1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Game Action: 3/11/2017

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jazz running out of time

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

good.
    [​IMG]

juanm34 and J.R. like this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

best free throw ever

4. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Say, weren't you gonna change your avatar to Stefan?

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

See you trying to be funny. I'm the original.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Kept at bay by WBrook.

Stephane gets the goodies.

7. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

None of the Utah starters hit double figures lol

8. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Rockets back to 4 games above the Jazz

9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

What's up with these golden state warriors?

There so soft and mentally weak. They lose 4 out of 6 games and now there crying about schedule makers, crying about officials crying about everything.

Iggy is making slavery comments in the locker room.

You know what this tells me?

This team really thought everyone was going to fold over and just hand them the trophy.

This team is fragile KD or no KD they can be beat.

You get them on the ropes in a series or even just a end of game and you can beat them and prob have the advantage.

The media and casual fans entitled this team and now they don't know what to do when things go south.

I don't here the rockets complaining about having the most road games to start a season in 54 years or a top 10 most road games through 50 games in league history.

Our record should be up there with Spurs and golden state right now fighting for that 1 seed.

Ohh well we'll kick there ass on there own floor.

No respect for the Warriors hope everything bad happens to them.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I told people the other night to not be worried about the Jazz. They all play out of their minds against the Rockets for some reason. It's whatever, we won't play them unless we make it to the WCF and they do as well which seems unlikely to say the least.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm not surprised at all the Jazz lost at OKC without Gobert. I think he is more valuable to them than most people realize.

If he misses Monday against the Clippers, they will lose again and be safely in the Rockets' rear-view mirror.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Love me a fired up angry JVG. :)

Mark: It's wrong. I understand Steve Kerr's mentality as a coach. I understand the mentality as a player. To me, look at the fans. It devalues the importance of the fans. The ones paying hard earned money to see this game & the ones at home watching this basketball game. Gotta do a better job protecting them.

JVG: Teams have to do what they feel is right but that the league allows it, to me, turns it into a fiasco. The culpability is on the league office that allows it. The schedule the Warriors are playing is insane. That they now allow it to be on national TV devalues our product. It's wrong in so many areas. The Warriors & the league should refund the money here tonight.

I need a spa day too. You know who needs a spa day? My brother. Look at him.

You just take a shot at your brother?

He needs a spa day.

JVG: Once again, the fans are told you don't matter. Pay up us front, we'll take your money & give you whatever product we want to.

MJ: It devalues the fan but also the regular season. As a coach, I'm trying to send a message that every game is important & we're suiting up not our best lineup.

JVG: If sports science has a beat on what's healthy for the players, they need to tell the league how many games that is healthy for players to play & only play that many games. If it's 65, cut our schedule back to 65.

Breen: One thing for sure, we know the length of the schedule will never be cut.

JVG: Why not though? If we're talking player wellness & player health & that's the number one thing, how can we say that and then play this many games when it's not healthy for the guys?

MB: No question but that means both players & owners will have to say we'll make less money. ​

#32 J.R., Mar 11, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    RocketWalta and Vivi like this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

GSW going to regret this.

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Is SAS playing 4 on 5?

[​IMG]

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

No, but they would probably still win just the same.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Poor Kiwi, has no help, no other all-stars. Doing it all by himself. Gregg Popovich just riding Kiwi's coattails. Kiwi - MVP - give it to him.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Kerr playing checkers while Pop is playing chess.

Fooled Kerr into resting every useful player he had with some kind of mind trick. If the Warriors lose 1st seed by a game or two they will be kicking themselves for this.

18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Having Rudy in the middle allows other guys the luxury to stay home on shooters. I think that's the difference.

Deuce likes this.
  19. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i'm glad jvg said it for me. there are so many things i don't get about it.

a) why doesn't the league office "make it clear" behind the scenes that they want people playing in primetime games. ultimately it's on the league office for letting stuff like this happen.

b) why is the league office determined to stick it to its tv partners? i mean i guess if they're going to keep paying exorbitant rights fees, who cares. but why keep having saturday night games if lebron and steph and everybody else is going to target those specific games as rest games. yes, it was bad luck that durant, leonard, and aldridge all have injuries, but still ridiculous.

c) why do the coaches/teams seemed determined to stick it to the league? they are so brazen. kerr couldn't rest guys last night? he saves it for the primetime game against the other best record in the league? for what point? is he giving back the millions of dollars he's made from this league, marketing and schedule and all? or at least the check from this game since he didn't care about it? if not, shut the **** up about unfair schedules and play your players in the biggest games. no one cares if you rest them yesterday. what's the point of doing it today? why make the league that pays you look bad on national tv? sports science says we shouldn't play so much but we all like money so much we're not going to shorten the schedule but screw the league for making us play. stfu.

d) why do the coaches/teams seemed determined to stick it to the fans. why care so little for the fans who ultimately you should want on your side, for all sorts of reasons, the most obvious of which is money?

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

When harden losses this MVP I hope he gets pissed and lashes out on the court. I've never seen him pissed though.