1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Off Season Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

I'm not worried about the on-the-field; they'll end up throwing each other under-the-bus after every loss. Cutler being fiery might mean he might take a swing lol (obviously i'm exaggerating)

2. Fantasma Negro

Good, they're being realistic and not painting themselves into corners with delusions

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

That probably means Savage is a border line pro bowler

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Um....yeah, he supposed to be chained to his desk 24 hours a day. There is no such thing as cell phones.

clutch citizen likes this.
  5. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

If we lose out on Romo, I think we are going to sign Cutler.

6. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Cutler, Savage, Rookie, Chase in that order.

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

Maybe he was courting an agent there. Or maybe he was spending quality time with family.

clutch citizen likes this.
  8. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Was just kidding. But to your point, lots of things happen during odd hours of the day in free agency. If anything, it might be telling how relaxed Rick Smith during the initial stage of free agency. It might not be the case, but he may already have the game plan laid out (which is becoming apparent as each day passes). Wait for the market to settle down, then engage. Also wait for Romo and how much of our cap he will take. In the meantime, i have time to catch a game. Which I'm perfectly fine with. I just want Hop and maybe Clowney to get extended.

9. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Yikes

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Another OT on the market

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

Domestic violence issues. Don't hold your breath, Texans fans.

12. raining threes

Do you think the Texans FO is working as hard as the Pats/Tacks/Jags or Colts FO THIS offseason?

Sure doesn't look that way to me and yes he should be chained to the desk during the first two weeks of FA. I actually would prefer Ricky McNair be chained to a bathroom stall during the draft process.

BTW, what has Ricky done in FA?

I hope he enjoyed the damn game.

13. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Seems to me that they are waiting on wave 2 FAs, to ensure we get 3 compensatory picks next year. Honestly not a bad strategy.

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

What about the seahawks or the Steelers or the Falcons? You can't just pick the most active teams for your comparison to make your team look bad. Not every team is going crazy.

#1054 Nimo, Mar 13, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

U dont know the Texans' plan. U are not supposed to. D-Hop will get extended in the Summer. Clowney will get the 5th year option picked up. As FA, signing someone just to seem active is Dumb. Bouye, Demps ,and Simon are not big losses. Getting rid if Brock is already the big free agency move.

Yaosthirdleg and CallMeTheDream like this.
  16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

He's actually done really well,especially if you count undrafted free agents.

Joseph,Demps, Wilfork, Antonio Smith (twice, technically), John Simon, Lamar Miller, etc. And that's not anybody that was a UDFA.

17. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

There is no doubt that Rick has been working just as hard as any other GM...signing someone or not signing them isn't an indication that work wasn't put in. Do you think the Brock trade materialized in 20 minutes? What about negotiations with Bouye? We offered 12.5 million per year. I'm sure there was a lot of work to figure out the logistics. Most importantly, which players that have signed, would you have liked the Texans to sign, given our cap space, QB situation, and keeping in mind the upcoming contracts for Hopkins and Clowney. I'm genuinely interested to see what we could have done that would have us in a better situation than we are in right now.

Yaosthirdleg and Two Sandwiches like this.
  18. Fantasma Negro

Way too many concussions, pass

19. raining threes

I woud like Rick to sign Wahington's OT Nsekhe. (2nd rd tender)

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He went after his GF with a hammer. Not really a McNair guy.