1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Should Invite Putin to White House ASAP

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ipaman, Mar 5, 2017.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

If the meeting goes well, leads to some common ground agreement, maybe a historic treaty of some kind. Any of that would expose anyone who continued to bash Russians and Putin. Any of that would also be great for the Russian people, American people, and the rest of the world frankly. We've got real enemies, we don't need the media to create more. And before you say "they were hacking, blah blah," we do it too if not worse. So cut the bullshit, make friends, and fight our real enemies.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

This is not clear.

In fact, at this point, congress and the American people should favor that this president and administration should hold off on any significant action, but especially involving Russia. This president has criticized and expressed his own doubts on America's intelligence community (both foreign and now domestic), so why in the world would either Trump or anyone else want a significant foreign engagement.

But more important, there are too many questions about U.S. - Russian relations involving this president and many people in his administration. A majority of Americans and a growing number of congressmen are calling for an independent investigation and until those questions are answered it would be foolish to engage Putin for any substantive discussions.

Trump should have considered this before his recent social media attacks...

wouldabeen23 likes this.
  3. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Lets see those tax returns.

4. ipaman

Create your own tread about tax returns or delete your account.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Typical Trumpkin line of thinking. They are obviously new to American Politcs and their Republican party.

If you put Putin in a room with American politicians, media, etc. its not the "LIBTARDS" you'd have to worry about. Its not the media (because he'd just lie about his numerous crimes & would make sure the state media gets to ask the questions).... Its the Republicans you have to worry about. Putin doesn't have the balls to sit there and get berated and called out by the likes of a John McCain & every other Republican who has spent decades fighting a cold war, policy war, and cyber war against Putin's Russia. He doesn't want to have to answer for his numerous war crimes either.

The Liberals and the media are likely the ones to be soft about Putin honestly. Typical liberals want everyone to get along and sing kumbaya. The Republicans have a LONG HISTORY with Putin, Russia, and the Soviet Union. Those are the ones you gotta worry about if you put them in a room with Putin to tell it like it is.

It would also be a slap in the face to the Intelligence & Military community who have been working for years to combat Russian hostility and protect our country from a cyber & intelligence perspective to flaunt Putin in their faces in the White House as a new friend.

I have friends that work in the intelligence field and you would not believe how much of their lives are spent going after Russian & Chinese hacking and electronic Terrorism/criminal behavior.

And we all know that Trump can get along with Putin and does get along with Putin. Why do we need a photo opp of Putin in the White House to tell us what we already know?

It speaks to the flat out Ignorance of Trump's base that someone from his clan would even suggest something as dumb as this. You need to go do some homework about the United States - Russia relationship & Vladamir Putin's authoritarian regime before you start spatting off this nonsense. 99% of your own political leaders in your party disagree with you & your newfound Putin love.

The Enemy of the My Enemy (in this case Liberals) is not always your friend. Putin wants to F our country in the A$# & dismantle NATO and all you care about is pissing off 60% of your fellow Americans. True American Patriot you are.

AkeemTheDreem86 and wouldabeen23 like this.
  6. Chilly_Pete

No.

London'sBurning and sirbaihu like this.
  7. ipaman

I think it's crystal clear but we can disagree.

This meeting helps resolve questions, not create more imho. Let me clarify, the first meeting doesn't have to be a major summit, just a brief "everyone calm your t*** the Russians are human beings too" meeting. That paves the way for more significant foreign engagements but you have to start somewhere. In the process it calms the rabid media down on the Russia front which helps that cause further. They can get back to covering policy, etc...

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I suspect most "liberals" are not against improved relations with other countries in principle. But what are the terms, and are they beneficial not just to Russia, not just to the US, but to world-wide security?

As for the hacking stuff, that can't just be ignored if true. If there was a breach, we need to investigate what happened and ensure it does not happen in the future. Part of that needs to be exposing countries that attempt such attacks on our democratic institutions. I acknowledge that we probably would do the same thing in their position, and I'm not in favor of this attitude (shared across both parties) of moral superiority. On that, maybe we're in alignment.

