1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016-2017] Donatas Motiejunas as a New Orleans Pelican

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Snow Villiers, Jan 1, 2017.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

This LOL I mean sure we can use a 3 pt shooting big man...but DMO isn't that dude he only had 1 year where he shot over 30% on 3s. What kind of stretch big man shoots less than 30% from the 3? That's like saying you're shot blocking C because you block a shot every 10 games.

Dude doesn't defend, doesn't shoot, doesn't rebound and doesn't score efficienctly. Stick a fork on DMo he is done, at least for this year #brokeback. Maybe after 1 offseason of recovery and rehab he might play like his old self again.

vator and Pen15clubber like this.
  2. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Man we've been really lucky. Parsons, Bosh and DMo....ugh.

I do feel bad for Bosh though. He's a good dude and great player who caught a terrible break. Parsons is a douche and DMo is an idiot. No sympathy from me

roslolian, vator and RasaqBoi like this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Durant

wink3 and ROXonROXonROX like this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is a matter of consistent minutes, when he gets them he performs, when they are inconsistent he struggles.

DD

lnchan and hakeem94 like this.
  5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

he gets paid to be ready

tbw914, roslolian and juanm34 like this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yeah, thats it... it would be great if he had ability like trez to perform great whenever inserted in the lineup out of blue

tbw914 and Jayzers_100 like this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Morey tried really hard to give DMO Les' money. I really think Morey wanted to do right by DMO knowing he wasn't worth the trouble or the money.

8. King1

He doesn'tget consistent miutes because he hasn't played well enough to earn them. He's glued to the bench for a reason. Gentry is coaching for his job. If he felt DMo was good enough to help them win games he would be playing.

You just can't get out of your own way on guys you are huge fans of. Parsons, VSpan, DMo have all proved this. We all like certain players but at some point you have to be realistic.

jae713 and roslolian like this.
  9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Excuses coming in for DoMo's ineptness almost at the level of the Lin fans' excuses.

Quite shocking.

hakeem94 and roslolian like this.
  10. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

If he hasn't gotten consistent minutes four out of five years that's on him. Minutes follow performance, not the other way around.

11. DaDakota

I love narratives that are complete bullshit like this one.

Parsons - said we should have matched him, and do think when healthy he is better than Ariza.

VSpan - just wanted him to play and see if he could replace a crap player like Alston - nothing more.

Dmo - like him as a role player - who makes teams better.

However, stupid folks can't understand context and stupid narratives pop up...don't be stupid.

DD

12. King1

Lol at resorting to petty name calling. Your track record on talent evaluation speaks for itself but if you want to see stupid just take a look in the next mirror you walk by

I won't even touch on having over 100, 000 posts on an Internet message board

13. DaDakota

Loving a team and posting about it on a message board is fine - I can't help it that I have more free time than most, that I retired at 42 years old for a few years after selling my company, and surfed a bunch...to much really.

But I can call BS, BS.....when people leap to conclusions and create fake narratives. I evaluate talent just fine, but people latch on to role players I like that play the game the way I like...team oriented passing.

But I have no illusions that they are more than role players.

DD

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Gawd damn, DD. Savage humble brag. My knees are weak.

15. vator

vator Contributing Member

Another DNP. Smh. This year sucks for him. At least fire your agent dude. #smallvictory

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

D-Mo is not a stretch anything, stop fooling yourselves. He has never averaged even 1 3-pt made per game in his career. and his percentages from 3 pt sucks.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Wuuut? Nothing wrong with having 100k posts on CF. DD will forever be in my Clutchfans Hall of Fame for this.

lnchan and hakeem94 like this.
  18. DaDakota

DD = DeDicated.

DD

19. Postpremium

Postpremium Member

Well I can call BS, too. Quit creating the fake narrative that Dmo was an asset! To be an asset you have to be worth something. Dmo only got ONE offer after he became an unrestricted free agent, and it was the pro-rated veteran minimum! That is not an asset, that is an NBA scrub! And his play has proven it. So....I call BS on your fake narrative.

tbw914 likes this.
  20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Sad part about DMo . . . .. Before Free agency . . . he should have moved to PARSON's agent
    DMo could be getting Parson's money next year

Serious . . . . Two Rockets show the EXTREMES of how important your agent is

Rocket River

Easy and DreamShook like this.