1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pacers @ Rockets 2/27/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 27, 2017.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Way I see it, Rockets are ahead of where we all thought they would be.

No we are not contenders unless we get hot like that Clippers series...but to even be asking this question right now is a good thing.

A few more moves and maybe we are. We just lack the big right now, I'm not sure how we fix that. We can get Blake or try but I'm not convinced he's the answer. He is the answer at being so reliant on 3s though.

PhiSlamma15 likes this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nope, it isn't. Both have long players and a really good center. Rockets are also 42-19. Make sure you remember that.

PhiSlamma15 and D-rock like this.
  3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Exactly the way the Warriors are built no one can really contend with them. Meanwhile we have one superstar and this board expects him to have it every night or he's not MVP or a Superstar it's ridiculous. The reason no one respects the Rockets is because we don't. We're putting this BS all over the internet and we cry when ESPN repeats it. We need another star or two, guys crying about us not being contenders. OFCOURSE WE'RE NOT WAKE UP CALL WE ONLY HAVE HARDEN.

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

And out of the top 4 teams which ones have a real center?

5. Mr. Motiejunas

Lou Williams is the real deal. Only positive about this game.

6. dianelo

dianelo Member

D'Antoni 's team are not defensive team and never will be. It's not going to do anything other than getting some cute 3pt shooting records.

7. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I only care Championship and MVP.

8. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, we match up better with the top half of our conference more than the lower half lol! It's kinda funny. I think we can eek past the Grizzlies in the first round and the Spurs/Rockets will be a lot closer than most people think.

10. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Not arguing that at all...when we are ON...we can beat anyone and I mean ANYONE. BUT, when a team with length and good perimeter D shows up it can be a big problem. Not only have we won 42 games, we'll win some more BUT, it won't get us deep in the playoffs and that's what we all want. JMO though.

11. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Facts and stuff.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

True. Maybe they needed it. Disappointing, but maybe helps us going into the Clippers game.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets need blood stoppers at the 5 and the wing. And I'm not talking about animals who would zoo up the locker room (e.g. Bogut and Barnes) but guys who play with the right kind of nasty and have his team mates back.

Intimidators who can inspire the team. Guys similar in attitude to Bev, team guys who take losses and physical play personally. Smoove is like that, Lance Stephenson is like that, Larry Sanders is like that.

PhiSlamma15 likes this.
  14. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

yup and be sure to add memphis and atlanta for the same reasons

AuburnRocket likes this.
  15. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I hope we keep Lou forever, dude can't defend anybody but is entertaining and gives a lot of effort.

16. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

I'd take any zoo animal goon intimadator right now and if the zoo animal doesn't perform then just cut him and if they do perform then it's obviously a bonus

#1196 PhiSlamma15, Feb 28, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    D-rock likes this.
  17. Rocketeer4Life

Ariza is the team's current Corey Brewer

PeterKingX likes this.
  18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

For what you guys are asking this team to be we need a superteam. You guys want us to be a 60 win team, Lebron James does not even have that. You guys are ridiculous. Lebron has more help than Harden but apparently we have to have a better record than him and catch the Spurs who have several superstars themselves. You guys are totally ridiculous and unrealistic, we are lucky to even be where we are. By the way we only need 8 wins to hit a 50 win season and you guys are crying like we're the Lakers, shameful, lol.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  19. Zergling

Zergling Member

I mean... you can talk all you want about defense and rebounding. Shooting 45 threes and making less than a quarter of them hasn't really been a winning formula for us all year. You can start with that.

D-rock likes this.
  20. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Sucky loss. We were up 18-2 to start and we were all thinking blowout.
    Had beers with Josh Innes and Jilly at halftime.