JayGoogle likes this.
  9. ipaman

Okay let's keep hating each other for the next 100 years. Hopefully our American great grandchildren and Russian great grandchildren will hate each other too! :rolleyes:

Who knew recognizing cultural and political differences but trying to find common ground was ignorance. I guess you want to spread American Freedom all over the world by force if necessary.

One last point I need to address. Our intelligence and military leaders NEED A SLAP IN THE FACE! They facking spy on everyone including Americans in the name of Freedom and Safety. Whatever espionage the Russians are Chinese are capable of is peanuts to what we do.

10. NewRoxFan

No duh we disagree. Since day one you have defended Trump no matter what he said or did.

But again, there can be no meeting with Putin or Russia while there are so many questions about Trump - Russia relationship and any influence Russia has had on U.S. elections and the current president and administration. Once those questions are answered via an independent investigation as called for by a majority of Americans and a growing number of congressmen then the United States can move forward with such meetings with Putin.

11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Yeah, before slapping intelligence and military leaders in the face and flushing the media and DC politicians down the toilet, first we'd better focus like a laser on OBAMA and why he wiretapped Trump. Unless he installed the devices in Trump Tower with his own two hands, there must have been some people who found probable cause to do so. We'd better get to the bottom of that.

Just between you and me, I think it would be best just to execute the intelligence and military leaders and media and DC politicians. I am looking across the river at the huge DC toilet at this very moment. (jk about the execute thing. Have you seen those slapping machines? Trump can special order one 14k gold plated.)

12. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

the best way for trump to end the russia speculation would be for him to release his tax returns.

on that note, does anyone else think he should release his tax returns?

the ability to see trumps tax returns would go a bigly long way to resolving the issues surrounding his ties to russia.

TAX RETURNS

AkeemTheDreem86 and Chilly_Pete like this.
  13. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I'm starting to get the feeling that ipaman likes to be the D&D contrarian

14. Chilly_Pete

Yes it would end the speculation. If he has nothing to hide, then he should. His die-hard followers don't care if he didn't pay any taxes. But it would go along way to show he has no compromising ties to Russian businesses.

AkeemTheDreem86 likes this.
  15. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

the meeting should go well, all Trump has to do is agree to give the former Soviet Union states back to Russia.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You make the assumption Russia wants a peaceful world in the first place. I guess you believe the Russia propaganda that they are just being picked on by the rest of the western world.

This, exactly.

For example. We could make "Peace" with ISIS...but the terms would obviously not be worth it.

17. ipaman

The real feeling you've missed is that D&D has become an liberal echo chamber full if uninformed and incorrect positions. That's why it appears that I'm contrarian but I'm not. Contrarians don't know what they want, only what they don't. I know what I want.

18. ipaman

Russian parents love their kids and Russian kids lover their parents. We have more in common then history would have you believe. You can't say the same thing about ISIS so you should not make peace. Again, let's not create powerful fake enemies unnecessarily when we have real enemies to deal with. Focus on what "we" agree with not where we differ. Everyone should find and focus on common ground to walk on.

19. NewRoxFan

Oh, we get it it. You supported Trump going into the election, you voted for him, and now, you are doubling down in an effort to out RocketLegends supporting him, no mater how embarrassing it is for you. So you blame the media, the "liberal echo-chamber", America's intelligence gathering community, the previous President and administration, and anyone else that presents "alternative facts" that prove you chose poorly in November.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Let me guess, they are wrong because they are liberal...

Hey, I'm not really sure what that means. You think German parents didn't love their kids when Hitler started war? That doesn't really prove anything.

When I brought up ISIS it was to make a point. What does peace cost? You realize Putin's Russia has all been about recreating the Soviet Union right? This isn't just the opinion of US intelligence but European intelligence as well.