.
  7. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

I am just afraid the rockets lose a few games and end up with a 53-54 win record and Westbrook goes on tear and wins 48 games.. and the record delta doesnt look too bad.. we are seeded 3rd and they are still 5th or 6th.. but from here on out, OKC has to go 11-3 to win 50 games (doable) at the way he is playing and rox can kind of stumble, finishing 7-7.. Keep in mind we started 31-9 and since then have been 16-12

8. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

If Harden gets 20 tripple doubles of his own, and averages above 8 rebounds, while retaining over 11 assist and 29 points, and rox remain atleast 8 games ahead he will be clearly ahead.

9. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I think I have a pretty good idea who it was :rolleyes:

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=18934160

10. Fyreball

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This is the beautiful fallback that the media has created for Westbrook. They've ignored preseason expectations that universally had the Thunder finishing higher than the Thunder featuring better players.

Houston losses are viewed through a lense where Harden doesn't come through for his team, while OKC losses are viewed as teammates not coming through for Westbrook. On the other hand, wins are expected from Houston, so any win is just them performing at the level they're supposed to, while wins from OKC are treated as Westbrook willing his team against all odds.

So you're right. If the Thunder do close the gap to a respectable 4-6 wins, instead of realizing that this shows Houston drastically outperforming expectations + the Thunder themselves, this will be likely be used as a reason by some to show that "Westbrook just kept his team alive. Willed his team to exceed expectations" even if their win total is pretty much exactly what it was expected to be in the preseason.

LonghornFan likes this.
  12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Pretty spot on, really in terms of the media narrative. conspiracy.

DonKnock likes this.
  13. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

If you actually listen to the pod, they all have Westbrook, LeBron, and Kawhi over Harden because "History" and "2 way players>> 1 way players"

They also say they wouldn't give it to Westbrook if he got 9.9 assists, acknowledge how stupid this position is, then disregard this realization.
    :rolleyes:

14. Fyreball

I know, I'm just messing with you. If I hear Rachel Nichols act shocked during a Harden defensive highlight one more time this season, I might have a stroke. Those 4 are the biggest culprits of Box Score Analysis I've ever seen. It's like they're incapable of changing their perceptions once they've been set.

DonKnock likes this.
  15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Do we have any evidence that Westbrook plays better defense than Harden? That Westbrook as a "2 way player?"

@DonKnock no chance of me listening to that pod, so thanks for the summary.

DreamShook and DonKnock like this.
  16. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Here's Harden's MVP speech on TNT. Who is that guy in the #25 jersey...?

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Would love to listen to this podcast with an all female panel, but I know their opinions would leave me angry and dumbfounded.

If Doris Burke was in there I would have clicked the link. Even if Doris didn't pick Harden as MVP, or had a differing opinion to mine, she would at least have a good reason.

DonKnock likes this.
  18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Doris has Harden as the MVP. Vid from December.

mrm32, Tha_Dude and DonKnock like this.
  19. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Westbrook's Defensive RPM is better than Harden's but they're both in the negatives, and the stat is formulated by comparing against a player's position league average, which they have Harden as a SG.

20. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Cassidy Hubbarth came out as the most objective and insightful. She actually had to remind Nichols that she had done a pro-Harden segment recently :rolleyes:

Beadle's main contribution to the brief Harden discussion was: "Is he still dating Ashanti..." o_O